Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros build suggestions

Suncake

Question

16 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Health Conversion combos nicely with Despoil.

I think you could lose Stretch.  Desecrate already has a nice big range and you could make up for losing Stretch by moving more.

This is my opinion as well.

Health Conversion is MUCH more useful than Stretch.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

I would replace streamline because with equilibrium and despoil you'll get energy in no time. Bigger bonus if you have Zenurik(I also recommend switch Transient Fortitude with Blind Rage for that 90% damage reduction).

It will make Despoil eat way more health, though. But I will consider using Blind Range instead of Transient Fortitude. Having 70% of damage reduction with shadows atm.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Health Conversion combos nicely with Despoil.

I think you could lose Stretch.  Desecrate already has a nice big range and you could make up for losing Stretch by moving more.

21 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

This is my opinion as well.

Health Conversion is MUCH more useful than Stretch.

Don't want to lose ability range, but it seems that Despoil has a nice basic range already. Alright, I will try swapping Stretch for Health Conversion.

13 minutes ago, ashrah said:

to be honest health conversion is not that good...i regret  i polarize for it... if u doing  something really high just replace  vitality with qt...

It should be very useful with the rate Despoil Nekros consumes health orbs.

12 minutes ago, YpsitheFlintsider said:

You probably don't need stretch. You also don't need efficiency if you're running Despoil/Desecrate. You probably need a few more forma, then you could use more duration for your shadows and install Health Conversion.

Yeah, seems like that. Don't want to swap Streamline for Constitution or Overextended, though.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)blpimg325 said:

I would build him for speed and comfort.

I use Energy conversion, it gives you extra shadows and can increase your damage reduction w/ Shield of Shadows augment.

I also run the Despoil Mod, never leave home without it.

With Equilibrium health orbs keep my energy maxed, so energy orbs won't get picked up much. Also I don't know about consoles, but here on PC we are capped at 7 shadows and can't have more, unless our shadows summoned their own (hyekkas, infested maggots etc).

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Suncake

gIncb929UbfIRCZKU=

Try this build if you don't normally use shield of shadows.

-Good desecrate

-Tanky

-Soul survivor allows you to insta revive teammates (At the cost of your energy pool) while despoil keeps your desecrate on, dropping loot and HP orbs alike.

The only downside to this is the below average power strength and duration. (although maxing my primed continuity may help remedy that)

Edited by (XB1)calvina

3 minutes ago, (XB1)calvina said:

Try this build if you don't normally use shield of shadows.

-Good desecrate

-Tanky

-Soul survivor allows you to insta revive teammates (At the cost of your energy pool) while despoil keeps your desecrate on, dropping loot and HP orbs alike.

The only ownside to this is how Shadows become rather ineffective and soul punch is still a glorified NASA launch pad.

That's interesting, but I'm more into minions and undead, even better when they're combined!

I suggest removing either Streamline or Stretch.

I'm running a -55% efficiency build (albeit with Primed Flow) and don't really have a problem with energy usage (especially with Equilibrium), so Streamline is a possibility. As is already mentioned by others, Stretch is also a less integral mod in this build.

Screenshot original

You may like to try something like this out. Incredibly Tanky, only minor downside is your shadows have a 40m tether range so you need to keep on point of recasting to teleport them too you, but with as long as you keep killing enemies, with Zenurik and Desecrate you can essentially spam your 4th ability to your hearts content.

My general set-up for Nekros looks about the same as yours, but with Intensify and Health Conversion instead of stretch and streamline.  Powers aren't as cheap as with Streamline, and it doesn't quite reach 90% damage reduction (84% with the standard 7, though if any of your minions summon, this will get you to 90%), but it avoids the massive hit to efficiency from Blind Rage, which keeps Desecrate sustainable.

1 hour ago, Suncake said:

It will make Despoil eat way more health, though. But I will consider using Blind Range instead of Transient Fortitude. Having 70% of damage reduction with shadows atm.

Thanks everyone!

You will only lose about 10 or so health. When ur shadows are up and desecrate is getting hp orbs you won't notice.

30 minutes ago, KnaveOfSwords said:

but it avoids the massive hit to efficiency from Blind Rage, which keeps Desecrate sustainable.

I'm running Blind Rage, Primed Flow, and Health Conversion instead of Transient Fortitude, Streamline, and Stretch on the OP's build. This is -55% efficiency, but I've had zero trouble keeping my health up.

As long as you make sure to keep your energy from topping off, you're getting health from energy orbs, which is typically enough. If you prefer playing melee, bring a Life Strike (or Healing Return) weapon with Zenurik, and you'll have zero trouble keeping your health topped off.