Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo 3.0 Discussion: Tons of Ideas

BuzzBomb8

In the Devstream 84 overview, there is a quick note about dojo improvements:  "Damage 3.0 and Dojos are serious conversations that will be happening next year."

In Devstream 85, DE has stated they are working on decorations for both our ships & dojos, but have not shown or talked about anything specific.

We are finally seeing DE trying to help us fix, change, & improve what we seem to only use for trading & mastery gain (research). But now we should be trying to help them by spit balling ideas to present to them in order to help not only the dojos become what they should be, but to also cut back on the inevitable complaint threads that will show up right after the update. What are some of your ideas? Drop links to old posts you may have made, throw something fresh in, or even help shape other ideas.

Bugs To Be Fixed

New Design Mode: This is for dojos & ships.

• Placing a decoration should be it's own adjustable 360 view similar to captura's free camera. Placing it based on where & how we place our warframes SUCKS so hard.
  • Placing decorations should have grid snap orientation option, not just grid snapping for placement. I would like it if things faced evenly. Maybe have it rotate 5 degrees at a time or have a degree slider with visible number values so it faces where we want it to evenly.
  • Let us rotate, resize, & make small movements to decorations WITHOUT moving them. It is a huge pain when you place a decoration & need to make a small adjustment only to have it turn into a huge adjustment because our only option is to move it which makes it fly 5 feet from where you had it as soon as you click on it.

