Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Steel Fiber actually help for a Volt Melee build?

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Question

19 answers to this question

no, that amount of armor will barely make a difference vs higher level enemies.

You're better off out maneuvering enemies

You could use shocking speed however... that might be better than the armor and you definitely dont need armor agiiity since volt has speed

Edited by --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO--
more

4 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

no, that amount of armor will barely make a difference vs higher level enemies.

You're better off out maneuvering enemies

You could use shocking speed however... that might be better than the armor and you definitely dont need armor agiiity since volt has speed

I see but the sprint boost is quite helpful for my Volts Speed ability though... 

I have shocking speed. Maybe I should swap Steel Fiber with Vitality. Though I have life strike and Quick thinking so maybe Vitality doesn't matter. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I have armored agility and steel fiber which gives me 235 armor. 

But I'm curious if it actually helps 

Honestly the answer is partly "It depends how how level" and also "what is your playstyle"? 

SWAT_Omega really gives the best answer here because he provides roughly how much damage reduction you would get with the mods you are talking about. 

You might, as some suggested, find it better to focus on evasion, cc, perhaps you could consider Quick Thinking if you are using Flow and a lot of efficiency, in case you mess up and take lethal damage as volt doesn't have great defensive stats, then you can use some cc and use melee + life strike to regain your health. 

But with lots of armor plus rage can work up to a certain level, its just not going to scale terribly far in effectiveness as Volt's base armor really isn't that high. 

Edited because OP posted more while I was writing my first post. 

Vitality is good because it helps protect you from damage that can go straight through shields. 

Quick Thinking is a good choice for Volt so its good you are using that already, that plus a good melee with life strike. 

I'm curious what is your build? If you don't mind telling us. We could give more tips that way that fit with your playstyle. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm curious what is your build? If you don't mind telling us. We could give more tips that way that fit with your playstyle. 

I play mostly melee and Nikana Prime. 

Exilus: Rush

Flow, Continuity, Intensity, Armoured agility, Steel fiber, Quick thinking, rage, Shocking Speed Augment

School: Zenurik 

I use Lifestrike and take advatnage of shocking speed and Volts Speed for a very fun DPS build. Probably my favourite melee build for any frame

I have Physique as my aura because I was still learning how to forma (I do know now) 

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik

11 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I play mostly melee and Nikana Prime. 

Exilus: Rush

Flow, Continuity, Intensity, Armoured agility, Steel fiber, Quick thinking, rage, Shocking Speed Augment

School: Zenurik 

I use Lifestrike and take advatnage of shocking speed and Volts Speed for a very fun DPS build. Probably my favourite melee build for any frame

I have Physique as my aura because I was still learning how to forma (I do know now) 

That's fairly similar to a speed/rage build I like to mess around with on my own volt actually. It's a lot of fun and Nikana Prime is good. 

I would consider Vitality over Armored Agility probably, try to get your aura slot polarized to a - so you can use Energy Siphon and sometimes corrosive projection. Apart from that it's pretty solid for a rage/melee build. 

It can be tricky at higher levels as he can't take a lot of hits, but if you keep moving constantly, a build like that can actually keep you alive pretty well. 

Quick Thinking + Rage + Primed Flow will make Volt much more durable (really, any squishy frame will benefit from this mod combo).  Aside from that, keep enemies cc'd with Discharge and you'll be fine.  Capacitance is useful too.

Armor really isn't very useful for Volt because of his low base armor value.

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

That's fairly similar to a speed/rage build I like to mess around with on my own volt actually. It's a lot of fun and Nikana Prime is good. 

I would consider Vitality over Armored Agility probably, try to get your aura slot polarized to a - so you can use Energy Siphon and sometimes corrosive projection. Apart from that it's pretty solid for a rage/melee build. 

It can be tricky at higher levels as he can't take a lot of hits, but if you keep moving constantly, a build like that can actually keep you alive pretty well. 

It's pretty fun. I gave it to my friend and he says it's overpowered

Even on nightmare missions, this build is really powerful 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I don't know what Aura mod to use for him. I want to use Steel charge because I'm a melee guy and it gives more mod capacity

idk :( 

Technically, Corrosive Projection is THE aura mod if you want to deal as much damage as possible.

I don't have the numbers right now but IIRC Corrosive Projection starts to beat Steel Charge when fighting against Lv 20 something Heavy Gunners.

3 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

Technically, Corrosive Projection is THE aura mod if you want to deal as much damage as possible.

I don't have the numbers right now but IIRC Corrosive Projection starts to beat Steel Charge when fighting against Lv 20 something Heavy Gunners.

Are you suuuure? 

I put Rush in my Exilus slot. Do you think it would be worth adding a Dash polarity in Exlius slot? 

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

1. Are you suuuure? 

2. I put Rush in my Exilus slot. Do you think it would be worth adding a Dash polarity? 

1. Let's have a wager on whether CP aura beats SC aura when fighting against Lv 100 armored enemies.

I am willing to bet 9.9k platinum on it.

2. I don't think you should forma your Exilus slot unless you are very definitely certain that you won't ever use a mod with a different polarity on it.

Edited by NativeKiller