Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo Counter Question

kyori

Question

Just to clarify... the combo multiplier of 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x etc are multiplying the weapon's base damage and not the after-modded damage, right?

Wiki said it is from the base damage... that is pretty little as a lot of melee doesn't have high base damage. 

Wiki aksi said the multiplier increase the base damage as well as added elemental damage.... Ain't the added elemental damage count as modded damage?

Confusing as ever. 

5 answers to this question

I agree that the wording is a little vague, first it states, "Once a certain number of consecutive hits have been made, a Damage Multiplier will be given to the Melee weapon, increasing the weapon's overall damage including any additional elemental damage." and from then on refers only to base damage.

Asking around I have it on good authority that the combo counter multiplier only applies to the base damage of the weapon, but it applies it to all stats including critical. That is then effected by your weapon's mods. To use the example given to me, say your weapon does 100 damage and has a Toxin mod adding 90%. A 2x combo means your weapon is now doing 200 damage, and the toxin mod will add 180.

There's a lot more to this, obviously, especially taking into account new mods that alter how combo counter effects apply (like Relentless Combination), but this is how it works at it's base, to the best of my knowledge. I hope it helps.