The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

I am so proud of you guys running with this thread.

I will be writing up some stuff soon. I need to indulge in some creativity.

Lotus: "You've been detected! Prepare to defend yourself..."

Bwahahahahaha! *jumps into her pillow fort* BRING IT ON! >:3

To make this post more on topic. I'm happy to know you still want to write here, I love your stuff. We also have skype calls running now and then if you want in.

(Apologies for double-posting, but this is to begin the story after all)

Nova-Quinn wandered Aequitas' dojo, feeling somewhat distraught for once. She could only just remember that something was wrong with her, that she needed help with it. It was a strange feeling, one that NQ was not very well acquainted with. Folding her arms as she stopped in her tracks, the normally energetic Nova looked rather pensive at the moment. Something was telling Nova-Quinn she needed friends to help out too. Doing this alone wasn't gonna work...but who? Juliet was currently stuck with Quinn and her Banshee friend was off doing her own thing after their tea party on Mercury. So frustrating...and she didn't wanna bother Khimera and Crowley was gone for like...forever. Well, that was depressing, he'd just been gone for what felt like forever. "Crow-crow you leave me soooo bored!" She finally shouted to no one in particular, opening the first room she could hack her way into, finding it to belong to a particular ember.

"Ooooohhh..." There was an awkward silence as the red and black colored Tenno stared at Zel for a minute before stepping fully into view. "Hiya!" She said in her usually perky manner. "I was looking for peoples to help me and I found you!" Nova-Quinn explained without really...well...explaining anything. "I need you to meet me in the dueling room in a couple minutes, and bring someone along, we need two more people...uhm...that's what my stomach says...or is it my brains? Whatever, see you in a little!" Giggling incessantly now NQ pranced off to find someone else to help her out.

Nova-Quinn's wanderings took her to the Memorial Hall, a place that was finally back together after the Berserker incident she'd missed, much to her dismay. Rather than there being several Tenno there offering prayer or finding peace in the silence of the hall, there was a solitary Tenno kneeling at the statue. Stepping into the space did something to Nova-Quinn's head, making her feel...strange. She'd felt like this before, but where? Without realizing it, Nova-Quinn had fallen into a brief slumber and Scarlet had taken control, removing her helmet and bowing her head for a moment to honor the fallen and the lost.

Scarlet stepped quietly up to Heus, her crimson hair falling in natural curls down to the base of her neck, her eyes listless and dull without the luster of life her other personality held. "He was a great man, and a greater Tenno." Scarlet spoke softly, holding her helmet at her side. "I require...help." She turned away, closing her eyes as she put her helmet back on. "Nova-Quinn...requires help. Please come to the dueling room where a green Nyx waits. Zel shall hopefully join us with an ally." Just at the edge of the space where her control wavered Scarlet stopped again and glanced back briefly at Heus. "Where you will be taken...I can't say...but please be gentle with my 'self'." When she left, Nova-Quinn surfaced sharply with only the impression she'd recruited Heus to help her out, trotting off to the dueling room to find the Nyx or whatever the person who'd say they'd help her out. "Yay! I hope the help involves cookies!"

Emerald sighed as she waited in the Dueling room, looking around at it. The space was too small...far too small. She would have preferred room to make an easy retreat should she fail. Regardless, it was too late now. The stage was set and she'd need to deal with it. Whatever allies this Nova-Quinn brought forth to her aid would be useless, however. Grinning behind her helmet Emerald chuckled in a sinister, spine-chilling manner. In the realm of the mind, she was supreme! Not only that, Bone and Marrow would be there somewhere, there was no way they'd pass up such a chance to entertain themselves. Sitting in a formal position, Emerald waited patiently like a spider waiting for her prey. They would all be broken in that fragmented psyche like glass upon stone!

Zel watched Nova-Quinn walk away, and as soon as she disappeared around the corner, Zel's whole body shuddered. "Ok shortstuff...get a grip. You can't help her if your nerves are all tiddly." she whispered to herself, taking a deep calming breath.

After a few moments, the intoxicating scent of cherries faded from the air, letting Zel's thoughts return to normal. She turned and sprinted down the hallways of the Dojo, coming to a halt at her previous teacher's quarters. After buzzing his intercom for over a minute with no answer, She activated her link to the Dojo computer AI.

"Astraia, I need you to locate Aigloblam."

Aigloblam is indisposed at the moment. He will be available in 4 hours.

"Tell him Zel needs him, that it's important"

State your level of Emergency.

"Come on...don't start that crap. Just tell him its important, Please Astraia?"

Aigloblam sat across from the newest recruit to the clan, A Lavender colored Zephyr by the name of Dulcia. They had been going over the paperwork for clan entry for half an hour already.

"Normally, we would simply give you quarters and let you get accustomed to the Dojo before your first mission, But someone of your....lineage... warrants special considerations." Aigloblam said, having seen the familiar names of her family listed on the application. Of all applicants in the last 5 years that had applied, Only Acantha had been accepted this fast.

Dulcia shifted uncomfortably. She had known something like this would happen, It always did when her family came into any conversation.  She held up a hand and said "No disrespect, Sir, But even though I love my Family, they have absolutely nothing to do with me being here. I came here because Aequitas has a reputation for containing the best Teachers and facilities, Period. When i complete my training, I want it to be one hundred percent on my own."

Aigloblam nodded "And I can assure you it will be. Your family connections have simply guaranteed your acceptance, From here out its all you."

Before Dulcia could speak her appreciation the intercom beeped. Aigloblam tapped the console sunken into the table "Yes?"

Astraia's pleasantly programmed voice spoke up "Esmerella Zella would like a word with you, She says its important".

Aigloblam turned to Dulcia "It appears that my former student needs assistance. Sorry to cut this short. I'll have your belongings sent to your quarters. Just wait here, and a staff member will be along shortly to show you around. Welcome to Aequitas." He bowed to her and left the room.

Zel stood outside the door, obviously still a bit nervous. She explained what happened on their way to the Dueling room. Aigloblam had known Zel for many years, so beyond his curiosity of what exactly was going on, He felt other emotions in Zel that he hadn't felt from her before.

Zel's strange emotions or not, A fellow Tenno needed help, that is all Aigloblam needed to know.

Edited by Aigloblam

Pull something out of your bag of semi-usefull writing ideas ;)

sadly i dont think that exists :\

still dont know what to do with that damn nekros (germanguy's)....maybe jettison it out into space...no no cant do that. 

*reaches into imaginary bag of semi-usefull writing ideas, only to pull out a broken whoopee cushion and a block of ice named Darcy..........*

Edited by QuinnsWing

You will have to message me. I can't get skype at school. But I know that if Vik isn't writing the moment when Kris finds out about the child I will be writing that. Also I have half term starting on Friday so I can join skype calls for a week then.

Edited by Spikey844