Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Male And Female Frames

Yungtrooper31

The more frames the better! I would just like to see each warframe have a male and female skin.. I know that would take so much time, and so much more animations, but Im a guy and when playing a role playing game, or whatever type of game, I hate playing as a girl.. cant stand it.. actually have turned games down because main character was a girl... I know I know.. shallow of me or whatever, but I love embers abilities and  some of the other female frames.. but I dont even really want to go find embers blue prints or whoever because I dont want to play as a girl.. simple as that, my brother is the exact opposite, always picks or makes a female character... and I know it sounds like Im whining... You wouldnt have to change a whole lot.. helmets and color schemes and designs could stay  the same.. just add/ lose the lovely lady lumps.. beef up or shrink the shoulders, I dont know, just think it would be another awesome customization feature.

That would be cool too.. but rather they keep same abilities, because then I still would be left with the same delema with wanting those abilities but not wanting the female frame... but if the abilities were identical with each other maybe just different animations but same damage numbers and distances of effects and so forth that would be sweet... maybe have the two warframes like you said, ember and blaze.. but let the mods be used between the two.. in other words, each frame has its own ability mods, I am suggesting that the male frames could share mods with their female counter part frames. 

Warframes aren't classes like in other mmo games. Warframes are PEOPLE(or Tenno whichever you want to use). They are who they are, having gender swaps completely ruins the lore aspect. There is only one of each frame, there might be multiple running around but lore wise there is only one of each. I am pretty sure that this was stated either in one of the last two live streams(not counting today's), or it was in the Warframe interview with DE_Steve at E3 for gametrailers.

DE has stated that they aren't going to add gender swaps, and if they do decide to it will probably bone of the very last things they do (last I checked anyways).

I understand people wanting gender swaps and such, but imo I dont think it fits with the game. Like I said you are playing as someone, not making a character like in other games. I also don't really see what the big deal is over playing a girl frame if you're a guy or playing a guy frame if you're a girl.

I mean as far as the story mode goes... they can be who they are now, thats why I think having a male and female skin would work better than having male and female counter part frames.. but your right the frames are classes.. they are the suit you were... you saying that a female wouldnt be able to put on a rhino suit? or a guy couldnt put on a mag suit? if they are indeed not classes and just a suit they should have suits to fit both genders...

and its not a big deal... I probably will end up playing as one of the female frames... but bottom line is

I dont want to pretend to be a girl.. I just HATE playing a female!

Warframes aren't classes like in other mmo games. Warframes are PEOPLE(or Tenno whichever you want to use). They are who they are, having gender swaps completely ruins the lore aspect. There is only one of each frame, there might be multiple running around but lore wise there is only one of each. I am pretty sure that this was stated either in one of the last two live streams(not counting today's), or it was in the Warframe interview with DE_Steve at E3 for gametrailers.

DE has stated that they aren't going to add gender swaps, and if they do decide to it will probably bone of the very last things they do (last I checked anyways).

I understand people wanting gender swaps and such, but imo I dont think it fits with the game. Like I said you are playing as someone, not making a character like in other games. I also don't really see what the big deal is over playing a girl frame if you're a guy or playing a guy frame if you're a girl.

That's not entirely true. While it is true they are people, I think what it actually is is that there are a group of people who are 'Loki,' and a group of people who are 'Mag.' Only certain genders and people can be those frames, in the sense that only a tribal-like woman can be an Amazon. You see what I mean?

Although I don't hate mFrames I do prefer to play as women. Many people like to use video games to represent themselves to the world. People like to match their Avatar to their idealized self, and choosing the 'correct' gender is important to that.

I have to say I'm still not buying each frame being a single Tenno. Why can there be two or more of each in a given Cell huh? I've seen 5 Frost Primes at once in the Dojo. The boss talk also refutes it. They call you by 'your' name and then a few of them say things like "(warframe)? Your pretentious suits are no match for my power!" and "That (warframe) would look great hanging on my wall." which implies mass production, or at least multiples.

MY GOD WHY DO THESE TOPICS POP UP EVERY DAY! DE HAS STATED EVERY GODDAMN TIME THAT THERE IS ONLY 1 VOLT etc THAT EXISTS AND GENDER SWAPS WOULDN'T FIT THE LORE! JESUS, I HAD TO RESORT TO CAPS LOCK TO GET IT THROUGH SOME SKULLS!

I'll go in depth here without using caps lock, and from now on will just quote it every-time I see a thread like this. Naturally because this question is going to be asked over and over again, and the answer isn't going to change.

