Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

• If entrant is a resident of Canada: correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time in person or by telephone.

A quote from the Prize Claim Conditions of the Prime Giveaway that I thought was really funny, and I also want to know why this is a thing, but mostly I'm just putting this here because I thought it was really amusing.

18 hours ago, Enchantica said:

It's a shame, everyone's money is good enough to buy, but not everyone is good enough to enter. The rules etc. in my country for enetering?

WOW. Guess my 2000hours+ spent on Warframe just came to an end...

Right, because DE is responsible for the laws of wherever you live. They absolutely have to cater their distribution of FREE stuff  around every single law of every sovereign state.

Common sense. Get some.

Yeahy, a good Giveaway!
Juste when I play again this fabulous free game :D
I hope I'll be lucky this time, it could be a great gift to one of my bests friend to permiss him to play with us with my actual computer by replacing it by a new one! :D
And, even if I lose, I want to thank you for all you do for us, I hope this game will continue to beccome better updates after updates =)
One year and a half on it, and still take pleasure to play with my little group of friends, it's a really good ting for all of us, and Thank you from all the Dead Unicorn's member :P (Actually we are named FLConcept, but it will change again.)

I was asking : Will you translate the voices ? It's not that I don't like listen to Rebecca's voice as Lotus, but if she could talk in every language, it should be pretty cool, don't you think ? :D

Wow, juste reading again my commentary, it looks like an &#!-kisser commentary xD
Well, see ya in game, with pleasure! Kisses! <3

Why isn't Australia on this list? As far as I'm aware you only need a permit if you're running a trade promotion in Australia as an Australian business under our laws unless there's an entry fee.  

The only states I'd guess you'd have problems with are South Australia, New South Wales and the ACT.

How about keeping the giveaway setups for country/province/state you mentioned and offer Platinum or Prime Access for Non-"mentioned country/province/state" Players so all the community have a chance at winning for some kind of a prize also if a player X won 1k Plat from a DevStream/PrimeTime and that player is from the Non-"Mentioned country/province/state" will you exclude him/her ? i watched so many streams and you never said plat prize for country/province/state in ToS Only.even the game itself is global. 

Spoiler

my 2nd issue with the giveaway is the wording as follow

Spoiler

"Whether you're a Founder or a newly awoken Tenno, thank you for being part of the Warframe Community! We could not be where we are today without you. To honor your continued support."

in first part you're talking to all tenons around the world then we get excluded

Spoiler

"(c) be a legal resident of:(i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations), (ii) Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec, (iii) Finland,(iv) France,(v) Germany,(vi) Mexico, (vii) Norway,(viii) Russia,(ix) Switzerland, or (x) the United Kingdom. "

Ok i agree Setups can't be sent because of our country/province/state rules but what about Digital items ? like 4th prize "1 of 50 Upcoming Prime Access Packs (one week before their release)"

Edited by (PS4)Majestic-Man

On 12/1/2016 at 11:12 PM, Soulivium said:

Dear DE, can you please clarify how we are supposed to fill out the Giveaway entry form online?

I selected my gaming platform (PC), and then logged into my account, but the online entry form never showed up for me. After selecting my gaming platform, it simply says I'm now registered for the giveaway and tells me I need to play during the Giveaway period.

I was never able to fill out my personal info on the online entry form... Should I fill out the mail-in entry form just in case?

On 12/1/2016 at 11:36 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I could be wrong here, but I am pretty sure that for now, that is all DE is requiring people to fill out/do. Remember for most prizes they won't even need that info -- most of the prizes are prime access which are just virtual prizes and need no delivery address. The nine people across all platforms who win gaming setups will likely be contacted by account/email and then asked for further details about mailing address, and confirming their eligibility. With so few people getting physical prizes there really isn't a need to do that kind of intrusive information gathering on a large scale. 

That would make sense based on what they did in past contests. However, they have stated in the giveaway rules that they have the right to disqualify entries that do not meet their criteria. I'd be very disappointed if I were to find out I was disqualified just because I didn't fill out the necessary information the first time when, due to potential technical issues, I wasn't given the opportunity to do so or that I wasn't notified of the error.

"Incomplete, corrupted, garbled, misdirected or otherwise illegible Entries, or Entries without contact information, or agreement to these Official Giveaway Rules, are void and will not be accepted. Giveaway Group reserves the right to disqualify false Entries or Entries suspected of being false."

@[DE]Taylor , what should participants do in this situation?

9 hours ago, svanced said:

This is really stupid,I checked the country list and for Romania there were literally no (special) rules which could block DE in any way lmao. Im guessing the allowed countries are the most Platinum spending ones because the things in that book are NOT the reason.

Other than the fact that the whole thing needs to be approved by your National Gambling Office AND be done with the autentication of a Romanian notary you meant? I think those were the problems tbh :)

Hey WTH i live in rhode island why cant i enter?! been playing for almost 3 years and never been excluded because of the state im in! please tell me why. I dont care if i win a physical prize but it would be nice to be eligible for a prime acces pack. cant see how states laws could effect that.

Edited by Thormbus

I really feel DE should re-brand the giveaway to reflect the limited countries that are eligible to enter. Prime Gaming Giveaway! North America and Northern Europe only*

It's disappointing just from the perspective of the sheer number of languages your website/forum is translated in, not to mention the other countries that don't have enough of a player base to be worthy of such a perk.

Could you guys at least loosen the eligibility rules at least for the prime access packs? since there's no hassles with shipments or anything that would really interfere with any borders of any kind.

22 minutes ago, Seraphim_Okashira said:

I really feel DE should re-brand the giveaway to reflect the limited countries that are eligible to enter. Prime Gaming Giveaway! North America and Northern Europe only*

It's disappointing just from the perspective of the sheer number of languages your website/forum is translated in, not to mention the other countries that don't have enough of a player base to be worthy of such a perk.

Could you guys at least loosen the eligibility rules at least for the prime access packs? since there's no hassles with shipments or anything that would really interfere with any borders of any kind.

This is one givaway, they won't get two list of users for it.