Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Dedicated Dojo Servers

(XBOX)Static Rainn

Being a leader of a 1000 member moon clan with a 7 day kick rule, we are a very active clan. Which means a lot of people are going to the dojo all throughout the day, and the almost guaranteed host migration you will get everytime you join can get very annoying sometimes, especially when your in the middle of doing a trade with someone. As someone who has supported the game for the last 2 years and buys all the prime access packs and accessories I have no problem with buying a sever for my clans dojo if that does become the case. I know that has been a topic brought up before with the dojo and clan 2.0 stuff mentioned in past dev streams. And to give warlords an option to purchase a server for their dojo or to be able to qualify / given the option to have one would be very much need for my clan and many other large active clans in the game too.

Edited by (XB1)Static Rainn

Probably something to add to the dedicated servers feedback thread, it'll probably be seen better. Although while dedicated servers for dojos is probably a reasonable request, I have no idea if they have any intentions to put dedicated servers up for consoles. That's a significantly bigger step.

14 minutes ago, JRMC said:

My idea would be to move all labs, parkour room and duel room to the Relays instead. While there are a lot of big clans, there are also small ones that don't make use of the Dojo at all. The Relays are a great fix for both sides.

I agree that the parkour and duel room should be moved to relays, not the labs. Please not the labs. Can you IMAGINE the resource requirements for researching the stuff? A moon clan has a 100x multiplier to the base cost of an item, so something that costs 500 polymer now costs 50k, that's JUST for 1k people, and while not daunting an amount at this point, can you imagine the costs it would be for MILLIONS of players?

13 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

I agree that the parkour and duel room should be moved to relays, not the labs. Please not the labs. Can you IMAGINE the resource requirements for researching the stuff? A moon clan has a 100x multiplier to the base cost of an item, so something that costs 500 polymer now costs 50k, that's JUST for 1k people, and while not daunting an amount at this point, can you imagine the costs it would be for MILLIONS of players?

Clan sizes would still affect your research costs.

57 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Clan sizes would still affect your research costs.

If a research cost for something, let's say the Hema, is 5k credits, 5k mutagen samples, 10k plastids, 45k nanospores, 50 neurodes at base. For a moon clan that's what...500k credits and mutagen samples, 1 million plastids, 4.5 million nanospores, 5k neurodes. That's just for 1000 players. To open the research up for the ENTIRE community would increase that multiplier of the base cost from 100 to easily 10k if not more.

29 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

If a research cost for something, let's say the Hema, is 5k credits, 5k mutagen samples, 10k plastids, 45k nanospores, 50 neurodes at base. For a moon clan that's what...500k credits and mutagen samples, 1 million plastids, 4.5 million nanospores, 5k neurodes. That's just for 1000 players. To open the research up for the ENTIRE community would increase that multiplier of the base cost from 100 to easily 10k if not more.

It wouldn't be for the entire community. Researches would still be the same way that they are. What you research is only for your clan.

Just now, JRMC said:

It wouldn't be for the entire community. Researches would still be the same way that they are. What you research is only for your clan.

Yes. The costs would be based off the ENTIRE community, just like clans. Active or not. We have 0 idea how many people are "registered losers" and just have stopped playing. I know there is at least a very massive chunk that just stopped playing YEARS ago, and still have their accounts on the game(something like 900 days last logged in, yeesh...)

Just using some random numbers, there is what...probably like 10 million just on PC? Out of that about 1/3rd is inactive/dead/gone. Another 1/3rd that is new to the game/casual players/returning players with low resources. Only the final 1/3rd would be in ANY kind of position to make contributions to the community research, which WILL have research costs as if the ENTIRE community was working on it.

9 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

Yes. The costs would be based off the ENTIRE community, just like clans. Active or not. We have 0 idea how many people are "registered losers" and just have stopped playing. I know there is at least a very massive chunk that just stopped playing YEARS ago, and still have their accounts on the game(something like 900 days last logged in, yeesh...)

Just using some random numbers, there is what...probably like 10 million just on PC? Out of that about 1/3rd is inactive/dead/gone. Another 1/3rd that is new to the game/casual players/returning players with low resources. Only the final 1/3rd would be in ANY kind of position to make contributions to the community research, which WILL have research costs as if the ENTIRE community was working on it.

I think you're missing the point of my idea. Move the labs to the Relays but all researches can only be done separately, not by the entire community. That's ridicolous to even think of.

1 hour ago, JRMC said:

I think you're missing the point of my idea. Move the labs to the Relays but all researches can only be done separately, not by the entire community. That's ridicolous to even think of.

pfsh, DE wouldn't do that, not if they are on the relay, if it was moved to the Liset however....then yeah, done personally.