Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builds Are Really Boring...But It's Starting To Get Better With Nekros

AtroSpiker

But that doesn't mean that I mean Nekros is the best. I'm just saying that the Warframe builds are kind of getting boring, but with Nekros and how he can use Energy Conversion, Health Conversion, and Equilibrium, provides a new and unique way to play Nekros aside from being desecrate Nekros.

Like don't you guys get tired of using the same three best builds for the same frame?

Don't you guys want to see a lot more different builds being able to work in endgame instead of being extremely mediocre or casual?

Wouldn't that be more fun?

I don't search up good builds for warframes. I just modify their abilities to fit my play style and get the support I need. Builds don't get boring for me because I always think of one instead of just searching one up. Being able to do something besides a desecrate Nekros is great (I actually spent a while trying to think of a really effective SoTD build that has all positives.) The only way builds are going to be fun is if people get creative and try to make their own.

Sure, as soon as we get some ability mechanics that could actually mesh with some of the unique mods. 

Nekros can reliably make health orbs, that's the key to being able to take advantage of the unique mod schema.

No other frame can do that. Not even Oberon, because Reckoning has to actually kill the target to spawn a health orb, meaning it stops scaling. Not even Mag, because Pull has to kill the target to spawn an energy orb, so it stops scaling. Change those two things to happen no matter if the target dies or not and then you've maybe opened up a unique opportunity for modding like Nekros has. 

Exactly. It's just always comes down to a handful of builds that can be counted on one hand that will work, anything else just ends up mediocre and casual or just a variant of one of the main builds. But those Simaris mods that Simaris has and the Equilibrium mod makes a huge difference in the ways we can play Nekros. 

I have 8 endgame builds for Oberon. Even with 42% usage, I'm not bored yet.

4 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

No other frame can do that. Not even Oberon, because Reckoning has to actually kill the target to spawn a health orb, meaning it stops scaling.

It was difficult, but the Oberon expert (that's me) found a way. I use Hallowed Reckoning, and a weapon to remove armor like Mutalist Cernos or Secura Lecta. I have tested it in sorties.

1 minute ago, Noabettiet said:

Depends on how open minded you really are. I'd argue that riven mods actuality opened up a great chunk of variety on modding, specially with negative stats.

And it really did. Like how Nekros can be a tank with Health Conversion or even dps with Energy Conversion. But what I mean by boring is that there aren't many ways to play a single warframe. They always fall under whatever main roles they fit. For example. Rhino will always be doomed to fall under tank, CC, and support, and nothing else.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I have 8 endgame builds for Oberon. Even with 42% usage, I'm not bored yet.

It was difficult, but the Oberon expert (that's me) found a way. I use Hallowed Reckoning, and a weapon to remove armor like Mutalist Cernos or Secura Lecta. I have tested it in sorties.

Does Hallowed Reckoning count for the spawning a health orb or something? Mind if I see build?

Edited by Gelkor

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Seeing as it's abilities that define the frame, and they only have four abilities, how many roles do you think each frame can fill?

With Health Conversion in combination with Nekros's Desecrate, Nekros can become a tank.

With Rhino's Iron Skin Augment Rhino can effectively become a DPS dealing 9k-200k or whatever his Iron Skin Health is at.

1 minute ago, zNightWolfz said:

its all in how u play your frame i od how i like to play and if that means i get the least kills and have fun or the most kills and still have fun thats what its all about..

FUN.

It's only fun if it really works.

17 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

But that doesn't mean that I mean Nekros is the best. I'm just saying that the Warframe builds are kind of getting boring, but with Nekros and how he can use Energy Conversion, Health Conversion, and Equilibrium, provides a new and unique way to play Nekros aside from being desecrate Nekros.

Like don't you guys get tired of using the same three best builds for the same frame?

Don't you guys want to see a lot more different builds being able to work in endgame instead of being extremely mediocre or casual?

Wouldn't that be more fun?

I have to admit that your right... Nekros popularity its not only his usefulness with his Desecrate, but also the interesting synergy it has with interesting mods...  Also his one of the Few Warframes that his Ultimate don't make things go Boom... His definitely one of the most interesting Warframes I have seen and Played... 

