The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PS4] Good Boltor mod combos for corpus? [other than smite corpus]

(PSN)Minecraft1250

Question

Okay, so I've been trying to master the Boltor and it is a level 24 boltor, and the faction I'm currently fighting is the Corpus. Grineer is fine. I figured out that Grineer is just less powerful sometimes.(not all the time) 

So here's the "Good part" 

I fight the faction: Corpus. And it takes like the whole ammo clip to kill one Corpus enemy! I can't do mobile defense (I learned the hard way D:) because I run out of ammo just by killing 1 enemy! My MK1-Kunai, my secondary weapon, is way more effective, but has a lower ammo clip, and just the total ammo.

Any recommendations? or am I just doomed?

10 answers to this question

The Boltor isn't ideal against Corpus, it deals mainly puncture damage when impact would be better, however you can overcome that by modding with elemental damage (magnetic, toxin, cold, electricity are all good).

Edit: If you can post a screenshot of, or list your mod setup for the Boltor we could offer more assistance.

Edited by ChuckMaverick

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

The Boltor isn't ideal against Corpus, it deals mainly puncture damage when impact would be better, however you can overcome that by modding with elemental damage (magnetic, toxin, cold, electricity are all good).

Okay. I don't think I have elemental mods on my Boltor, so I will try it out!

I also have a level 30 MK1-Braton. Would that be ideal? (this question not targeted towards ChuckMaverick)

First, max out your Serration mod.  I know it's expensive, but it's the core mod for any rifle weapon.  Second, try to obtain a Split Chamber mod, and max it as well.  Again, likely a bit expensive at your level, but worth it.  Those two alone should help you handle the rank-and-file Corpus dregs.  To further help yourself out, get a Cryo Rounds mod, as Cold damage will help deal with their shields, which the Boltor's inherent focus on Puncture damage doesn't handle well.  You can also get a Stormbringer mod, which works well against non-fleshy Corpus units and combines with Cold damage to create Magnetic damage which destroys shields like nobody's business.

The Boltor's weakness against Corpus this early in the game is due to the fact that Corpus, unlike Grineer, have no particular vulnerabilities to its primary damage type: Puncture.  You may want to switch to another weapon, one that specializes in Impact damage (which works well against Corpus shields) or Slash damage (which fares better against the health of fleshy Corpus units.)

Edited by Arkvold

11 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

First, max out your Serration mod.  I know it's expensive, but it's the core mod for any rifle weapon.  Second, try to obtain a Split Chamber mod, and max it as well.  Again, likely a bit expensive at your level, but worth it.  Those two alone should help you handle the rank-and-file Corpus dregs.  To further help yourself out, get a Cryo Rounds mod, as Cold damage will help deal with their shields, which the Boltor's inherent focus on Puncture damage doesn't handle well.  You can also get a Stormbringer mod, which works well against non-fleshy Corpus units and combines with Cold damage to create Magnetic damage which destroys shields like nobody's business.

The Boltor's weakness against Corpus this early in the game is due to the fact that Corpus, unlike Grineer, have no particular vulnerabilities to its primary damage type: Puncture.  You may want to switch to another weapon, one that specializes in Impact damage (which works well against Corpus shields) or Slash damage (which fares better against the health of fleshy Corpus units.)

Do you exactly (or an estimate) of how much endo that'll cost me? I can't really say how much I have because I'm somewhere else other than my own house.

12 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Always use toxin damage against corpus because it bypasses their shields.

This is true, but Pathogen Rounds isn't available until Jupiter unless he trades for it, and this person's still using the MKI-Kunai - a starter weapon.

As for the Endo cost, maxing Serration will be the hardest part - a little more than 20k endo and almost a million credits.  Consider it a long term goal, It's worth the expense though.  Maxing any of the others I've mentioned shouldn't cost more than a fifth of that.

Edited by Arkvold

1 minute ago, Arkvold said:

This is true, but Pathogen Rounds isn't available until Jupiter unless he trades for it, and this person's still using the MKI-Kunai - a starter weapon.

No, Im not a new player by any means. I just think MK1 kunai is doing good on the planet I'm on (Jupiter) and I have the perfect mod combo for it. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Minecraft1250 said:

No, Im not a new player by any means. I just think MK1 kunai is doing good on the planet I'm on (Jupiter) and I have the perfect mod combo for it. 

You are using a  mk1 weapon and playing in jupiter , your forum account say that you register friday , you dont have any knowledge of game how mods (and type of damage) works  , but you are not a new player ? . It's not a bad thing being new , not need to lie .