Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only Person Who Wants The Original Snipetron?

Notso

You're missing the point.

I don't care if there were better weapons. I loved using it [it is actually the better sniper over the Vulkar anyway], and I want it back. Nobody was told it was going to be removed, yet people who had were still allowed to keep it. Just because you don't like it does not invalidate the wishes of people who would actually like to own it.

This is grossly unfair as far as I'm concerned, and DE needs to fix the problem rather than just re-skinning it and calling it a day.

I completely agree. I regret moving to buy the Snipetron too late -- I sold my Braton for a slot, and it got removed before I had enough time to buy it. Personally, I'll probably never be actually able to buy any platinum, so I'll have to do with what I can get. However, that doesn't change the fact that we lost an item for the OCD collectors, an item to level up our mastery ranking, and basically the only sniper rifle at the time all without warning.

My thoughts on how to get some reasoning behind the removal of the normal Snipetron and why a Snipetron Vandal is ok.

DE removed the normal Snipetron because it does not fit the Corpus weapon traits (anymore) .. meaning it should shoot energy pewpew instead of bullets (but on that matter i wonder why the Mk1 Braton and normal Braton was not removed, too).

People cried because they wanted a Snipetron.. still... and even more so after it got removed and became "exclusive".

So DE will give out a Vandal version of the Snipetron and we all know that Vandal means that it is a refit made by Lotus/Tenno to fit the Tenno's needs. That's why it's "ok" because Lotus/Tenno refitted it so it shoots bullets instead of energy pewpew (much like the Braton Vandal that shoots bullets, too even it's of corpus design and should shoot energy pew pew yadda yadda yadda).

If you see it like i do.. it fits.. but will mean in the end that the normal Snipetron will never come back.

actually, from the sound of the Snipetron, I have always thought that it is not using traditional bullet, but something more like a slug accelerated within rails kind of system. But that actually end up in reality conflict due to the recoil. That is actually un-Grineer (which uses mainly chemical-based weapons) . I don't assume I understand all the reasons to removing it, but the lore could have been "adjusted" without changing the weapon's availability (maybe just change the description). Still, if the new Snipetron can be a better replacement (I suspect that it will be a direct upgrade to original Snipetron, so that the original owners will give them up?)

I was burned by the sudden and unannounced removal of the Snipetron.  I had used the account reset the day it was available and, because I had no warning, did not repurchase the Snipetron in time before it was removed.  A (small) part of me would like the original Snipetron in addition to the Vandal, but I honestly can't say I'll be too upset (if at all) about it if all I get is the Vandal.  I'm just gonna be happy to have a Snipetron back in my collection.

I was surprised when DE removed Snipertron and there was a strong feedback about the removal from community. It was the least used weapon from my experience and the consensus was quite clear - it was useless. Then it was removed. Then community protested that why remove the gun? Suddenly everyone loved the gun which is BS imo.

I don't care about it, not one bit. Removing one useless weapon doesn't really affect the game.

I'm agreeing with the OP, I would like the option to have it again (lost it when i reset), I love sniper rifles in any game and the Snipetron was a fun gun to use and it does appeal to the OCD in me.

I don't see why we can't have both the Vandal and Vanilla versions (apart from the pew pew lazers).

I miss the old heavy thing.

Keep the Vandaltron as this weekends reward, add the blueprint/actual weapon to the shop for a week but ONLY for those who have accounts older than the date at which Snipetron was removed - keeps it pseudo-exclusive and solves the problem of people getting screwed over by resets and no warning on its removal.

Keep the Vandaltron as this weekends reward, add the blueprint/actual weapon to the shop for a week but ONLY for those who have accounts older than the date at which Snipetron was removed - keeps it pseudo-exclusive and solves the problem of people getting screwed over by resets and no warning on its removal.

I like this idea, Seems perfectly reasonable and i think it would solve it all.

The biggest issue when it was removed without prior warning is that this could literally have happened to any weapon in the game. Saying that people had their chance to buy it prior is only valid if they literally had every single weapon in the game at that time. They could have removed the Sicarus, the Dark Dagger, or whatever other weapon that wasn't commonly used and it would have also become an exclusive. Didn't happen to have that particular weapon at the time? Should have known beforehand and bought it.

This game is suppose to be in beta.  DE do a lot of content change.  If DE decide that the snipetron isn't part of their design, it's their right to remove it.  

Just like the braton vandal, the old snipetron is a relic of the past, a trophy for those who had it.  Ppl need to move on.

I was surprised when DE removed Snipertron and there was a strong feedback about the removal from community. It was the least used weapon from my experience and the consensus was quite clear - it was useless. Then it was removed. Then community protested that why remove the gun? Suddenly everyone loved the gun which is BS imo.

I don't care about it, not one bit. Removing one useless weapon doesn't really affect the game.

That's not the point, it doesn't matter how good, or how bad it is, the problem was that they removed it without warning.

Are you guys arguing over ONE weapon?Are you guys gonna burn down DE´s studio because of ONE weapon?I hope this makes you feel stupid.

Also missing the point, it was a bad move by DE to just suddenly remove it. If they did this once, and nobody raises any fuss over it, what's to say they wouldn't do it again?

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Are you guys arguing over ONE weapon?Are you guys gonna burn down DE´s studio because of ONE weapon?I hope this makes you feel stupid.

There are no drawbacks to letting DE know how we feel about this matter at hand. If anything, as beta players, our feedback is strongly encouraged. Whether you agree or disagree is entirely up to you. There is no need to insult players.

In other words, your negative feedback is not welcome here.

Edited by WFOE

This game is suppose to be in beta.  DE do a lot of content change.  If DE decide that the snipetron isn't part of their design, it's their right to remove it. 

Except they didn't remove it; they simply made it inaccessible to those who didn't already have one.

If they had removed it and any accompanying Mastery points from the game, then there would be no real issue.

If they had announced ahead of time that it was being removed, giving those who would otherwise have had a chance to get the weapon the information and time they needed to do so, then there would be no real issue.

Instead, with zero warning, DE pulls the weapon from the shop without removing it from the game, a change which, to my knowledge, remains undocumented officially to this day. It's just a bad way of doing things.

Just like the braton vandal, the old snipetron is a relic of the past, a trophy for those who had it.  Ppl need to move on.

It is not at all like the Braton Vandal. The Braton Vandal was an exclusive, and people who were playing at the time knew it was and therefore if they didn't buy the BV at the time they knew they were never going to get it again. The Snipetron was removed without warning. It's not a trophy for those who had it. I had it, then I reset, so i don't have it any more. How is that a trophy?

While I have to admit I missed out on buying the BP when it was readily available and I'd love to own the original too I'm also not too mad about never getting one.

It would just be another 3k to mastery really. Would've probly come in handy further down the road. I'm pretty sure I would've bought the BP if there was like a warning a week prior to its removal. Just saying how it is.

Man DE gives free stuff and people still complain. If you didn't buy the snipetron when it was out, that's your fault, not DEs. You should have gotten it while it was available. Now it's not available, and they're giving you a 2nd chance at getting it, but the vandal version. De could have not done this event and you could have no snipetron at all. So thank DE for being nice.