Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not a fan of Zephyr? Perhaps I can help.

(PSN)Fen_Integrum

Question

7 hours ago, (PS4)Fenrushak said:

The  only design flaw is making divebomb and tailwind separate powers. None of her abilities are that awkward or clunky, especially for a player that knows the parkour system even reasonably well. 

and also, I disagree about mods and maneuvers. They integrate and synergies well with her kit.  To remain the aerial bummer that she is, no one needs to rely on dashing at high-speed's anymore, but could we instead supplement her passive and her parkour with the fast moving abilities. Maneuvers makes her much simpler to use, and it gives her  A place where her abilities excel.

You are clearly a fan boy (in the video is incredible easy to see ... and pretty irritating ) , why you lose time reading/answering the response of people . You have your mind set in that zephyr is perfect and a really good frame not matter how much reality tell you it's not .

2 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

You are clearly a fan boy (in the video is incredible easy to see ... and pretty irritating ) , why you lose time reading/answering the response of people . You have your mind set in that zephyr is perfect and a really good frame not matter how much reality tell you it's not .

There's nothing wrong with someone trying to share tips with the community.

Stop it.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Fenrushak said:

I've done it into castings with polarize. It won't strip the heaviest that quickly, but it will do so to the majority of n

A one trick pony is a pony that is only capable of one trick. She is capable of more than one trick. Just because you only use her for one trick does not make her one. 

Tailwind was not made obsolete buy anything. You cannot infinitely spam bullet jump. You can, on the other hand, infinitely spam tailwind. do you also keep in mind that it's not some either/or scenario.  Zephyr can use both, and rotate between the two. 

Rage  never falls off. It's energy according to the percentile of damage that you've taken. It's literally impossible for it to fall off, because enemy damage never falls off. 

I stand corrected about the blind from prism. I guess I got the range of the lasers Mixed up.  There is a tactical advantage to being able to blind from the sky though.   As for reckoning having a smaller radius, that's not entirely accurate. The blind is dealt to enemies from enemies. If you're modeling for range at all, you will have a decent blind radius. At maximum range, each enemy caught within the 37 m radius is going to admit their own at 10 m radius blind. With enough enemies present, you could effectively have a 94 m diameter blind.   Of course, I recognize that all of the same mods would produce a larger blind from Excalibur, but that wasn't the point of me saying it out classes it. It out classes it in the diverse utility provided. Radial blind does not produce knock downs. Reckoning does. radial blind does not irradiate enemies and reduce their accuracy. Reckoning does. Radial blind  does not produce health orbs on enemies that it kills. Reckoning does.  I'll take a slightly smaller range, when I have guaranteed knock downs, radiation status,  and produce additional health. 

The use of corrosive projection doesn't make it out class terrify. It emulates it. That also takes a full squad to remove its utility in armor stripping, of course, molecular prime does outclass it versus anything without armor.

Bane modsproduce very good results because it increases damage  according to the final damage calculated in a multiplicative fashion. it's actually a very smart thing to do, using that over IPS mods or negative accuracy/speed corrupted mods, as well as several other mods that people kind of cling to. 

that's the context LOL. The reason why I used it as a reference in the video, is because in the same fashion that a multiplicative bonus  enhances damage with bane mods, it also functions the same way with aviator and agility drift. 

considering she has the ability to barely be hit, if at all, immediately cutting 32% of the final product of enemy damaged dealt to her, while completely disregarding any damage bonuses or weaknesses that the enemies damage may have, is powerful for the same reasons that a Bain mod is powerful. 

Does that clear things up? I mentioned it because I've seen people who swear by Bain mods, but they laugh at aviator, even though it's functionally similar.

Well, at least we agree on Banes. Other than that though...

Zephyr revolves around Turbulence. She's one-and-half trick pony at most, if you build for Jet Stream . Sure, you may stay in the air for extended period of time and get reduced damage from Aviator + Agility Drift but one or two rockets exploding too close and you're down. Even with all health and shield mods her EHP mid-air isn't very impressive. And there are many tiles with low ceiling.

