Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Planets Connections

CrazyDawg

I recently started playing warframe, but i have also noticed with the new worldmap that the planets are connected pretty wierd. I wanted to gather nano spores for my blueprint, wich i was going to do on Mars wich is for lvl 3 to 8. But to get to Mars you have to clear Venus thats for lvl 4 to 14 then earth thats for lvl 14 to 26.. so i actually have to hit lvl 25 or more so i can get to a new planet that is for lvl 3 to 8?
i dont know how it is with the other planets, but early on it seems to be out of place.

This is btw first time doing/writing anything like this. but hope its useful somehow.

Edited by Zukazi

Planet/area levels are an indicator of the enemies' levels, not a "requirement" per se.

From 8.3 changelog: "Note: Star Chart connections have changed in this Update in prep for rolling out the upcoming reworked UI."

Perhaps the enemy level is an oversight, maybe it'll be adjusted in one of the future updates.

I recently started playing warframe, but i have also noticed with the new worldmap that the planets are connected pretty wierd. I wanted to gather nano spores for my blueprint, wich i was going to do on Mars wich is for lvl 3 to 8. But to get to Mars you have to clear Venus thats for lvl 4 to 14 then earth thats for lvl 14 to 26.. so i actually have to hit lvl 25 or more so i can get to a new planet that is for lvl 3 to 8?

i dont know how it is with the other planets, but early on it seems to be out of place.

This is btw first time doing/writing anything like this. but hope its useful somehow.

The "levels" listed on planets are not recommended levels for players; they are the level range of the enemies you will find in that mission. As long as your equipment is up to snuff, and you play competently, you can go pretty much anywhere just fine. Keep in mind that higher level enemies will be a lot tougher to kill unless you get some good damage mods on your weapons.

keep in mind, those level ranges are what the enemies will be, it has no impedence on you if you want to tackle those planets.

the level ranges doesn't mean you should or need to be level X or higher on your warframe. the opposite really, since later planets will go above 30, and well, items only get to level 30 ;)

all in all that just means the enemies will be more difficult, but still could be totally doable. i do defense on pluto with freshly Forma'd frames, so you can probably tackle those planets, you might be surprised. 

as for how the progression actually works, the planets may be in a bit of an odd order, but it's balanced around the items you can get from those planets, most likely. 

edit: oh great, we've all said the same thing at the same time. :p

Edited by taiiat

The OP has a point though.

If you are a Newbie who just started the game....

Mercury will be a breeze. Get Braton as soon as you can, get your Cronus from Vor.

Once you finish Mercury, you might want to start thinking about gearing up: Weapons, Warframes, Mods.

However.... the mods you get out of Mercury that are actually useful are very few and far-between.

Once you finish Mercury, you're going to be sent off to Venus (which is the only place you can go right now).

You were fighting Level 1-5 enemies. You will now be fighting 5-14. The first couple missions might not be too bad, but the challenge will jump sharply, probably faster than the mods you are gathering will allow you to go.

Remember: Your Level/Rank means NOTHING if you don't have mods to stick on those slots. "Well, get some better weapons!"

One of the first things a Lowbie should aim for, is an Armor-Ignore Weapon. With low mods, you need all the damage you can get, and Armor Ignore Weapon is the easiest way to get more damage vs Corpus and especially Grineer. What Armor-Ignore weapons are available?

Kunai

Despair

Bolto

Boltor

Paris

Dread

Of these, the Kunai, Paris, and Boltor are probably the most reasonable to obtain.

Assuming you're not going to buy Platinum, you have to MAKE these weapons.

Actually, looking at this chart, the OP is right. I was about to break down the weapons and what paths you'd have to take to get them, but...

Doesn't matter WHAT weapon you want to make in the game except for the Cronus, you MUST go through Earth.

This means you're in either Loki, Excalibur, or Mag using a Braton, Lex, Lato, Cronus trying to go through Level 15-26 mobs with very few mods as a newbie.

........there's no freaking way you're going to do it, and the last time I took a look at the map, finding anybody doing a non-Defense or non-Assassination mission was..... very rare. Well, okay, there's E Prime during this event, but meh.

Making all newbies go through Earth is a stupid idea.

Very stupid.

You can't solo Earth with near-modless stuff, especially not if you're a newbie who's still learning the ropes and getting used to the game.

all in all that just means the enemies will be more difficult, but still could be totally doable. i do defense on pluto with freshly Forma'd frames, so you can probably tackle those planets, you might be surprised.

You're a seasoned Tenno, who is well-versed in Warframe with powerful weapons at your disposal.

A newbie is still learning the ropes, has almost no mods, and only weapons you can buy from the Marketplace with Credits.

Do the math.

I just don't think that grinding Mercury for hours to do Venus, to grind that for hours so you can finally get past that huge roadblock that is Earth is the right idea here.

The OLD idea allowed you to unlock Venus and (I think?) Saturn right from Mercury and Venus/Saturn allowed you to see Uranus and Mars. Between the four planets, you could get resources (though their droprates suck on some items) to make weapons and Warframes (except for the Control Module, which you have to get from Neptune, always thought that was stupid).

It allowed you to actually build weapons as a newbie, using those four planets. It took a little farming, yes... but you at least had a fighting chance and weren't forced into Lv15-26 mobs.

Edited by Xylia

Is this very recent? I havent played for 2 weeks, and

I am lv 26 loki. I have been grinding merc and venus and recently gotten half maps

In saturn. However, i did get access to several planets first map, and thereby resource.

Is this now altered?

I have two reasons for grinding merqury, first to get bettet weapons.

And to get more xp, these go hand in hand.

Second, because finding people to play with when new,

Meant they were there.

So i know what you mean.

Is this very recent? I havent played for 2 weeks, and

I am lv 26 loki. I have been grinding merc and venus and recently gotten half maps

In saturn. However, i did get access to several planets first map, and thereby resource.

Is this now altered?

I have two reasons for grinding merqury, first to get bettet weapons.

And to get more xp, these go hand in hand.

Second, because finding people to play with when new,

Meant they were there.

So i know what you mean.

Check the planets right now:

Mercury leads to Venus.

Venus leads to Earth.

Earth leads to 3 planets itself.

So to get anywhere you have to go Mercury -> Venus -> Earth before you can even think about making ANYTHING other than a Cronus.

I remember when I first started playing: I did a lot of solo, and after cleaning out Mercury I was rather glad to have access to Saturn, full of familiar-but-somewhat-more-challenging Grineer as an alternative to Venus, which was a big step up in difficulty due to the jump in enemy level and the Corpus' hordes of stompy MOA death. I can't imagine I'd have been as thrilled to run circles on Mercury's featherweight levels until I'd ground out enough XP to take on Venus. That's not even to mention that Uranus, Jupiter and Saturn are now only accessible via Earth, which is significantly higher-level than any of them.

I might speculate they plan to adjust the difficulty levels on the planets so that the progression is logical again, but that begs the questions: A) Why change the arrangement now and the difficulty later, creating such weirdness and potential harm to the experience in the interim, rather than holding one back until the other is ready to go and B) why change the arrangement in the first place? It strikes me as rather a lot of effort to fix something that wasn't broken.

But why? Is this some way of making the game harder?

I know de wants to limit farming and are probably listening to complaints about end-game, but this makes little sence to me.

I see it as an "incentive" to buy things for platinum and real money.

Edited by adamkie