The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's anti-fun sound quake

PanicPrime

During last night's Sortie, Interception on the Uranus tileset, had me teamed up with a Banshee who, somehow, built sound quake with enough range to completely cover the whole map with little to no energy drain, and negligible damage.

The end result was enemies stuck where they spawned, unable to move for the entire duration of the 3 waves.

This is not fun. It's exceedingly boring just standing around waiting for enemies to come that never do or hunting down perma-stunned enemies in their spawn rooms.
At the end of the match the Banshee did 80% of the team's damage and correspondingly, 80% of the kills alone. I repeat: This is not fun.

If it's possible for a player to maintain sound quake for over 10 minutes undisturbed, then its range should be far more limited than it is. I mean look at that uranus defence/interception tileset, it is huge. A player standing in the middle should not be able to stun lock absolutely everything.

Sound Quake is probably the most problematic warframe ability currently mechanics-wise.

It CCs everything through walls, indefinitely if you can manage energy. It also nukes enemies to some extent.

It removes the ability to move and shoot, meaning you aren't playing when using it, just afking.

In my opinion the whole ability should be removed and something else put in place. It doesn't fit into Banshee's abilities or into the whole game at all...

11 minutes ago, Lindsrhyl said:

Yes Sound Quake has a huge range. Yes it has an awesome CC. Yes It kills everything, like Ember does, or Ash does (but now needs to move his &#! to... but destroys things nonetheless), or X does, or Y does. Those skills are not called ultimate for nothing...

You see, the problem here is that a Banshee player doesn't have to press anything besides 4 at the start of the mission. Even if Banshee player wanted to do something while using Sound Quake, he/she can't because of being locked out from any actions while ultimating.

I don't think the issue is SQ so much as the fact we are now able to make SQ effectively a pema lock down with a combination of our insane energy efficiency and resonating quake. Apart from that Banshee is arguably one of the most balanced frames in WF. I'd argue that as a power sonar is her best out of the 4. I personally really only use SQ as a lock down so allies can be rezed or when the pod is swarmed and we need a lock down ASAP because even with max power strength SQs damage isn't great, which was supposed to be its downside, alas thats kind of moot when you can pretty much keep it up indefinitely.

As much as I hate to have to nerf something because other systems allow us to abuse it, I would suggest SQ having a gradual increase in power cost as time goes on or diminishing returns on its damage over the time its channeled. That would at least take it down a notch that it remains godly CC and a great "oh sh1t" button, without hurting banshee too much. I'd hate to see my baby nerfed purely because people are now able to abuse her though. 

All that being said, I don't really have this issue often because if a banshee does that, and its still a rare occasion that I even see one if its not me, I just run into the spawn rooms and kill everything myself rather then waiting ten minutes for SQ to do its job. So on that note, na we can leave SQ alone. Its damage is pretty terrible and nothing stops the rest of the team from getting their butts into gear to go kill stuff.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Because of Sound Quake spammers, Banshee is one of those frames that makes me click [Abort Mission] if I see one join.  Ash has been green-lighted again since the Bladestorm rework, but Banshee, MIrage/Simulor, and a few others do absolutely kill fun.

I play Warframe to shoot guns, melee, and bullet jump around the map while killing enemies...not stand in place watching affinity numbers pop up in the distance.

Anti AFK measure DOES work on it since it's based not on actions made, but on position changes over time. Yep, just like for the old mag's gpull nerf bug, algorithms have to be put more efforts into, DE...

This way, if you don't move from, let's say, a camping spot but shoot stuff and use abilities... nope'd!

Besides soundquake DOES eat trough energy, let alone when you use the augment. Ppl complain way too much, this ability's use has ALWAYS been this... ALWAYS. And it was how the developers made it. Also, without the augment it does S#&$ damage, esp when you extend it to its max range, so move your butt-cheeks and kill those poor guys yourself.

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Say hello to the stupidest augment mod ever created

latest?cb=20160511233151

This is how you complete ANY interception / defense mission with one key. (as long as nulifiers aren't here)

Even then, just get your team mates to kill the nullies while banshee channels SQ. so even nullies don't really hurt her that much.