And yes, Tail Wind is obsolete. Bullet Jump sends Warframe in the air high enough for every map I can think of and doesn't cost energy.

Rage falls off when mobs kill you in one second. Which, apart from few frames, is sortie two level. Doesn't matter you got your energy back because you're downed.

As for Reckoning, I'll take blind over rad proc and knockdown. Only exception are Infested. I don't care about health orbs because Oberon isn't good at killing high level mobs mobs with his skills and that's where I would need them.

Actually I'm a fan of every frame. I would argue on the half of every frame in the same way that I've argued on behalf of her. There are no bad frames. Only bad players.

On 12/14/2016 at 6:25 PM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

You just need 180 power strength , turbulence augment, and your tonkor must have terminal velocity mod.

Your should love this set up. 

I want to thank you for pointing this out to me. I played a lot with Zephyr, but I didn't know about that mechanic with the Tonkor. You weren't kidding about it being a pretty cool set up, and I'm glad that you mentioned it before I went and did the video on turbulence.  Greatly appreciated! Looks like I had to empty my cup too!

On 12/15/2016 at 2:37 PM, Slaviar said:

Well, at least we agree on Banes. Other than that though...

Zephyr revolves around Turbulence. She's one-and-half trick pony at most, if you build for Jet Stream . Sure, you may stay in the air for extended period of time and get reduced damage from Aviator + Agility Drift but one or two rockets exploding too close and you're down. Even with all health and shield mods her EHP mid-air isn't very impressive. And there are many tiles with low ceiling.

And yes, Tail Wind is obsolete. Bullet Jump sends Warframe in the air high enough for every map I can think of and doesn't cost energy.

Rage falls off when mobs kill you in one second. Which, apart from few frames, is sortie two level. Doesn't matter you got your energy back because you're downed.

As for Reckoning, I'll take blind over rad proc and knockdown. Only exception are Infested. I don't care about health orbs because Oberon isn't good at killing high level mobs mobs with his skills and that's where I would need them.

She doesn't really revolve around turbulence. She is incredibly mobile, and has incredible crowd control. With the build that my friend above mentioned, she can easily outpace the Noob canon build (Mirage+Synoid Simulor).  Synergy is always a part of the game. Frames that don't necessarily deal great damage on their own, tends to work well with a specific weapon or weapons set. 

Tailwind allows you to remain in the air perpetually. Bullet jump does not. You can rotate in between bullet chump and hail wind with her. It adds more to her kit then it does any other frame. 

Oberon that is actually pretty decent at a high-level when you compound hallowed reckoning and Hallowed Ground.  The duet provides somewhere around 70 to 80% damage mitigation, and helps melt enemies when done right. As for your preference of blind, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's better. Honestly I'm not saying that anyone power is better than another, but that every power is outpaced in one way or another.  Preference does not make a frame objectively better. I appreciate your preference,  but the end all be all is just creativity.  The problem that we have, is we get so used to our niche builds, loadouts, and squad composition, and when something doesn't  fit that, we assume that somebody else does it better. Of course the logical go in that direction when it is observed in that way. I recall when people were saying that Ash is just a want to be Loki.  They dismissed all of the other stats besides invisibility duration to come to that conclusion. It's mental gymnastics for sure, to dismiss the capacity of the frames powers because they don't have the one feature that you like on a different frame to the same degree.  Such as the plate with the blind. Personally, I find that the radiation status, which reduces accuracy, and turns the enemies on one another,  to be incredibly useful. Between that, the blind which affects new people that enter the range, and the knockdown, it doesn't just stop the battlefield the way blind does. It turns the battlefield on itself.  That is what makes Nyx so very powerful. She doesn't shine very much in the star chart, because well she's getting everybody to crush themselves, they usually get gunned down before it becomes super useful. This form of crowd control begins to shine the less damage can be done.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Fenrushak said:

She doesn't really revolve around turbulence. She is incredibly mobile, and has incredible crowd control. With the build that my friend above mentioned, she can easily outpace the Noob canon build (Mirage+Synoid Simulor).  Synergy is always a part of the game. Frames that don't necessarily deal great damage on their own, tends to work well with a specific weapon or weapons set. 