General

• A grid design mode where you can place & move rooms, as well as save build plans in order to plan a head for dojo building. This will show what rooms can & can't go in areas before we mess up & waste our resources & time.
  • Allow us to move rooms & save all the decorations in that room as they were when it moves. All dojos will go through some kind of renovation & this would make it easier on everyone.
  • Remove or update build capacity in the rooms. They are not bad right now, but they can limit creativity. The biggest issue is that the nice, big observatory room only has a 15 build capacity. This is the same as the smallest room you can make which is a tiny hallway that fits into the observatory 20 times over. Give the observatory at least half what you give the largest clan halls of 400+ capacity or just remove the capacity all together. My observatory only has 4 statues, 3 banners, no more usable build capacity, & a TON of leftover room I can fill.
  • Control over the weather/lighting/ambiance in dojo rooms. Similar to the variations brought in by the "newer" large garden rooms. It is not consistent. Decorations have shadows, but things built into the room don't. Only the clan hall rooms have adequate lighting/shadows.
  • More chances to see the skybox(es) would be nice. All we get is the observatory, the ceilings of some garden rooms, & the best one we never get to see is outside of the Orokin Lab, shown bellow.
  • tMPAER0.jpg
  • Changeable skyboxes. I would love to look out of my observatory to see the void outside.
  • Dojo skins. Everything in the default dojo looks flat & dull even with colors. Some could be themed to look like the different syndicate rooms. Different versions of rooms such as choosing whether to build the grandest hall with sand or water along the side of the main path through the middle with waterfalls down the pillars, Orokin style rooms with gold trim & fancy designs, maybe there are Infested spores all over similar to the ones on our ships or on any infested tile-set, let us build the old derelict looking rooms from the original dojos.
  • Arsenal as a usable decoration or option in the menu to change while in the dojo.
  • Treasury donations should be for all resources, credits, & platinum. Dump a little at a time in for when big updates drop.
  • Research queuing. If we get the option to add resources to the treasury, labs should have options to auto research as new things are added to the game as long as we meet the requirements for the new item(s). The game updates & something new is able to be researched but no one is online, the dojo starts it up itself.
  • Remove/change the Tech role in clans. Anyone should be able to queue research. The only downside to anyone having control is changing the color research on a whim. But I know how to fix that.
  • Allow all colors to be researched at the same time. Waiting 36 hours between colors is annoying & pointless. My clan could have all of the colors finished by now just like all the lab research if we could do more than 1 at a time. We can queue as much research as possible as long as we meet the requirements in the other labs, so why not for colors too?
  • Once the clan has enough pigments for a color & the 36 hour color research timer starts, make it so clan members can no longer get that color drop. I have gathered hundreds of unused pigments during the research times & while I know they will be automatically deleted once the timer finishes, it can trick some clan members into needing to bring them into the dojo when they don't need to. Which just wastes that clan member's time. Also, it is just annoying to see a bunch of white pyramids all over the map that you know you don't need.
  • The option to recolor the entire dojo at once rather than room by room.
  • Let us recolor the floor. Grey floors are boring.
  • More colors to hunt down for our dojos. The color options now are far too limiting. We should get at least black & white.
  • Make color drops make sense. Why does Tree Green drop from Arid Lancers? Why not from something from the Frontier Grineer on Earth? Charger Blue from Toxic Ancients & not CHARGERS? Half of the color drops don't make sense for what they drop from.
  • Change Morning Yellow or Sand Yellow so they actually look different from each other.
  • Let us be our operators in the dojo.
  • Rewards other than just Endo for clan advancement. These could be decorations, cosmetics, items that give mastery, dojo skins.
  • If we have a pet in stasis, they can be placed in the dojo to roam around. Limited to only X amount to roam per room or have the total amount based on clan size/rank & have them roam freely. Only X rank or higher in the clan can have their stasis pets added. Sentinels flying around too.
  • Specters of our frames as NPCs that we can put in the dojo to walk around & fill space. Options to have them stay in one spot doing emote(s). Option to have a message chat bubble or set X amount to cycle through that appears over them similar to the messages at the panels in each room.
  • Set X amount of cycling message for the panels in rooms as well.
  • Collapsible drop down menus for clan research on the clan statistics page. Closed by default. There are 155 items: 61 in the Tenno Lab, 18 in the Chem Lab, 19 in the Bio Lab, 23 in the Energy Lab, 9 in the Orokin Lab, & 25 colors. Having drop down menus for each of these would make finding what we are looking for faster, cleaner, & easier.
  • Add rooms between rooms if they will fit. Say for example you have a hallway that goes on for a while, but you want to extend it or add multiple routes with a 4 way hallway. You could use the panel in the room to pick a doorway where you want to add the extension & if the new room that is being added has more than 1 door, you can choose where the other rooms further down the hallway can be placed. This would effect everything that moves including elevators & the rooms the elevators lead to. This would eliminate the LONG & drawn out process of removing the "child" rooms before you can finally get to the room you needed to work on & rebuilding all the other rooms that you had to remove.
  • If those child rooms circle around & connect with another room, we should be able to remove the parent without removing the children. I want to remove/change the bottom left room. I would have to remove the other 2 on the left first despite them connecting around perfectly.
  • h0urBEZ.png
  • More spawn room options. We can currently only choose between the 5 clan hall rooms. Add in the other bigger rooms such as the observatory, the Temple of Honor, & the larger gardens.
  • Credits used to buy/replicate research blueprints should be donated into the treasury. When I buy something at the store & give them money, it doesn't just vanish so neither of us can use it.
  • Buy/replicate multiple blueprints at once like in the market/syndicate rewards.

Clan Functionality

• A better log of what was done in the clan dojo in the last X amount of time (a week maybe). Log should have a download option as well for Warlords to store it outside of the game in case it is needed. Things such as who & when was someone building/removing/moving decorations & rooms, who donated what & how much to the treasury (currently only credits can be), who joined/left/got kicked & when, banned list alterations (explained bellow), & who donated what & how much of platinum for rushed rooms & decorations as well as credits, pigments, & resources for research.
  • Ban list viewable by anyone with the ability in their clan to ban, with text boxes to include why the person was banned. (Would be nice to have this for ignore as well.)
  • If someone is on the banned list, they can never enter the clan again until their name is off the list. Option to maybe even make it so they can never even enter the dojo even if invited.
  • Ability to set restrictions to who can copy research blueprints from labs. We all know there are people out there that just want to enter a clan, grab everything & run. This could make it so you need to be a certain rank to get research & people will know who actually wants to be in the clan VS who just wants quick mastery.

