Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to use Hysterical Assault?

iDragolyte

Question

13 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

completely pointless if you ask me.

Oh, it is absolutely pointless, yet somehow the majority of DC votes were all for it.  Probably because it was the only suggestion that didn't remove invulnerability in some way in exchange for some other benefit.  Can't have hysteria on a 600 armor frame without complete immunity to damage, oh noes.  So pointless teleport is what we get stuck with.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Oh, it is absolutely pointless, yet somehow the majority of DC votes were all for it.  Probably because it was the only suggestion that didn't remove invulnerability in some way in exchange for some other benefit.  Can't have hysteria on a 600 armor frame without complete immunity to damage, oh noes.  So pointless teleport is what we get stuck with.

don't get me started...  

48 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

completely pointless if you ask me

Not at all pointless. It's excellent for moving from enemy to enemy. While you could say 'we have Ripline for this', this mod doesn't cost energy (which is a thing, since, you know, Hysteria costs a LOT more now than it used to). There's also the fact that, if you don't use Narrow Minded (which I don't), the range is pretty substantial. I have loads of fun zipping from enemy to enemy like a truly pissed-off Ash.

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

I don't recall any of the shortlisted options saying anything about removing invulnerability.

Hey, you're right. I do recall quite a few suggestions were about exchanging invul for some other thing though.  Not sure which ones in the final polls involved removing invul, which makes the final selection sadder really.  I'm just sad my idea lost by only 3.2% votes :sad: 

1 hour ago, VentiGlondi said:

It's a shame augments aren't completely optional, huh?

And I do not use it, like so many many other augments.  Hey who wants to join me in giving Mesa's Ballistic Battery 100% status chance for a single shot!! No one?  That's what I thought.

Yeah, some people probably use it, like it and prefer it over ripline which essentially does the same thing but in reverse if an enemy is targeted, I would just like to see more options for augmenting abilities in ways that are not either totally useless, band-aids or pointless replacements for abilities that frame already has.

They really should just make ripline pull you towards enemies just like it does with terrain, and replace this mod with something better.  Since yanking an enemy off its feet barely does anything anyway.

But this isn't the forum for feedback, so there really is no point in furthering this conversation.  I was perfectly happy with ranting, don't bring logic into this.

Edited by Xekrin