The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Merlin, Sorcerer Warframe

The_B00b3n

Zombo_Meme11122016014538_11122016014538.

This is Merlin, the sorcerer, the wise. He uses his knowledge of arcane magic to punish all enemies in his path.

Name: Merlin

Health: 125

Shield: 100

Armor: 70

Energy: 150

Passive AbilityEmpower:

Everytime Merlin casts an ability, he will have additional power strength for his next ability.

1st AbilityArcane Orb:

Merlin launches an orb of pure void energy on the targeted enemy dealing damage. After the orb hit the first enemy it bounces on other 2 enemies dealing damage. If there are no nearby enemies around the target he will take all the damage.

2nd Ability: Hex:

Merlin hexes an enemy target slowing him down and damaging him over time for 10 seconds. If the targeted enemy dies under the effect of this ability the hex passes to the nearest enemy nearby the fallen target. If the enemies are at the same distance from the fallen target Hex will pass to a random one. If there are no enemies in Hex's range it will disappear.

3rd Ability: Imprison:

Merlin snares an enemy inside a runic prison for 5 seconds. The imprisoned enemy can't move but can still attack Merlin. Enemies affected by imprison are more vulnerable to damage.

4th AbilityPulverise:

Merlin launches a continuous beam of pure energy that deals heavy damage consuming energy over time. While Pulverise is active Merlin's movement speed is reduced by half. Pulverise deals more damage on enemies affected by Hex. If Pulverise is active for too long Merlin starts to take damage per second.

Update 1.0:

Improved abilities.

Edited by The_B00b3n

6 hours ago, Lored said:

He's too simple, too standardized as some mage in any other RPG. All skills are dull, passive looks like OP.

Yes I thought that too when I made it, because I didn't want to make his abilities too similar to other sorcerers's abilities

9 hours ago, victor9819 said:

1st AbilityArcane blast: - Merlin launches a sphere of void energy, when the sphere enters in contact with an enemy it will explode dealing damage and knocking down enemies.

2nd Ability: Barrier: - Merlin creates a portal that absorbs all incoming bullets for 5 seconds. While Barrier is active Merlin can't attack and his movement is reduced by 50%.

3rd AbilityTeleport: - Merlin teleports to a targeted area. After teleporting Merlin deals more damage for 5 seconds.

4th AbilityMeteor Storm:-Merlin summons meteors which fall around him on random areas dealing heavy damage to enemies hit by meteors. While Meteor Storm is active Merlin can't move. Meteor Storm consumes energy per second. If Merlin is knocked down the channelling of Meteor Storm is interrupted.

I am glad that you have an idea to introduce "Magic" into Warframe, but most of these abilities you listed are very similar to existing abilities that are used by multiple of Warframes.

Arcane Blast = Nova,  Antimatter Drop

Barrier = Combination of : (Mesa, Shatter Shield;  Limbo, Cataclysm;  Mag, Magnetize)  

Teleport = Ash, Blade Storm 

Meteor Storm = Ember, World On Fire

[ Personally, I am a fan of "Dungeons & Dragons" and other Role-playing games, and I know there are many spells (protection & destruction) that can used that is not similar to current Warframe abilities.]

Thanks for sharing your idea, Tenno.

6 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

I am glad that you have an idea to introduce "Magic" into Warframe, but most of these abilities you listed are very similar to existing abilities that are used by multiple of Warframes.

Arcane Blast = Nova,  Antimatter Drop

Barrier = Combination of : (Mesa, Shatter Shield;  Limbo, Cataclysm;  Mag, Magnetize)  

Teleport = Ash, Blade Storm 

Meteor Storm = Ember, World On Fire

[ Personally, I am a fan of "Dungeons & Dragons" and other Role-playing games, and I know there are many spells (protection & destruction) that can used that is not similar to current Warframe abilities.]

Thanks for sharing your idea, Tenno.

His first ability is more fast than Nova's Antimatter Drop and deals less damage, it's just for a little cc.

For his second ability i have imagined it more like Dr.Strange's portal but it moves with you just like Volt's Shield.

For his third he can teleport to a locations, not on enemies.

And for his fourth....yes I agree...but he can't move, like Gul'Dan on HoTS.

Thank's anyway!

well I had a concept for a sort of caster based warframe that would use black flames and energy attacks, but  that is me getting distracted we should have a melee weapon come with this that is like a magic book that attacks using elements based on the stance mods so it would come with maybe four and it's damage type would change based on the ones you use. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

well I had a concept for a sort of caster based warframe that would use black flames and energy attacks, but  that is me getting distracted we should have a melee weapon come with this that is like a magic book that attacks using elements based on the stance mods so it would come with maybe four and it's damage type would change based on the ones you use. 

it'd still need a physical bit for collision and what not, so why not a floating orb controlled by the main hand?

16 hours ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

Yeah that was my first idea for his ultimate ability, I mean he can cast his abilities from his book