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Do you know the meaning of "git gud"? It's not pressing 4 and going for a tea. And it's not watching enemy's seizure. "Git gud" means "get good", what literally means overcoming a challenge, becoming a more skilled player. When Banshee's ultimate is reworked into something new and you won't be able to make it useful like others do and you'll start whining about it, that's when others can tell you "git gud".

You cant go for a tea. Stop ignoring the fact that you still have to collect energy after a while. It is the way it is. You go afk - you are fked as soon as youre out of Energy. Isnt it like this?

2 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

tumblr_nac1lpTdMF1rrkahjo2_250_zpsfwbrjy

1 minute ago, Lindsrhyl said:

lol... how naïve...

The day ppl will act as a team, in any game, is not close to happen.

And like the other dude said (the one firing shots at op): if you dont like something, make your team without it... seriously... i dont like dogs, should we kill all of them so i'll be happy? no. I let u guys have fun throwing sticks, away from me, and i dont come at you yelling that your fleasack is triggering something in me.

See? im not the only one with that opinion lol. In the times of the old Void i used that tactic very often and in 90% of the teams the people DIDNT shoot the nullis. I had to do this. It is only cheesy if the whole team works with you. You still need teamwork, otherwise that tactic is bullsh1t. People complaining here arent teamplayers themselves or ever played a teambased game like LoL or Overwatch or Paladins. You barely find a team where the randoms work as a team together. :D

Edited by --Q--DeineMudda

5 minutes ago, --Q--DeineMudda said:

You cant go for a tea. Stop ignoring the fact that you still have to collect energy after a while. It is the way it is. You go afk - you are fked as soon as youre out of Energy. Isnt it like this?

You can activate the ultimate, go for a tea, come back, drop some energy pods, activate the ultimate once more then go afk until next time.

11 minutes ago, --Q--DeineMudda said:

I see, you got no friends who want to play with you, thats why you come here and want to take our fun as well. Dont destroy our fun guys. Just because you cant have fun. ;)

Is it adressed to DE? Because they are the ones who's going to ruin your fun. I see you play just as long as I do and you're an active forum member, so you should've noticed their every rework's purpose by the time now.

Edited by Ksaero

10 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

latest?cb=20160511233151

This is how you complete ANY interception / defense mission with one key. (as long as nulifiers aren't here)

Exactly. First Vivergate and DE speaking out against "drinking bird" gameplay (and dang rightly so), some months later the implementation of THIS... i just don't get it.

Yes, this ability and augment deserve the nerf hammer badly. Better yet: Rework quake altogether since it's awfully boring mechanic-wise anyway. Banshee is probably up next to be primed, take that as an opportunity, will ya?

Just now, Ksaero said:

Is it adressed to DE? Because they are the ones who's going to ruin your fun. I see you play just as long as I do and you're an active forum member, so you should've noticed their every rework's purpose.

No DE doesnt do anything from themselves. They listen to the Community and when a lot of people in the Forums (!!!) complain, they might think its the usual thinking. But most people who enjoy the game, are not much in the forums like all of you are. :D Thats why not many people like me try to keep the discussion with guys like you alive.

Just now, Praxxor said:

That's bullS#&$ and simply impossible maximum you can squeeze out is ~2 minutes with mac PFlow and the Arcane helmet, and that takes a lot of work to get

You can tell me I'm talking bullS#&$ and I can tell you I sat through a 3 round interception on a large map with enemies on permanent map-wide lock down.

HOW he managed to do it is of no concern to me, what matters to me is that he did.

3 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

He didn't and you're trying to use it to give yourself some credibility, I spent days optimizing my CC build an I'm telling you that it's impossible, he definitely disabled and regained energy at some point. Please stop lying to people.

^

Just... this... the amount of bad faith ppl on the internet is fookin huge. But That's the real taboo, u shouldn't have mentioned it.

5 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

line of sig..

*dodges a knife* allright who keeps throwing knifes at me when i suggest line of sight >:|

Line of Sight when it makes no freaking sense? No, we need logic too you know? Either change the ability more thoroughly, or leave it as it is.

