The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Umm...just a request, but could we put the story on hold after the point where they rescue Sophia and move out? Jeahanne knows what I'm talking about. I'd asked her to write Aiden's POV for a segment after immediately rescuing Sophia but I can't dump my duties on her. I promise to add it in by Tuesday around this time. You can try to focus on team 2's POVs till then or just rescue Sophia.

I feel like an arse for asking this, but I've got a fantastic battle planned out between Aiden, Kril and Goliath.

It's fine if you guys can't. I can always add it in later.

Jeahanne, fantastic writing! Don't demotivated yourself. Your work was top notch!

Okay, now I'm going to need some help.

How's Sophia?

Is she under guard?

How are they keeping her restrained?

Sine the dampener has been destroyed, Sophia will most likely be ripping through any living thing in her path with her psychic whip, if she hasn't found her weapons. She was under guard and clamped to a table with powerful magnetic restraints, but the guards are most likely dead by now, Sophia will have 'borrowed' a Grakata or what ever weapon she could find, and will mostly likely be found in the middle of a battle between Corpus and Grinner. Hope this helps Craven.

Oh and she will be very very angry

Edited by Spikey844

I wish I could tell you. All I know so far is that they set off the alarm and are no longer effected by the dampener thingie....

*edit: Am I the only one who looks down at the very bottom of the page here and wonders who the guests are that lurk here sometimes? Or who the anonymous users are? Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I really get curious about those people lol

Edited by Jeahanne

I wish I could tell you. All I know so far is that they set off the alarm and are no longer effected by the dampener thingie....

*edit: Am I the only one who looks down at the very bottom of the page here and wonders who the guests are that lurk here sometimes? Or who the anonymous users are? Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I really get curious about those people lol

Same here, about the guests I mean.

I've done that too. :P Here's the next part of my story.

Drained of adrenaline, Morlan did not feel triumphant at all. The Galatine had brought back memories of all kind, sapping his emotional strength. Nonetheless, he had collected samples of Gor Dei to study on the way back to a nearby dojo, one that welcomed all Tenno to heal and recover from missions. Peek hovered beside him, oblivious to his condition, carrying the samples. Morlan was glad he had chosen not to take a primary on this mission, due to the two heavy weapons he was carrying now. Peek also held one of two copies of the information gleaned from the ships computers.

Morlan collapsed at the end of his trudging into the mission prep area of his snub. The information had been hidden in the ships operating system. “It took longer than I had hoped to get this. Then again, this mission didn’t go my way at all.” Morlan took of his helmet, breathing in the recycled air, his fine brown hair matted down with sweat. “Peek, upload the data so I can look at it.” He looked at his screens to see map data coming up.

“Grineer shipping lines? Helpful, but not what I want.” Morlan frowned and pressed his fingertips together in front of his face. “I have to draw him out….. but how. He’s not fool. I have three options before me. I can do nothing with this data, I can surrender it to the Lotus, or… I could send it to the Corpus military.” His eyes glittered with a darkness, choosing the third option.

Except he had no way to contact the appropriate Corpus officials. Inspiration hit him like an Ancient, his breath leaving him momentarily. “Peek, connect the snub to the Grineer system.” Peek’s worded response came through, affirming that the task had been done. He checked the comm systems and saw what he desired: Gor Dei had left his contact frequency to his commander unsecured.

Morlans hazel eyes glittered with the persistent darkness. “Vor….. You are mine….”

Well, all you guys signaled Inspiration to kick me in the balls, and kick me in the balls he did, so here's a stab at a bit of fanfic that I've been thinking of.

Years had passed.

How many, he knew not.

He had been a Rhino, once. One of the first to be awoken from Cryosleep. He had fought a thousand battles to ensure the safety of his sleeping Brothers and Sisters. He had raided Grineer, defended against Corpus, exterminated Infested. He had done these without mercy, without remorse, for actions had to be taken, and orders followed. He had dueled Stalker, smashed Jackal, slew Phorid, but none of that prepared him for the Harvester.

It was the first of its kind. It had slew his teammates and disabled his Warframe, leaving him lying powerless on the snow-covered soil of the terraformed Mars. It had dragged him through the snow, deep into the Corpus facility he was supposed to be raiding, through the teleportation unit between the planetside base and the Gas City on Jupiter. And there he was, locked up and experimented upon for years. Years beyond memory.

