Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starter frames should be prime and break into the normal version during the tutorial mission.

Erra

No, but for a reason diferent than the lore.

You don't want new players seeing the shiny Excalibur Prime as the first thing they see in Warframe and realising they cannot get that, ever.

Also, from a lore standpoint it doesn't make too much sense, since the normal variants are not damaged/broken versions of the Primes but a streamlined copy made by Tenno of the Orokin-made originals.

14 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

You don't want new players seeing the shiny Excalibur Prime as the first thing they see in Warframe and realising they cannot get that, ever.

I agree, that would be absolutely terrible.

2 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Like every game where the tutorial gives you the best guns, ect, then promptly takes it all away.

Even worse, since in those cases you actually can get them back, even if maybe for premium currency only. Still, you'll have the chance to get it back.
In this case though nothing you can do short of illegal account buying will ever allow you to own Excalibur Prime.

Warframe lore? Huehuehue :) Bunch of almost non-cohesive, out of space stories that were implemented without big picture of it to make players buy new shinies or refresh player base when it grows thin.

Edited by Valorosus
reasons

23 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Even worse, since in those cases you actually can get them back, even if maybe for premium currency only. Still, you'll have the chance to get it back.
In this case though nothing you can do short of illegal account buying will ever allow you to own Excalibur Prime.

That never happens. Not sure what games youve been playing. I find it mostly happens in story driven RPG's with no micro transactions

And i own Excal Prime XD