New Rooms

• Bigger dueling room where you can fight multiple people in free for all or teams without dealing with conclave.
  • Sentient research lab.
  • Snow garden(s). Optional snowfall.
  • Small personal bedroom type rooms for the ones in charge or of importance to your clan. If you have enough room, make a room for everyone.
  • Make some use of the spaces near the top of the larger clan halls by turning them into smaller loft rooms that overlook the halls. Turn the white light walls into windows & make the rectangle circled in red into an elevator up to it. Could be used as the bedroom idea.
  • 54yp6De.png
  • 0 gravity room to fly around in archwing mode.
  • Aquarium. Optional swimming using our archwings.
  • Dance club for Octavia. Floor changes color.
  • Dock for our landing crafts. Can be used as a spawn room.
  • Navigation room to access the star chart for missions.
  • Simulacrum room or access from dojo.
  • Cephalon room. This could follow the lore of how some Cephalons are used to power things such as ships. This could be a remodel for the reactors or a separate room linked to the reactors.
  • Make the concept art real. The art has those rooms looking like wide hallways. Those would be better than our current super boring hallways.

Changes To Old Rooms

• Let us place decoration IN the water in the gardens rather than on it.
  • New obstacle course for the new parkour system. We can skip most of it right now.
  • Obstacle course races where multiple people go on the same course at the same time rather than one at a time or one per room if you make more than one obstacle course.
  • Notable design differences in the barracks. It feels cold & boring. Maybe storm motifs in the storm barrack, mountains in the mountain barracks, moons in the moon barracks.
  • Optional rain for the water gardens.
  • Optional sand blowing around in the sand gardens.
  • Optional falling leaves in the red leaf gardens.
  • Options in the Orokin Lab to change the kubrow floating in stasis to other wildlife or other pets.
  • Fill the 3 pits in the Oracle room or let us go down in them without being automatically sent back up.
  • On 4/1/2017 at 8:44 PM, (Xbox One)Br0kenTech said:

Allow destruction of lower level clan halls. I do not see the purpose of having clan hall levels 2, 3 and 4 if level 5 is built. Keep them if the player wants them but also allow destruction of the lower level ones.

I wanted to remove the lower halls as well, but designed a work around that I like or at least can tolerate. I understand why you need to build 1 then the next, but there should be an option to upgrade the hall rather than build the next one without removing the older smaller one(s). When the upgrade happens it would just go to my idea above about moving any connected rooms. As the room gets bigger the adjacent rooms get pushed out, but are still connected. If there are other rooms that are too close, but not connected, you will not be able to upgrade until you make enough room for the hall to expand.
  • Let us change the huge statue in the Temple of Honor. When building the room it will have Excalibur in the center on the thumbnail, but once built it only has Loki. Let us get all frames, multiple skins/statues like deluxe, prime, & maybe even TennoGen. Different poses. Poses can be fixed where we just select one & the statue is in that pose or we can choose an option to have the statue play through an idle animation where we can move time similar to in captura to select the perfect pose. Even change the color because, again, cool gold statues. Changeable base too. There are already 2 alternate options made: the rock spikes under the Rhino statue in the relays & the overgrown base under the Oberon statue in Maroo's Bazaar. And the underlight from the Rhino statue for this one would be nice too.
  • Ascension alter built into center console of the observatory room.
  • Add Nezha & Wukong in the center display of the Tenno Lab.