There will never be 'female/male skins.'; there will never be an option for any particular warframe to be any gender that it isn't already. The *only* way any such thing will come to pass will be in the form of different warframes of the same theme but different gender and design.

If you do not understand the concept of what is being said here, I suggest you research how games like Dungeon Fighter Online went about handling 'themed characters' instead of genderbending the existing characters for the satisfaction of the playerbase. (Because this is basically what you're asking for)

Regardless of what you believe it is what it is. 

Edit: As a note I will say that in regards to the skill issue? You would be better off suggesting to DE that themed warframes can share skills---they just won't start out with the other warframe's skills and perhaps there will limitations on the skills that aren't their's being used. Though I doubt they'll go for it.

Edited by Hauteclere

Do you have any idea of how many similar threads there are??? But, instead of replying to one of them, you just decided to create another one...

Also, this discussion is pointless. The devs have already said there will NOT be different gender skins for the frames

MY GOD WHY DO THESE TOPICS POP UP EVERY DAY! DE HAS STATED EVERY GODDAMN TIME THAT THERE IS ONLY 1 VOLT etc THAT EXISTS AND GENDER SWAPS WOULDN'T FIT THE LORE! JESUS, I HAD TO RESORT TO CAPS LOCK TO GET IT THROUGH SOME SKULLS!

This is so annoying... I mean. People dont even see the search function to look for gender. No. Better create a whole new thread...

4060909+_c348de8ec3c4bee27f1379f2061a903

~snip~

Edit: As a note I will say that in regards to the skill issue? You would be better off suggesting to DE that themed warframes can share skills---they just won't start out with the other warframe's skills and perhaps there will limitations on the skills that aren't their's being used. Though I doubt they'll go for it.

They already stated that they want more powers per Frame, so this would be a fairly easy way to introduce new powers to old Frame and doubling the amount of Frames there are, adding massive replayability (maybe grind, to. But that's a whole different issue.)

They already stated that they want more powers per Frame, so this would be a fairly easy way to introduce new powers to old Frame and doubling the amount of Frames there are, adding massive replayability (maybe grind, to. But that's a whole different issue.)

It'd certainly make getting other warframe skill mods less annoying, wouldn't it?

Edited by Hauteclere

Id love to see Genderswaps (or even change the existing frames to be gender neutral).  Regardless, keep the lore intact.  The last thing we need is some ME3 multiplayer bullcrap.  Keep doing what you are doing devs.  I just hope to see variations in the gender of frames.  I do hope though that they dont make certain abilities restricted to certain genders.  Thats just sigh inducing.

Edited by Zellith

I too would love to have both gender versions of all frames.

However, I think the way they wish to handle this matter is to create an alternate gender standalone frame for each of the current frames (with their own abilities).

There has also been suggestions on allowing the swapping of skills between the frame and its alternate gender counterpart.

Thus, technically, it might eventually be possible to have an alternate gender version of the frame you want but you might need to work for it.

Solurus... I apologize for not spending nearly as much time as you clearly do in these forums.. I am sure this question has been asked before.. and Im and positive its going to be asked again! so instead of going on to each thread and getting all upset like a child would, scroll on past it not hard guy.. I do appreciate hauteclere for communicating like an adult... and trying to explain it rather than just yell and tell me DE says no. But like valha Hazred said,

Although I don't hate mFrames I do prefer to play as women. Many people like to use video games to represent themselves to the world. People like to match their Avatar to their idealized self, and choosing the 'correct' gender is important to that.

I am one of those people who like their avatar to or character to be close to me as I can... I am a short white guy.. so I dont tend to like to play as a tall mexican woman ya know... 

and I guess to go to an extreme to get my point across.. I feel like when I play as a female character, its kind of like cross dressing haha.. again I know that is a bit extreme, and im not sayin if you play as a different gender that your a cross dresser... its just how it feels to me.. but solurus if you support cross dressing, thats ok, I dont have anything against you, everyone does their own thing bro... Im just sayin its not for me.. 

and I guess to go to an extreme to get my point across.. I feel like when I play as a female character, its kind of like cross dressing haha.. again I know that is a bit extreme, and im not sayin if you play as a different gender that your a cross dresser... its just how it feels to me.. but solurus if you support cross dressing, thats ok, I dont have anything against you, everyone does their own thing bro... Im just sayin its not for me.. 

Talk about a childish reply...