Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

"Operator, what is Cephalon Simaris like? I've heard such wonderful things!"

... And the quest chain just autocompleted itself after the synthesis of three lancers.

.... And then bugged to being uncomplete, so I have to do it all over again.

8 hours ago, JRTheSaltine said:

TY this worked, but the only issue is that some people need help to get into saturn.

Thank goodness it worked for ya. Thanks also for the effort of helping people do the workaround too.

If ever I'm online, I would like to help too. 

So I have just completed the quest, "The New Strange". During the quest itself there were many problems such as constant dialogue suggesting that I had completed missions when I really didn't. After restarting my game it seemed to fix itself and I completed the quest by defeating Chroma. The quest is marked as completed in my codex and after researching the topic I learned i should have obtained a blueprint for the warframe. I did not receive anything, in fact, the only thing I crafted was a scorched beacon and that's it. I'm relatively new to Warframe and would like to know if anyone else had or has similar problems.

I guess I'm the most recent to hit this Chroma quest bug.   I made the scorch beacon.  Then Ordis flipped out, repeating the same thing over and over.   Suda and Lotus sound bits kept repeating as well.  The quest jumped around with their dialog.  It moved through the last two missions of the quest, then it popped up that I finished the quest.   I hadn't.   The sound bits kept looping through the quest, all the way from the beginning with finding what happened to Suda's sentinels.   I jumped back in when it got to the last point I remembered.  I must have skipped the chroma mask part.  Once I got back in, I did the mission where I had to scan Chroma, then it seemed fine, so I did the last mission of the quest with a friend.   So I did end up finishing the quest.  But no rewards were given.

If it helps I was making other things in the foundry.   Ciphers and energy restores, both also took a minute and because I was making several, if the quest depends on completed foundry items, not specific things, it might have messed it up a bit. 

Yes, I have the same problem right now. 

I just crafted the beacon and Ordis suddenly decided to constantly say "What is Cephalon Simaris like, Operator?".

Without doing anything, the whole dialogue of the Quest rushed through (and I was literally just standing in my liset the whole time).

After a couple of minutes the Quest was viewed as finished and I didn't get the Chroma Blueprint (or any other Blueprint related to Chroma).

And now I'm stuck with this beacon :( 

Edited by IExcalibru
Grammar

I have a similar problem.  after scanning the 3 guys I heard the audio for the rest of the entire quest one statement after another and then received quest complete.  my quest shows as complete on the main missions screen of the codex, but when you click it wants me to talk to Cephalon Simaris.  when I go to the larunda relay (mercury) he has nothing to say to me.  I am guessing this is due to me already talking to him in the past to get the quest to scan the 3 guys.   The quest is now glitched for me.  I can get past to Saturn but don't have the Chroma bp

Hello I am having issues with the new strange quest I got to the part where you need to craft the Chroma signals, but I don't have the Chroma signals in my foundry. so I spent a good two hours trying to figure out what I needed to do. But there was nothing about this glitch on YouTube or Google. The Dialogue form the Lotus, Cephalon simaris, and Ordis acted like I had the Chroma signals. But I did not I tried restarting my game many times but nothing changed now I am stuck on the new strange quest, and I cant get further in the story without some other player to "taxi" me to Uranus to start the Natah quest. If you could help me I would be very thankful.

Edited by ScalyBones
I did not make an informative enough title

I have the same issue, after scanning chroma in the codex machine room, I proceeded with the quest thinking everything was fine, upon further inspection I found that the scanning of Chroma was supposed to give me a chroma signal (Blueprint?), which I did not get, prohibiting me from completing the Saturn junction, thus stopping me from moving past Jupiter and Europa

Dear DE,

I am requesting a fix for my quest on the New Strange Mission. It seems like there is a bug. However, I have done all the mission tasks required and I left with the part where i need to craft the Chroma Signal. And, the problem is i did not receive any blueprint in my foundry where i am suppose to craft it. Now, i am stuck on my progress and i cannot go anything further. I'm sincerely hoping that you can notice this problem and get a fix as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Regards,

Johnson Ng