Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions from an experienced Noob

(PSN)theframpton5

Question

Hi, just started here on this forum. I have been playing Warframe since it became available on PS4, but only off and on here and there. I am almost at 150 days (login). But honestly most of that is from my 4 year old who was playing it without me knowing it.:highfive: Anyway since COD looked bad this year I never bought it and instead started playing warframe, a lot. So I was wondering who or where (youtube, online, etc) are good places to find good info/guides on how to use things like focus, arcanes(?), etc. I watch Originalwickedfun and Bousefenix (his vids before he quit) but was wondering if there was others that offer different help and perspectives. This is how noobie I am, last night I realized that if I looked at the stats on weapons I could really push some up like going only slash on a weapon that is higher in that category. Also I got a riven mod that says I need to get 15 kills in a row while wall running without touching the ground, how can anyone complete that? I'd trade away the riven mods if anyone would take them, they don't seem helpful, they are all mastery rank locked to me anyway.

11 answers to this question

hey. i may have few answers:

For focus/ arcanes, i refered to wiki/forums here. just search what you looking for, u will find it.
Vids are great for specific frames or builds, but when you look for general info, wiki is your place

for 15 kill without touching the ground, you can use wall latch. (hold aim while next to the wall in air, you will stick to it for few sec)
Not sure how its on ps4, but on pc its RMB on wall while in air=wall latch.(bro who plays on ps4 is away so cant confirm)

Edited by Sophista

Take a look at Mogamu's vid, all the advices aren't always good, and some vids might be old, but in most cases you'll find plenty of things to help.

Also, if Lore interest you go look at Stallord's channel he has some good infos on what's going on.

I just posted this to another noobie...but yeah the YouTube vids allowed me to really make sense of the meta invovled in this game and BOY is there META.

So I would say:

YouTube videos...too many great content creators. AGayGuyPlays, Mogamu, OriginalWickedfun, Tactical Potato, and H3dsh0t. Those are my MountRushmore of Warframe YouTubers.

They taught me how to spy...i laugh at how bad I sucked...and doing spy missions to get better allowed me to get Ivara before I even wanted her.

I do recommend the Wikka to understand how to acquire relics and weapons--since the older videos will certainly have outdated information. 

You actually are in luck because AGayGuyPlays and OriginalWickedfun are both doing vids reviewing their best weapons and frames and such.

It was always great to watch a video to help me decide should I keep a weapon. 

I kept all frames. I like the challenge of using a bad/lame frame on tough solo missions. That is my fix. Ohh can I get squishy Mirage to do a 30 survival (without using a Synoid Sumlor)...answer 

nope..not yet...but its fun to try. 

I suggest keeping the riven as it could be useful later (assuming you enjoy the weapon it's for). For unlocking it, oerhaps an infested defense>attach explosives on and near objective and detonate, or fire rockets at it while wallrunning perhaps?