Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aranea, The Plagued, The Gluttonous (Spider)

VoidWraith

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)Eclipse XXIV said:

Adding on to her passive, since she's based on a spider unlimited or longer wall hang time?

I had it as wall-latching in one of her utilities in the first skill/ability (called Surface Hugging under Spider's Thread), instead of a passive.

Edited by VoidWraith

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to propose alternative powerset.

Passive:5x wall latch time, Aranea is invisible for first 5 seconds.

1 - String. Similar to Valkyr rip line Aranea shoots single string. If used on enemy it ensnare this enemy and draws Aranea to it. If used on walls it drag Aranea to wall and leave her wall latching if possible. Using on ensnared enemy transports Aranea to it without cost.

2 - Web: Aranea throws comb of corrosive web that damage enemies armor and shields in radius and leave several web patches on ground that ensnare enemies who step on it.

3 - Devour: Trigger ability. Aranea extends her spider limbs and glowing web appear between them. On 'shooting' Aranea throw this web whip style that goes in various configurations like waves of Excalibur. Upon contacting enemy webs ensnare it. Melee is replaced by claws similar to hysteria. Finishers (both stealth and ground ones) inflect huge status toxic damage and give boost to Aranea depending on nature of enemy. Flesh heals 25% of health and give status immunity for 30 sec, Robots give stacking 500 Ironskin-like armor, armored ones restore 10% of health and grant stacking 20% damage resistance. While Devour is active ensnared enemies in 30m range suffering from toxic status damage heal Aranea.

4 - Symptomatic net: Targeted enemy is ensnared and connected with Net to enemies in 7m range. If there are ensnared enemies in 25m range Net links to them repeating effect. Net staggers enemies on activation. While Net is active all status effects inflicted on one enemy applies to linked enemies with chain-like, maybe with some short delay. Affected enemies also receive extra 100% of damage from all sources. Visually there are random strings hanging from cellar and between walls and web covering corners (like less obstructive Nidus garden).

Overall intended playstyle is a mix of Equinox and Anubis. Using 1st power as mobility tool and clutching to walls for invisibility Aranea throws around Web bombs ensnaring enemies. She switches to Devour and ensnare more enemies, then she cast Net and start nibbing on ensnared enemies using 1st ability to quickly reach them. Huge toxic status damage from finishers spreads through Net and kill enemies while healing Aranea.

15 hours ago, Erl-King said:

I would like to propose alternative powerset.

Passive:5x wall latch time, Aranea is invisible for first 5 seconds.

1 - String. Similar to Valkyr rip line Aranea shoots single string. If used on enemy it ensnare this enemy and draws Aranea to it. If used on walls it drag Aranea to wall and leave her wall latching if possible. Using on ensnared enemy transports Aranea to it without cost.

2 - Web: Aranea throws comb of corrosive web that damage enemies armor and shields in radius and leave several web patches on ground that ensnare enemies who step on it.

3 - Devour: Trigger ability. Aranea extends her spider limbs and glowing web appear between them. On 'shooting' Aranea throw this web whip style that goes in various configurations like waves of Excalibur. Upon contacting enemy webs ensnare it. Melee is replaced by claws similar to hysteria. Finishers (both stealth and ground ones) inflect huge status toxic damage and give boost to Aranea depending on nature of enemy. Flesh heals 25% of health and give status immunity for 30 sec, Robots give stacking 500 Ironskin-like armor, armored ones restore 10% of health and grant stacking 20% damage resistance. While Devour is active ensnared enemies in 30m range suffering from toxic status damage heal Aranea.

4 - Symptomatic net: Targeted enemy is ensnared and connected with Net to enemies in 7m range. If there are ensnared enemies in 25m range Net links to them repeating effect. Net staggers enemies on activation. While Net is active all status effects inflicted on one enemy applies to linked enemies with chain-like, maybe with some short delay. Affected enemies also receive extra 100% of damage from all sources. Visually there are random strings hanging from cellar and between walls and web covering corners (like less obstructive Nidus garden).

Overall intended playstyle is a mix of Equinox and Anubis. Using 1st power as mobility tool and clutching to walls for invisibility Aranea throws around Web bombs ensnaring enemies. She switches to Devour and ensnare more enemies, then she cast Net and start nibbing on ensnared enemies using 1st ability to quickly reach them. Huge toxic status damage from finishers spreads through Net and kill enemies while healing Aranea.

I think my powerset that I have listed is better in my opinion... but that's just me, since it practically includes almost all of what you have just listed... or the ideas of the powers are very similar to me.