Tailwind allows you to remain in the air perpetually. Bullet jump does not. You can rotate in between bullet chump and hail wind with her. It adds more to her kit then it does any other frame. 

Oberon that is actually pretty decent at a high-level when you compound hallowed reckoning and Hallowed Ground.  The duet provides somewhere around 70 to 80% damage mitigation, and helps melt enemies when done right. As for your preference of blind, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's better. Honestly I'm not saying that anyone power is better than another, but that every power is outpaced in one way or another.  Preference does not make a frame objectively better. I appreciate your preference,  but the end all be all is just creativity.  The problem that we have, is we get so used to our niche builds, loadouts, and squad composition, and when something doesn't  fit that, we assume that somebody else does it better. Of course the logical go in that direction when it is observed in that way. I recall when people were saying that Ash is just a want to be Loki.  They dismissed all of the other stats besides invisibility duration to come to that conclusion. It's mental gymnastics for sure, to dismiss the capacity of the frames powers because they don't have the one feature that you like on a different frame to the same degree.  Such as the plate with the blind. Personally, I find that the radiation status, which reduces accuracy, and turns the enemies on one another,  to be incredibly useful. Between that, the blind which affects new people that enter the range, and the knockdown, it doesn't just stop the battlefield the way blind does. It turns the battlefield on itself.  That is what makes Nyx so very powerful. She doesn't shine very much in the star chart, because well she's getting everybody to crush themselves, they usually get gunned down before it becomes super useful. This form of crowd control begins to shine the less damage can be done.

Alright, you got me on tail wind. I was convinced it doesn't reset bullet jump. After few tests in Simulacrum it seems it sometimes does, sometimes not. But my point still stands. Without Turbulence her mobility is meaningless as mobs will shred her anyway, with or without aforementioned mods.
Her cc is not great, it's mediocre. Tornado isn't even that.
Tonkor synergy is still turbulence. So yes, she does revolve around Turbulence. Doesn't matter how you look at her, it's her primary skill to stay alive, its augment is primary synergy. As I said, I like her, she's fun to play but she really is one of the weakest warframes and is in dire need of rework. Serious rework, like Excalibur's.

Frankly, I'm not in the crowd booing Oberon is worst frame. He's my go-to frame on majority of Infested missions. He's not performing that good outside of them but can still stand his ground. He outperforms usual CC vs infested because he disables all ancient auras for duration of rad proc.

Rad proc and Chaos are interesting. Though mobs usually take too much to kill themselves to consider them something more than crowd control

8 hours ago, (PS4)Fenrushak said:

I want to thank you for pointing this out to me. I played a lot with Zephyr, but I didn't know about that mechanic with the Tonkor. You weren't kidding about it being a pretty cool set up, and I'm glad that you mentioned it before I went and did the video on turbulence.  Greatly appreciated! Looks like I had to empty my cup too!

No problem. Glad I could pass along the techniques to my fellow Zephyr players.

On 14.12.2016 at 3:34 PM, AdunSaveMe said:

Mods or playstyles won't change fundamental design flaws, or the enjoyment people get out of awkward, clunky abilities.

By all means, share ideas, but mods and manoeuvres aren't really going to make many more people love Zephyr if they don't like her kit.

Fun Fact: These fundamential design flaws were top notch at the time she released.

Her original ult had 2 giant tornados. Enemys were caught for a while but most status was permanent and stacking at this point.

One could catch enemys and thus disable them for a while, make them affected by magnetic, switch its element to viral and depending on your need to corrosive and thus have fully dbuffed enemys AT THE TORNADOS CENTER as the velocity was also much lower.

Her first 2 abilitys made sense to be abilitys. They were the only way to get somewhere higher and thus a amazing tactical perk

But ya know, the game changed. Status became but a short dbuff that reverts its effect to zero once it remains unused.

The tornados became smaller as it was clearly useless to play them for the status any longer and many peopls complained, so they lost theyr status AND damage capability...someone even thought that some compensation would be a good idea so it's velocity became much higher, becomming the annoying mess it is today which offers a type of CC that spreads enemys all over the place.

