Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Keiji sighed to himself in exasperation as he collapsed from mental exhaustion in his chair. He rest his forehead against his desk, in the now-empty classroom where he just went through hell - teaching Initiates CQC strategy and room clearing tactics.

"God, I really hope we don't have to send them into combat any time soon. They're totally not ready...they would not be coming back from the battlefield."

He groaned to himself as he just heard a ping on his wrist-mounted communications devices. That meant he had a mission. 

...Couldn't he just have more than one day off in a row, for once?

"I reaaally hope Akio's having a better day than I am," He muttered to himself.

---

Akio stood right behind the helmetless Banshee, Kari, physically adjusting her posture at the rifle range and making small corrections here and there. While doing so, he couldn't help but notice how well her body molded against his, even through her Warframe's exoskeleton while he wasn't wearing one.

She wasn't quite an initiate, but the less experienced Tenno had asked for his help in working on her sharpshooting skills. Akio was a sucker for a cute face, so there was no way he could say no. 

"Okay, hold your breath and steady your aim before taking the shot," He advised, as she did so, "Now squeeze the trigger."

She did so, and did a little happy dance as she landed a bullseye on the target, hitting the holographic target right between the eyes.

"Thank you! I've been working on that shot for days! How can I repay you?" She asked, turning to face him with her emerald green eyes.

"Well, how about meeting me for a drink tonight?" Akio suggested. "I can't tonight," was Kari's reply.

"Welp, I tried," The sniper thought to himself, keeping a neutral expression to hide his disappointment. 

"But I can grab a drink with you tomorrow. How does 2200 tomorrow sound?" She asked, giving him a radiant smile.

"That sounds great, I'll see you then," Akio replied, doing his best not to burst out into a S#&$-eating grin.

"Yep! See you tomorrow night!" Kari exclaimed, getting up on her tippie toes to give Akio a quick peck on the cheek, before skipping off - still giddy about making that difficult shot, moreso than setting up a date with Venator's sniper.

"Hah! Take that Guy! I'm not terrible with the ladies after all!" Akio exclaimed in his head.

Minutes later, Akio nodded to the nurse on duty, who waved him through without looking as he walked into the medical bay, taking his spot in the folding chair in front of his twin brother, Akito's tank.

"Hey bro. How're you doing today?"

The unconscious occupant of the tank gave him his usual response.

"Heh, still not feeling like talking? That's alright, I'll tell you about my day," Akio continued, going on to talk about his day so far. After finishing up with the details of helping Kari with her sniping, Akio's posture slumped a bit as he got into more serious topics.

"If we survive through this, if this ever truly ends, years from now - I really hope that we can terraform a planet and settle down. Maybe Phobos, when this is all over? We'll find a house, I'll finally get to start that collection of Pre-Orokin, old Earth cars - Who knows, maybe things will work out with Kari, maybe you'll find yourself a good man," The Volt chuckled to himself.

"I remember when you first came out. I wasn't mad at all...somehow, I always knew, you know? We twins are funny like that. I'm just pissed that you told our sister first...but you're my brother and I'll always love you, no matter what. But I'm sure you know that. We're twins, right?"

Akio rose from the folding chair, which had an imprint on the seat from how much time he spent sitting in it. He walked up to the regeneration tank containing his comatose brother inside, and laid his palm against the glass. 

"I've gotta get back to work, but just try to wake up soon, okay? We've got asses to kick and God knows I've gotta watch your back out there. I'll catch ya later, bro."

And with that, the Volt turned away from the tank and left the medical bay. 

...If only he had stayed a few seconds longer, because he would've seen the slightest twitch of recognition on his twin's visage, as well as the most minute of movements in his pinky finger.

Here is my explanation of events for why I haven't posted up stories (particularly of the continuation to me and Kittyshark's trials of Faust and Fenrik.)

1. I just had Christmas so I've been busy with Christmas things and New Years is no better. I'm even having trouble getting myself to play Warframe to get the last two damned moonlight jadeleaf in order to make a vermillion anti-toxin to get those 100 points I need.

2. For Christmas I got myself Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and it's taken up my time. There is no room to be unobservant in that game but I am assuming it's a more forgiving version of Dark/Demon's Souls.

3. My muse to write is being very fickle lately and work having me on late night shifts isn't helping since that's when I do most of my gaming and writing.

Oh god, I haven't had a good nights sleep because I seriously can't think of what to write! I have no idea how to write Kris's reaction. I slept 3 hours!

Shouldn't his reaction be, well, confused, in that case?

Maybe if you sleep it'll be easier, so do try.

Still dealing with lack of inspiration and my soon-to-be lack of freedom.

My mouse is still broken and my grandma's home computer can't run Warframe without the game crashing every 20 or minutes. But i have Rift, Path of Exile, and a game by the initials of SB that will remain undisclosed because fuckin society hates the game for what it is.

Plus lack of sleep.

Edited by DraikoHunter

Not be to be rude but i'm not telling you. It's rather embarrasing for me that i even play it. It's kinda fun in it's own right but "Decent Society" hates it, and because of that i will not risk my dignity telling you outright.

On an unrelated note: So close to 200 pages! WOOO!

Edited by DraikoHunter