Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[TWW] Riven Mods - Vulkar Visi-mantiton : Is This a Bug or?

ShogunNoir

Ok, so i thought for a bit of fun I'd take this Vulkar Riven Mod i found (After convincing myself not to turn it into Endo after an overdose on Salt, since this is the 4th useless Riven mod I've found in a row), i'd Potato up a normal Vulkar and see how far i can take it. 

So after putting on this Vulkar Visi-mantiton mod (+7.1 Damage to Corpus, +16.3 Impact, +27.2 Damage, -10.3% Multishot) the Status Percentage, Slash and Puncture procs have all gone down. Since i'm still new to the Riven system, and never dealt with negative multishot before, is this a mechanic of negative multishot or is there something else going on here?

SB9TuEP.jpg

It's because of the negative Multishot as far as i know. If you equip positive Multishot the damage will go up aswell, so i guess it's the opposite here even if it doesn't make sense at all, i mean, you can't shoot less than 1 bullet at once.. lol.

Multishot is implicitly included into Damage- and Status values. More Multishot = more bullets = more status procs and more damage. 
Lower Multishot = Less damage and fewer status chance, but since you have -10% multishot (calculated as -10% damage) and +16% impact damage, impact still goes up.

I would still reroll that mod, because multishot-values lower than 100% (the default value) might result in a chance of no bullet being fired, but ammo being consumed. Not to mention that if you put that mod onto level 10, you'll have -103% multishot = no bullets fired at all unless you use Split Chamber. 

Edited by ArrexDrandko

If your total multishot percentage goes into negative that does mean you've got a chance to not fire AT ALL or in the case of a weapon that fires multiple projectiles like a shotgun you'd be getting less pellets overall.

edit. As Arrex says, rerolling it is probably your best option.

Edited by Krjal

2 minutes ago, ArrexDrandko said:

Multishot is implicitly included into Damage- and Status values. More Multishot = more bullets = more status procs and more damage. 
Lower Multishot = Less damage and fewer status chance, but since you have -10% multishot (calculated as -10% damage) and +16% impact damage, impact still goes up.

I would still reroll that mod, because multishot-values lower than 100% (the default value) might result in a chance of no bullet being fired, but ammo being consumed. Not to mention that if you put that mod onto level 10, you'll have -103% multishot = no bullets fired at all unless you use Split Chamber. 

Thanks for giving me the mechanics, I'm a little bit smarter than i was 5 minutes ago! I don't know whether i will waste Kuva on this thing really, I'm still trying to find a reason to use Sniper Rifles in this game over other weapons. 

6 minutes ago, ArrexDrandko said:

Maths fail right here. Rest is correct.

10.3% x 9 (<- 1 base + 8 rank maximum) = 92.7%. With Split Chamber, you're still running a 2.7% chance of not firing anything.

Edited by matrixEXO

2 minutes ago, ShogunNoir said:

Thanks for giving me the mechanics, I'm a little bit smarter than i was 5 minutes ago! I don't know whether i will waste Kuva on this thing really, I'm still trying to find a reason to use Sniper Rifles in this game over other weapons. 

Best to get -Zoom for sniper rifles. Rather than -Zoom being a negative trait, it's actually a positive trait as it makes them more usable in close-range combat. Plus, it also allows you to use the higher magnifications for the increased stat values without detrimenting your gameplay with insane zoom.

Edited by matrixEXO

Just now, matrixEXO said:

Best to get -Zoom for sniper rifles. Rather than -Zoom being a negative trait, it's actually a positive trait as it makes them more usable in close-range combat.

So use them more as powerful single-shot rifles like the Latron as oppose to an actual Sniper?

1 minute ago, ShogunNoir said:

So use them more as powerful single-shot rifles like the Latron as oppose to an actual Sniper?

If you can get the -Zoom effect, yup. Don't actively aim for it though. It's a nice bonus to have but nothing more. But if you get a +Zoom effect, just reroll it. The increased Zoom doesn't help anyone as you have a harder time seeing your surroundings unless you're trying for a ultra-super-long-range sniping contest.

Edited by matrixEXO

Just now, matrixEXO said:

If you can get the -Zoom effect, yup. Don't actively aim for it though. It's a nice bonus to have but nothing more.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I think I'll just try and find someone to buy it quite frankly, it's more resources and time than the Vulkar is really worth.

14 minutes ago, ShogunNoir said:

Most people keep at least one sniper rifle for the odd Sniper-only Sortie that pops up... so far as I know, not many people, beyond myself, actively collect and use them for more than sorties or mastery fodder.

13 minutes ago, ShogunNoir said:

it's more resources and time than the Vulkar is really worth.

since you have Lasting Purity, it's most certainly worth it, whether you like it or not is a different matter.

as Lasting Purity makes Vulkar competitive with other Sniper Rifles, and Vulkar Wraith superior to several. (though less reliable)

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

since you have Lasting Purity, it's most certainly worth it, whether you like it or not is a different matter.

as Lasting Purity makes Vulkar competitive with other Sniper Rifles, and Vulkar Wraith superior to several. (though less reliable)

I know that the Vulkar does become very powerful with Lasting Purity, and even more so if i reroll some good stats. What i meant was there are very few situations in which i find myself in need of a Sniper Rifle specifically unless it's a Sortie 'Sniper Only' mission (which i'd probably avoid anyway.) I might be wrong, but other weapons work better in the same situations for my taste.

I'm not saying they're no good, and there are people who would actively use them. (As NinjaKitsune56 said above)

49 minutes ago, ShogunNoir said:

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I think I'll just try and find someone to buy it quite frankly, it's more resources and time than the Vulkar is really worth.

As long as you don't ask for insane plat for a bad mod, I'll buy it from you.