Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery 23 Test: Like Running into a Brick Wall

Imaru

Question

So I recently qualified for the Mastery 23 test (capturing mobile interception points) and I figured I'd run some practice runs before I did it for all the marbles (so if I failed I wouldn't have to wait a day to retry). I ran it as a Speed Volt build (I had done some research prior to doing it) and had no success whatsoever. I wasn't even able to capture one point because of all the CC that the Grineer were laying on me. 

At this point I've pretty much tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas. I was thinking maybe Atlas, as he's immune to knockdowns when standing, but I don't know how to play him well. How did other people do it?

8 answers to this question

Valkyr with good efficiency, Vitality, Steel Fiber, and Rage is how I did it. I just used Hysteria when capturing a point and let Grineer shoot me a bit when I ran out of energy. You can probably also do it with a Loki using Energy Siphon and an Invisibility build.

Edited by Nitresco

High-duration Limbo with Speed Drift, Rush, and Armoured Agility equipped. Then just Rift Walk and stay close to the points.

Took me a few tries (first failed because I went after the wrong points and timed out, second failed when Rift Walk ended and a Manic downed me in the midst of an enemy clump so I kept getting stunlocked) but I think that's probably the easiest way since you can completely ignore the Grineer and just focus on capturing the mobile points.

I used Rhino with just Maglev and Armored Agility. Worked wonders, didn't sprint too fast and wasn't too slow. The trick is to stay behind the capture point and then sprint+slide+roll when it decides to bolt ahead.

Anyway, great job on passing the test! I know it can be a pain, took me an hour of practicing to know the patterns until I felt supremely confident I could ease through it.