Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lenses and new players

Chrif1992

Question

Recently I got a mate into warframe and he is loving it which is awesome

However he wants to get into the focus system more like I am, the issue is he is struggling to get lenses. In the 4 weeks of sorties which is about 22 sorties we have had 1 lens.

I get a lot of players have lenses I have about 20 sitting there because of the old system but how do the new players get into the focus system if they are struggling with lenses? It is a core part of the game. I am ending up giving them lenses

How are people who actually wanting lenses finding the drop rate?

12 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

I find the lack of Lens drops disappointing, more-so now that we cannot trade the Greater Lenses.

Fun fact: you cannot trade the items that you can buy for plat in the market. Otherwise, there would be no point to them being in the market, if ppl can get them for less from other players.

21 minutes ago, ashrah said:

do not put lens on any wepon... put it on frame u playing most....

To add my two cents, put it on a frame that you can easily stealth with (Loki/Ivara), or do lots of damage with (Ember w/ World on Fire). In my experience, Ivara and Ember are my most productive Focus farmers. In Ivara's case, having a lens-equipped melee weapon was a big help, too. I used the Redeemer, at least before the stealth changes that altered how enemies are alerted.

As for the main topic, I don't like the way lenses drop. I ended up buying the majority of mine, instead of farming.

Lenses are an issue on both ends. For new players the random nature of getting them from Sorties is annoying and blocking them off. For veterans they are annoying because we have alot of them and dont need any more. They should have another way of getting them, maybe put them on Syndicates to offer betetr accessibility.

9 hours ago, Chrif1992 said:

Recently I got a mate into warframe and he is loving it which is awesome

However he wants to get into the focus system more like I am, the issue is he is struggling to get lenses. In the 4 weeks of sorties which is about 22 sorties we have had 1 lens.

I get a lot of players have lenses I have about 20 sitting there because of the old system but how do the new players get into the focus system if they are struggling with lenses? It is a core part of the game. I am ending up giving them lenses

How are people who actually wanting lenses finding the drop rate?

Trade channel is your best option

It only cost 5p/lens (at least on XBOX)

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Trade channel is your best option

It only cost 5p/lens (at least on XBOX)

I get this, I don't need lenses but plat is a payed currency. Everything in this game is obtainable without money that is why it is a free to play game. Yes people say just trade mods and you get it for free but you are still involving yourself in the payed currency part of the game. I have put money into this game because I support it but I do not feel that I should need to put any of that plat into a core mechanic of the game.

This also does not fix the problem though, it is not me that needs lenses it is all new players and if the supply does not meet the demand there wont be any to sell.

Initially lens sold for 100 plat but they introduced the greater lens on the market to kill the price and if it was not for the market lens they would still be selling for stupid prices. And with the current rarity of them they would be even higher.

Lenses should be like forma, I want one on every weapon and I would love to put greater lenses on all my stuff but with the drop rate I have not made a greater lens in ages. I feel like this is what DE is going for but because they have not updated the focus system in ages I think it has been pushed aside.

Guaranteed 1 lens a week, if you aim for it, is very much a minimum standard that needs to be in this game

8 hours ago, Chrif1992 said:

Yes people say just trade mods and you get it for free but you are still involving yourself in the payed currency part of the game.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. You are saying it like even touching plat is something bad. Trading is also core mechanic of this game just as anything else including farming prime parts and sorties. Any new player can get lens of their choice in one day. The easiest and most fool-proof way would be a few spy missions on Earth - even if you fail one data vault you still get relic. Then few Lith fissures, then sell junk. Full set of 5 items will net you enough for one lens of your choice. All of that assuming absolute no luck of getting rare part from fissure that would sell itself for at least 10-20p.

Lenses are also not at all like forma. Why you want one on EVERY weapon is beyond me. Unless you mean one on every of 6-7 you use regularly. In every school there is just a few nodes you want to open and usually 1-2 other than cooldown reduction you want to max. Even if you don't farm focus on purpose you will get to the point you no longer care for focus in that school.

On 10/12/2016 at 0:39 AM, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

You are saying it like even touching plat is something bad.

No I am just saying that plat is a payed currency and the only reason there is because someone payed for that plat. Also I advise against selling prime "junk" you can get more value by selling primed mods and weapons from baro.

You can obtain everything somewhat reliably in this game without diving into trading, lenses are one of the exceptions.

On 10/12/2016 at 0:39 AM, (Xbox One)Deflinek said:

Lenses are also not at all like forma. Why you want one on EVERY weapon is beyond me. Unless you mean one on every of 6-7 you use regularly. In every school there is just a few nodes you want to open and usually 1-2 other than cooldown reduction you want to max. Even if you don't farm focus on purpose you will get to the point you no longer care for focus in that school.

DE will add to the focus system, they have said so in the dev streams, so I am playing for the future