His armor, once smooth and strong, was cracked and brittle.

His strength, once visible and great, had left him.

His musculature, once toned and defined, had given way to simple, frail bone.

He was once powerful, once mighty, once great. Now, he is nothing more than a skeleton.

He heard the Voices, calling, beckoning to him, promising freedom, power, riches and respect.

And he had given in.

His sensors were dark and nigh broken when he felt the energy bonds holding his limbs give way, and he fell unceremoniously onto the cold floor. It was the dead of night. His limbs were too frail to lift his weight, and he had none of the memory required to even walk, or talk.

He heard the Voices, promising the strength to stand and fight.

And he had given in.

He felt himself pulled to his feet, and he felt himself striding forward. A door opened in front of him, and he felt life.

Life that wasn't his own.

He heard the Voices, promising him the vengeance he so desired.

And he had given in.

He saw nothing, for his eyes were broken. He heard nothing, for his ears had been removed. He only felt, felt the hot plasma burn through his shields, burn through his Warframe, burn through his flesh. And he surrendered to the will of the Voices. And he felt the life drain from the room.

He heard the Voices, promising freedom.

And he had given in.

Edited by fishworshipper

Ok still on page 185 and I'm loving it well here's my first try at a fan fic

Say fog was on her way to a cyath mission to get her Nova leveled. Halfway through the flight her snub (more a hunk of metal actually)hit something. So she reinforced her armour for the vacuum of space and saw a massive post collapse orokin space station which was giving off curious readings. When she asked the Lotus what it was she said that it was The Light destroyer . She checked with the lotus to see to if it was the Light destroyer which made Project Dynamo. Turns out it was but it got shut down because REDACTED happened there.

So what do you guys think (slyly slide vik an exploding cherry flavoured cookie) of it?

Edited by Sayfog

Well, all you guys signaled Inspiration to kick me in the balls, and kick me in the balls he did, so here's a stab at a bit of fanfic that I've been thinking of.

Years had passed.

How many, he knew not.

He had been a Rhino, once. One of the first to be awoken from Cryosleep. He had fought a thousand battles to ensure the safety of his sleeping Brothers and Sisters. He had raided Grineer, defended against Corpus, exterminated Infested. He had done these without mercy, without remorse, for actions had to be taken, and orders followed. He had dueled Stalker, smashed Jackal, slew Phorid, but none of that prepared him for the Harvester.

It was the first of its kind. It had slew his teammates and disabled his Warframe, leaving him lying powerless on the snow-covered soil of the terraformed Mars. It had dragged him through the snow, deep into the Corpus facility he was supposed to be raiding, through the teleportation unit between the planetside base and the Gas City on Jupiter. And there he was, locked up and experimented upon for years. Years beyond memory.

His armor, once smooth and strong, was cracked and brittle.

His strength, once visible and great, had left him.

His musculature, once toned and defined, had given way to simple, frail bone.

He was once powerful, once mighty, once great. Now, he is nothing more than a skeleton.

He heard the Voices, calling, beckoning to him, promising freedom, power, riches and respect.

And he had given in.

His sensors were dark and nigh broken when he felt the energy bonds holding his limbs give way, and he fell unceremoniously onto the cold floor. It was the dead of night. His limbs were too frail to lift his weight, and he had none of the memory required to even walk, or talk.

He heard the Voices, promising the strength to stand and fight.

And he had given in.

He felt himself pulled to his feet, and he felt himself striding forward. A door opened in front of him, and he felt life.

Life that wasn't his own.

He heard the Voices, promising him the vengeance he so desired.

And he had given in.

He saw nothing, for his eyes were broken. He heard nothing, for his ears had been removed. He only felt, felt the hot plasma burn through his shields, burn through his Warframe, burn through his flesh. And he surrendered to the will of the Voices. And he felt the life drain from the room.

He heard the Voices, promising freedom.

And he had given in.

With a name like that, i wasnt expecting much.....But wow...that was awesome. We're glad to have you :)

*chants*

One of us...One of us..One of us....ONE OF US