Edited by Praxxor

22 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

latest?cb=20160511233151

and energy eximus, and ancient heal

So now the popular call for nerf is on banshee instead of ember, mirage simulor ? good nerf banshee & put her again back in the underused frame

He didn't and you're trying to use it to give yourself some credibility, I spent days optimizing my CC build an I'm telling you that it's impossible, he definitely disabled and regained energy at some point. Please stop lying to people.

Why would I make this thread just to lie?

Is it possible he had energy pads? Is it possible he grabbed blue orbs between waves? Is it possible he had zenurik for 4 energy regen per second if he turns it off for a few seconds every 2 minutes? hey, is it possible that maybe he was cheating?

If the latter, while unlikely, turns out to be true the DE can investigate the specific case and close the thread off as debunked that there was an infinite energy cheater running around. Since that's the least likely outcome, we can talk all day about what he *might* have been doing.

Evidently however I'm not the only one experiencing this problem: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/729350-can-we-pls-get-rid-of-this/

Reading that thread now too, and the comments on both show that this is a known issue. 

Line of Sight when it makes no freaking sense? No, we need logic too you know? Either change the ability more thoroughly, or leave it as it is.

Electromagnetic waves not moving at the speed of light, or not passing trough walls... IMO the lack of logic wont shock me anymore.

4 minutes ago, ChasePanic said:

Why would I make this thread just to lie?

Is it possible he had energy pads? Is it possible he grabbed blue orbs between waves? Is it possible he had zenurik for 4 energy regen per second if he turns it off for a few seconds every 2 minutes? hey, is it possible that maybe he was cheating?

hmm i think it was banshee with arcane energize and kubrow that was keep bringing her energy orbs.

5 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Also, my point is that you are over-exaggerating just to prove your point, I didn't exactly argue that the stunlock doesn't exist, I'm arguing that you lied, on purpose or not doesn't matter to me.

People here just dont realize that such tactics are needed. They probably never played a level 50+ Corpus missions, and im not talking about Nullifiers. Know the sapping drones? Onehitkilling everything with this hard to disable "mines". People who enjoy endgame need endgametactics otherwise the players are the ones who get fked by cheesy enemies. Its sad people complain about things they dont see use for; Just because they never came to a point where those methods/Abilities ARE needed.

Edited by --Q--DeineMudda

1 minute ago, --Q--DeineMudda said:

People here just dont realize that such tactics are needed. They probably never played a level 50+ Corpus missions, and im not talking about Nullifiers. Know the sapping drones? Onehitkilling everything with this hard to disable "mines". People who enjoy endgame need endgametactics otherwise the players are the ones who get fked by cheesy enemies. Its sad people complain about things they dont see use for; Just because they never came to a point where those methods ARE needed.

That's a completely different issue, but I agree, as long as cheesy enemies exist, we need cheesy builds to beat them. I'll begin to advocate for nerfs as soon as those enemies become more reasonable to deal with.

Edited by Praxxor

2 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Also, my point is that you are over-exaggerating just to prove your point, I didn't exactly argue that the stunlock doesn't exist, I'm arguing that you lied, on purpose or not doesn't matter to me.

Where am I over exaggerating?

The dude managed to keep the entire map on lockdown for 10 minutes. There was no area of the map that I could find enemies who were not stun locked, and it is a large map.

By nature of my original claim that I was looking for enemies, would suggest that I was not watching the player permanently. I don't know how he did it, and to quote myself above:

20 minutes ago, ChasePanic said:

HOW he managed to do it is of no concern to me, what matters to me is that he did.

Whether he had infinite energy hax0rz, dropped energy regen pizzas, or collected blue orbs between waves is immaterial. My problem is that where enemies were observed, they were stun locked. I don't really see where anything I have said has been a lie or exaggeration.

Just now, Praxxor said:

That's a completely different issue, but I agree, as long as cheesy enemies exist, we need cheesy builds to use them. I'll begin to advocate for nerfs as soon as those enemies become more reasonable to deal with.

Just saying. But im not starting to complain about just one side of the medal. Like a lot of people here do. Do they see that the Warframe abilities are not the only cheesy thing in that game? Because they are not xD