Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Struggling with Mastery Rank 17 Test

Blanchflower

Question

OK guys. I hope you can advise me. I am struggling with passing Mastery Rank 17 test. I did about 15 practice runs and only managed to pass it 3 times. For your information, I am using Ember Prime. What is the best build for Ember Prime to pass this test?

Most of the time, the orbs are appearing very far away from each other.  The only reason I passed 3 times was when the orbs were relatively closer to each other.

Please advise. Thanks.

11 answers to this question

I used the Synoid Simulor (Viral/Rad/Magnetic) and my longest-reaching fast melee weapon (orthos prime with a primed fury on it) along with Loki for sheer groundspeed.  Consider using Rush, Mobility, and an elemental bulletjump mod (toxic flight, rending turn, battering maneuver) for additional speed.

Fire the Simulor in the vague direction of enemies until you hear an orb spawn, then drop everything to get to the orb as fast as possible and strike it.  Only worry about the enemies when an orb is not present.

Orbs give less and less time with each orb that spawns, and it's kinda luck-of-the-draw as to whether you'll get orbs close together or far apart, so there's some elements of RNG there.

It's a tight test, but it is doable - practice your parkour and do not slow down for anything.  Stay in constant motion and if you don't know where to go, gravitate towards the middle of the arena so that it's more likely that orbs spawn closer to you.

Edited by Arkvold

1 minute ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Have you made sure to build for running really fast, ie. Rush and so on?

Consider getting Redeemer or that newer melee-gun, Sapsa or something like that. Last I heard their shots count on the orbs, letting you take them from a distance.

Yes I am using the mod rush. For your information, Redeemer does not work. It does no damage to the orbs. However, Sarpa works. But I still lack the time to complete it. :sad:

This test frustrated me to the point I had to quit for a coupe weeks....

Advise.Don't try to kill anything just run to the 1st orb and pop World on fire run to the next orb . Make sure you have some movement speed mods on .and bring some pizza in case you run out of energy...there is another one like 17 later on 20 or 21 not sure. same thing....

Best to just put it in the back of your mind and try everyday while you keep ranking up weapons and frames.If it takes 2 weeks or a month then maybe you will pass it one day and take test 18 the next.

the test is actually to test how well uc an find ur target.

is actually design while u killing the orb for extra time, u can kill d targfet.

at thsi time msot aoe instant will do well.

if you dont have it jsut whack alogn the way.

dont forget to equip sprint. the creep are weak but sometimes can be unlucky