Now that I think about it, it was Nekros that that draw me in to Warframe... I had never seen such a cool Futuristic Necromancer in all my gaming years at that time! :satisfied:

Exactly. And we need something more in that direction for all the warframes. But when I made this thread all I really got was a bunch of players doing some side bragging in my thread about their builds and how great they are and how they aren't bored with it yet, entirely missing the point. =/

Listen. I don't trust the Warframe community to really understand what makes a distinctive build

Tweaking power strength/duration/range values to fit your personal preference is important but does not make for a "different" build.

Maybe my expectations are too high. =/

Just now, AtroSpiker said:

Exactly. And we need something more in that direction for all the warframes. But when I made this thread all I really got was a bunch of players doing some side bragging in my thread about their builds and how great they are and how they aren't bored with it yet, entirely missing the point. =/

Be strong Tenno, the forums have become a bit...aggressive...lately, if you post be ready to be tolerant, specially with does who feel strongly oppose and are very vocal toward your post. Just ignore the Salt, trolls and toxic comments and focus on the constructive ones that can expand your post... :laugh:

Also players will believe what they want to believe, do what they want to for fun or what they belive is more effective...just let them be. Don't get frustrated...and if you do just go play Warframe (beat up a few players in PvP, Show off your shiny warframe or help players with stuff who are starting to play the game) for a bit then come back and reply... just don't let it get to you. :highfive:

4 minutes ago, 0zryel said:

Be strong Tenno, the forums have become a bit...aggressive...lately, if you post be ready to be tolerant, specially with does who feel strongly oppose and are very vocal toward your post. Just ignore the Salt, trolls and toxic comments and focus on the constructive ones that can expand your post... :laugh:

Also players will believe what they want to believe, do what they want to for fun or what they belive is more effective...just let them be. Don't get frustrated...and if you do just go play Warframe (beat up a few players in PvP, Show off your shiny warframe or help players with stuff who are starting to play the game) for a bit then come back and reply... just don't let it get to you. :highfive:

I like your attitude. You should join my clan.

19 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

Maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough or maybe you guys just don't really get what I mean.

I'm still not quite getting it either. Before the desecrate toggle change, you still could play Nekros as a tank, it was called Shield of Shadows Strength Duration Build. Also called "I'm not gonna be your life support battery, I'm gonna be a one-man army" Build, and it was glorious, and terrible for frame rates because shadow numbers scaled with STR.

The change to desecrate to a toggle and introduction of health conversion actually kinda removed variety in Nekros builds, because now you can build for a tanky health conversion shield of shadows build while also still being able to effectively desecrate AND use your scaling minions to deal damage and deal damage with weapons because you aren't spamming desecrate. Yeah, you build him different than other frames, but he's pretty much just got "that one build" now.

The unfortunate fact is that aside from some frame specific augment mods, you aren't gonna find much of that in other frames simply because of how no other frames can reliably use health conversion, energy conversion, or equilibrium.

Edited by Gelkor

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

I'm still not quite getting it either. Before the desecrate toggle change, you still could play Nekros as a tank, it was called Shield of Shadows Strength Duration Build. Also called "I'm not gonna be your life support battery, I'm gonna be a one-man army" Build, and it was glorious, and terrible for frame rates because shadow numbers scaled with STR.

The change to desecrate to a toggle and introduction of health conversion actually kinda removed variety in Nekros builds, because now you can build for a tanky health conversion shield of shadows build while also still being able to effectively desecrate AND use your scaling minions to deal damage and deal damage with weapons because you aren't spamming desecrate.

It's fine. To be fair I don't really know how to describe it myself.

But with those two Simaris mods and Nekros, it feels like DE has been trying to reach a certain point with Warframe builds, but they aren't getting it through, the closest they got was with those two Simaris mods. Sorry for being a poor at explaining things, maybe someone else will do a better job.

Just now, AtroSpiker said:

It's fine. To be fair I don't really know how to describe it myself.

But with those two Simaris mods and Nekros, it feels like DE has been trying to reach a certain point with Warframe builds, but they aren't getting it through, the closest they got was with those two Simaris mods. Sorry for being a poor at explaining things, maybe someone else will do a better job.

Sad part is those two Simaris mods didn't even have a purpose until desecrate toggle change happened. And even then, it wasn't intentional.