Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should "we" be immune to status procs?

Xekrin

By 'we' I mean operators, of course.  When I did the quest and got attacked by my stinger equipped sentinel I died in two seconds due to toxin damage.  In kuva missions we go down FAST from fire damage.  Regular damage is obviously still a problem but somewhat avoidable at least.  Status procs just compact already terrible conditions.

With only 100 hp I think we can afford to just simply be immune to procs at the very least   I know Steve is working on making us more durable so I figured I throw this thought around, see what people think.

Anyway I'm insomniating and this thread is starting to make less sense so I'll stop now.

First off you have to remember that Warframe doesn't play well with logic, for instance why is Frost effected by cold or Ember effected by fire, make no sense right, if you think about it further, why in the world as a Operator when you have over 20 or more Warframes to choose from would you ever put yourself in harms way? The only reason I would ever choose to use my Operator would be if he has some sort of shield and vastly more HP, until then he stays on the ship.

1 hour ago, Pendragon1951 said:

First off you have to remember that Warframe doesn't play well with logic, for instance why is Frost effected by cold or Ember effected by fire, make no sense right, if you think about it further, why in the world as a Operator when you have over 20 or more Warframes to choose from would you ever put yourself in harms way? The only reason I would ever choose to use my Operator would be if he has some sort of shield and vastly more HP, until then he stays on the ship.

But how would you farm kuva then?

26 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

for instance why is Frost effected by cold or Ember effected by fire,

A freezer makes my food cold, but I can just as well freeze my freezer by tossing it outside in a blizzard. A grill makes my food hot, but I can just as well light the entire grill on fire.

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

If anything operators would be MORE likely to get hit with status damage as opposed to warframes from a logic standpoint.

As much as this makes sense, the Operator contains concentrated Void energy, so this kind of logic probably doesn't apply.

42 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

This is a fair comment until you get to the part about increased hp and a shield. The story thus far as I see and read it has the operator as a weak child whos experienced a catastrophic event that changed the very nature of what they were. The fact that while people play this game for fun and some pretty illogical situations, what you propose negates the entire story thus far and unless they managed to retcon it they would lose any credibility with the lore hounds that exist.

2 minutes ago, Hyroncore2 said:

This is a fair comment until you get to the part about increased hp and a shield. The story thus far as I see and read it has the operator as a weak child whos experienced a catastrophic event that changed the very nature of what they were. The fact that while people play this game for fun and some pretty illogical situations, what you propose negates the entire story thus far and unless they managed to retcon it they would lose any credibility with the lore hounds that exist.

I agree as far as lore is concerned but from a practical point of view all the Operator is is a cool gimmick which in the broader sense of the game makes no sense to use if you have 20 or more other Warframes you can remotely control and stay out of harms way. And if Kuva is the only reason you need to actually use the Operator then the obvious question is do I really need Kuva that bad?

50 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

First off you have to remember that Warframe doesn't play well with logic, for instance why is Frost effected by cold or Ember effected by fire, make no sense right,

This is a topic of much discussion and debate with logic on both sides of the issue.  From a purely balancing standpoint it would just be unfair to the non-element frames to give immunity to certain frames.  While the operator thing would be universal for everyone.

Anyway it was just a thought, I'm hoping steve comes up with something that resolves the matter.  What really got me was dying as my operator when my sentinel attacked me.  I was amused they didn't consider that and at least give operators 90% DR for the quest portion at least.

Being attacked by the sentinel (especially for those who didn't even bring a sentinel into the quest) should have been purely for the story, not actually deadly.

Operator durability, as I mentioned, is a pretty serious issue though, just offering up some ideas until we see progress in that area.

I don't understand so many people died to their Sentinels. I never once got hit, to the point that I assumed Ordis' lines about "I can't keep missing on purpose" were to indicate that we WERE invulnerable in that section. It wasn't until a few stray sweeper pellets winged me going out the door after the damage over time from decompression started that I realised I was in genuine danger.

Edited by lodoubt

4 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

do I really need Kuva that bad?

DE would have to confirm but I'm guessing the kuva usage since its inception is in the millions by now.  So I'd have to say, yeah we need kuva that bad.  Individually though it is pretty subjective.  They gave us this new resource and this new mechanic to gather said resource, the least they could do if they expect us to use it is make progression more viable one way or another.

Lots of people see the operator being controlled as gimmicky and mostly pointless, but we still haven't a clue what further changes and mechanics are in store for us.  Specifically (hopefully) with focus abilities, operators and their role in the game.

In the meantime though, operators need to survive at least a bit better than they do now or it will ultimately come back to your question.  Once the newness wears off of riven mods people will start weighing the pros and cons of bothering with kuva.

5 minutes ago, lodoubt said:

. It wasn't until a few stray sweeper pellets winged me

You got lucky then, or I was real unlucky, my diriga had stinger equipped and it fires fast and is fairly accurate, with gas/toxin equipped I get hit once and my hp simply melted away.  Once I revived and made it through the door I was fine, the initial attack was over in 3 seconds though.

18 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

I agree as far as lore is concerned but from a practical point of view all the Operator is is a cool gimmick which in the broader sense of the game makes no sense to use if you have 20 or more other Warframes you can remotely control and stay out of harms way. And if Kuva is the only reason you need to actually use the Operator then the obvious question is do I really need Kuva that bad?

I can kinda see what you mean? I dont know honestly if your looking at it from a mechanical gameplay perspective then yes at present what they did with TWW and the operator is a gimmick. That said we are not privy to the plans for future updates. I can honestly say I forsee a game where the operator becomes much more then just the controller of the frames but something that as per lore thus far has grown beyond the frames. While this sounds counterintuitive at best it could open up some MASSIVE changes to the way the game is as well as potential mechanics that make the operator situation as it stands justified. Who knows time will tell.

10 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

DE would have to confirm but I'm guessing the kuva usage since its inception is in the millions by now.  So I'd have to say, yeah we need kuva that bad.  Individually though it is pretty subjective.  They gave us this new resource and this new mechanic to gather said resource, the least they could do if they expect us to use it is make progression more viable one way or another.

Lots of people see the operator being controlled as gimmicky and mostly pointless, but we still haven't a clue what further changes and mechanics are in store for us.  Specifically (hopefully) with focus abilities, operators and their role in the game.

In the meantime though, operators need to survive at least a bit better than they do now or it will ultimately come back to your question.  Once the newness wears off of riven mods people will start weighing the pros and cons of bothering with kuva.

damnit i missed this post heh.