Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

White Glow On Operator Hair

LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R

Don't know if is me or the game , but when i put the hair part on from the operator customization menù  i have a "massive" white glow on operator hair and tbh i don't like it... i think this appen after the TWW patch that fix the area without light in some parts of the quest/game ...

20161212093010_1.jpg

20161212093051_1.jpg

on the second hair style i can turn off the hair parts and don't have any problem (so if i will buy this one i will turn off this option) , but atm i'm using the first one and like the hair with the hair parts on , the only think i don't like is dat massive white glow....

image.jpg

i have this color atm, and don't think is the hair  highlight  the problem , or maybe yes uhm , now i turn on the game and try to change the color and let's see

EDIT: i don't see all this differents with a different color...

Spoiler

20161212101204_1.jpg

20161212101213_1.jpg

Edited by LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R
add a new screenshot

36 minutes ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

Don't know if is me or the game , but when i put the hair part on from the operator customization menù  i have a "massive" white glow on operator hair and tbh i don't like it... i think this appen after the TWW patch that fix the area without light in some parts of the quest/game ...

20161212093010_1.jpg

20161212093051_1.jpg

on the second hair style i can turn off the hair parts and don't have any problem (so if i will buy this one i will turn off this option) , but atm i'm using the first one and like the hair with the hair parts on , the only think i don't like is dat massive white glow....

That looks like the 'Halo' you get from Screen Space Ambient Occlusion. 

Try turning off 'Ambient Occlusion' in the option menu and see if it goes away. If it does, then there is not much that can be done other than for the devs to move to a much more taxing solution, or for players to run the game without it enabled...

EDIT:
"Glow", or "Shine"? I'm a bit confused now lol

Edited by MillbrookWest

18 minutes ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

i don't see all this differents with a different color...

Ah I see the issue.

It is an inherit aspect of a hair part in regards to the primary hair colour you choose - meaning it's out of your control.
I think it's a good idea you're giving feedback on this as it can be quite annoying - I did some testing with it myself just then and noticed I had to use different colours to make it less noticeable. For example I tried a dark green for the primary and a light green for the highlight and I barely noticed it - but the purple colour which is basically a dark pink shows it more clearly. I'm guessing the inherit highlight that accompanies the primary hair colour is too light. So the glow you're seeing is a very very light pink that looks almost white. They'll need to bring the brightness down for that aspect it seems so it blends in between the chosen primary and highlighted hair colours better.

Edited by Alcoholism

10 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

"Glow", or "Shine"? I'm a bit confused now lol

It's more like taking the primary colour you chose (which is a dark pink) and increasing the brightness to create a highlight without you even having a highlight colour. Then the highlight colour you choose is supposed to allow you to control that highlight. Unfortunately it is too bright for it to blend correctly - therefore you're seeing an extremely light pink highlight in between your chosen primary colour and highlight colour.

20 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

That looks like the 'Halo' you get from Screen Space Ambient Occlusion. 

Try turning off 'Ambient Occlusion' in the option menu and see if it goes away. If it does, then there is not much that can be done other than for the devs to move to a much more taxing solution, or for players to run the game without it enabled...

just turn off the Ambient Occlusion , now i have a better color on , but i always have dat white  Shine xD

did a different test using the legacy color palette on/off (poor my operator xD )

Spoiler

20161212104527_1.jpg

20161212104533_1.jpg

Spoiler

20161212104443_1.jpg