Then parcour 2.0 was released and her first 2 abilitys were introduced to any other frame as well.

She isn't rly a victim of bad design but rather victim to unfavorable patching and horrible conpensation. She is broken outdated and needs a full rework.

20 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

They weren't exactly, but sure. Parkour was also 'top notch' when stamina was around.

Name any other frame the could permanently reduce the health, shields and armor of a whole wave at that time, sniping from a point no enemy or tenno could reach.

It was still as slow as it is today but so was the endgame and that's exactly where she shined.

She wasn't the go to cheat frame of that time but she was something, in contrary to today, where she's quite literally nothing but a frame that nullifies visible projectiles, what equals nothing.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Ok,

for this frame, zephyr, msot important for me is duration.

it can be simple or complciated as you like.

if you want it simple, duration and efficiency, spam tornado and fly up and sniper form top.

if you like it  interesting and cool,

double dash up skill 1 x 2. you will be way high up.

from the right click aim all below

On 12/19/2016 at 8:00 AM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

No problem. Glad I could pass along the techniques to my fellow Zephyr players.

I've been trying it more and more regularly,  to see how it compares with other powerful set up's. 

I have outpaced even the Noob canon mirage set up, and I'm not talking by a small amount either. I'm talking it was a mastery 23 that said they were trying out their Simulor Rivin,  and even though they were doing a pretty good job, and they out damaged and out killed  The next person below them by about 15 times.  and I still walked away with 60% of the damage and kills. 

this is kind of overpowered, especially considering it doesn't hurt you, and how it shreds enemies. I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life LOL

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Fenrushak said:

I've been trying it more and more regularly,  to see how it compares with other powerful set up's. 

I have outpaced even the Noob canon mirage set up, and I'm not talking by a small amount either. I'm talking it was a mastery 23 that said they were trying out their Simulor Rivin,  and even though they were doing a pretty good job, and they out damaged and out killed  The next person below them by about 15 times.  and I still walked away with 60% of the damage and kills. 

this is kind of overpowered, especially considering it doesn't hurt you, and how it shreds enemies. I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life LOL

Yes, I'm happy the Devs chose to allow it to remain in game. The method was initially reported to Scott a long time ago and he was made aware but allowed it to stay. I actually use it with my +Multishot +Reload Riven mod :-)

I watched your last 2 videos and just figured you liked the tailwind mod b/c its a fun mod. But after you mentioned about in your last video about Tonkor I was like, "I must tell him, he's missing out"

Zephyr's Tailwind and Turbulence are very good as-is, IMO. Tailwind could use some tweaks, maybe, but they shouldn't remove the dash-like mechanic to it, as it really makes Zephyr feel speedy and fluid on more open maps (low ceiling-ed maps/tunnels is where it suffers, hence the need for tweaks).

Dive Bomb and Tornado are both atrocious and just need to be redone. The only reason to ever use Dive Bomb is for a quick landing, but that's hardly a reason to keep it. Tornado's been a thorn in everyone's side for far too long; luckily Zephyr isn't as common as she used to be so we don't see too many people spamming it anymore.

On 12/20/2016 at 3:39 PM, Cat__Nap said:

Zephyr's Tailwind and Turbulence are very good as-is, IMO. Tailwind could use some tweaks, maybe, but they shouldn't remove the dash-like mechanic to it, as it really makes Zephyr feel speedy and fluid on more open maps (low ceiling-ed maps/tunnels is where it suffers, hence the need for tweaks).

Dive Bomb and Tornado are both atrocious and just need to be redone. The only reason to ever use Dive Bomb is for a quick landing, but that's hardly a reason to keep it. Tornado's been a thorn in everyone's side for far too long; luckily Zephyr isn't as common as she used to be so we don't see too many people spamming it anymore.

I think that tornado is only good immediately after the casting,  because that's the only way that you can really control where it's at is by dropping it on the enemies head. 

Divebomb on the other hand, is a solid way to knock enemies down, and a reliable form of crowd control.Divebomb on the other hand, is a solid way to knock enemies down, and a reliable form of crowd control.