Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginner help with solid beginner weapons?

SamuraiGod101

Question

I am mastery rank 3 and I bought the fire and ice pack recently. I am also building nova, and loki and just got rhino. I also have the new weapons from the pack and am feeling overwhelmed at the moment. What should I do? / What are some good primary, secondary, and melee weapon I should try and get. One more question should I sell the siccarus prime because it is terrible. Thank You so much! (all of this is in a new account)

Edited by SamuraiGod101

7 answers to this question

I'd say to keep your primes. As far as weapons go, we really need more info about your play style more so than anything. Their is a weapon for everyone in this game and it's really a matter of finding what you're looking for. Case in point, the Lex Prime. It has a MR req of 0 and is one of the single hardest hitting secondaries in the game when modded correctly. However, it's also a pocket sniper. If you're not into accuracy and headshots, you probably won't be very comfortable with the Lex Prime.

12 minutes ago, ashrah said:

.try to get heavy calibar mod will amp dmg... and shred mod to have punch trough

You'll want this for most weapons in fact.

Your mods are really going to dictate how a weapon functions. Even if you're not terribly into the spray'n pray types, the more accuracy based weapons will still benefit from this as well. Keep in mind the crit chances as well. Some weapons like the Soma rely on that and will become an entirely different animal when modded for it.

At MR3, some weapons I'd recommend:

Braton Prime - really cheap to buy, not too hard to farm, good damage, high status & accuracy, yay.
Kohm - full-auto crowd shredder Shotgun, what's not to love? (Just add Ammo Mutation.)
Dread - relatively common Stalker drop, it's a red crit / Slash proc beast.

[At MR4, your Primary selection get cool stuff like Ignis (!) / Quanta / Hek / Tigris / Sobek / Torid / Paris Prime / whatnot.]

Lex Prime - see Braton Prime for acquisition / that post above, I much prefer it to most "real" Snipers.
Sonicor - high AoE damage and powerful CC / frequent procs, another beast.
Furis - with the Augment (!) you get an immortality machine that also provides radial damage & Armor debuff blasts, woo.
Akmagnus - for the gunslinger feel, works nicely whether you build it for crit, status, or both.
Twin Grakatas - nicely accurate (yay crit build) maximum dakka spewers, also TWO GRAKATA

[MR4 has e.g. Atomos, Hikou Prime (should still be cheap-ish despite being Vault'd) and (woo Suppress'd) Kulstar.]

Orthos Prime - again, not too hard / expensive to get, it's got such ridiculous range (Primed Reach + Maiming Strike = OMG yes).
Atterax - another Melee with good range, heh, but this one's a true crit (3x multiplier whaa) monster, Blood Rush is a must.
Nikana Prime - TBH not a fan of the comparatively short range but it must be so dang popular for some reason lol.

[MR4 has Redeemer. It's a Melee with an in-built Shotgun. Yes that is awesome.]

That all said, new shiny weapons are shiny and good, but without the proper Mods,
you won't get a massively different performance so don't slouch in that regard, get and rank up all the Mods.