New Decorations

• Add the huge Ayatan sculpture from The War Within as a large decoration or maybe a room for itself. Maybe add others of similar size, but different designs.
  • More statues! All we have are 4 Grineer & the event ones IF we won them. (Please keep event rewards like the Pacifism Defect where the clans earn rewards & statues rather than fight for them for the top 3 only.) Bring in some Corpus, Infested, Orokin, Stalkers, warframes, & Sentient. Different colors & poses.
  • Boss trophies to show who we have killed. Maybe also show how many times we have killed them.
  • Holographic banners. Just like the current ones with your clan's icon, but digital & transparent.
  • More chairs. We only have one bench & it is just a plank on some rocks.
  • Make benches & chairs usable on their own without needing to emote to sit/meditate.
  • More trees. Snow covered, evergreens, low hanging willows, twisted creepy dead Halloween trees, any green trees since all we have are red ones.
  • More interactive decorations similar to the bells & drums. Maybe harps.
  • While the calm ancient eastern style decorations are nice, add some futuristic ones. Just anything that is different than all the plant decorations we have that look like they are only meant for the gardens.
  • Kuria(s) to hide around the dojo.
  • Holograms similar to those in the Oracle room & the research labs.
  • Lights that actually emit light. Orokin, relay ring lamp, relay orb light, fire braziers tall & short.
  • Signs with editable pictures & wording. Picture selection can be a limited library similar to glyph selection. These would be nice for labeling each lab so new clan members can find the room they are looking for faster.
  • Let us buy the steampunk GLaDOS in the Steel Meridian room & put that in our dojo.
  • Buy the Earth display from the New Loka room as well.
  • Let us use the assets that went into making rooms as decorations. The bamboo with & without the glass, the arch with lamps (option to build it with or without lams), floating lanterns, lamp post, the lamps on their own to place where we please, & the meditation pads that are used in the relays & in the observatory.
  • The bells have old red wood & new Tenno styles (shown bellow). Why not bring in some Tenno styled decorations based on the other red wood decorations such as the bridge & garden arch & vice versa?
  • h32yr1c.pnglHqstPS.png

Changes To Old Decorations

• Give banners cloth physics. Remove all the starch that they were soaked in.
  • The option to rename teleporters.
  • Color options or variations for decorations, not just the dojo itself. Would be kind of cool to have a shiny gold Buddha statue rather than the old bronze looking one we have now.
  • Bring all the decorations from the ships into the dojo. We can fill wall space with posters, add noggles all over to guard places or looking up to the balcony in the grandest hall, maybe a corner to store all those Argon pegmatites, Orokin cells, & Ayatan sculptures.
  • Banner options for clan or alliance icons.
  • Finish any decoration series. We have floor medallion 3, 8, & 9. Where are 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, & 7? Floor panel B, but we have no floor panel A. Shrine totem A & no other shrine totems making the "A" currently useless.
  • Have different options for the same decoration. The zen gardens could have an option to not have the plants or Buddha statue on them.
  • If we get the option to add resources & platinum to the treasury, let us be able to take from it the second we place a decoration with an option to auto spend platinum to rush it. No more placing it then going in & adding everything 1 by 1.
  • Turn these ceiling nubs into display lights.

Obstacles: Possible customization for the obstacle course is already being talked about, but if anyone has ideas for obstacles leave them here.

• Death orbs from Orokin towers that have lasers & stun AOEs just like in the missions.
  • That one Indiana Jones boulder that always hits me on the Lua tile-set.
  • Going back to the idea of a multi-person race: Teleporter trap that switches either two people just like Loki's switch teleport or it switches the places three or more, maybe everyone.
  • Drag race mode. A straight line with or without obstacles. First one to the end wins. Mods & warframe powers need to be usable.

Things Digital Extremes Have Added

• On 5/24/2017 at 3:42 PM, [DE]Megan said:
    • CLAN CONTRIBUTION TRACKING
      Clan Contributions are now tracked and viewable! Credit, Platinum, and Resource contributions can be viewed per individual by any Clan member.

2EYbnh0.png

Posts Others Have Made

Edited by BuzzBomb8
Added more ideas. Check back every now & then for more.

I would like a firing range/training room so higher MR clanmates can donate their unused weapons, letting newer clanmates see how well weapons can perform (possibly with plenty of forma installed), or even borrow weapons on missions for a set amount of time to see if they like it

6 minutes ago, Cryozar said:

I would like a firing range/training room so higher MR clanmates can donate their unused weapons, letting newer clanmates see how well weapons can perform (possibly with plenty of forma installed), or even borrow weapons on missions for a set amount of time to see if they like it

While I like the idea, I don't see much need for this since low level players can get into the simulacrum fairly early. If anything, DE should just make it so you can do this in the simulacrum.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey i dont need to suggest anything. Docking bay,starchart,and a gunrange (i guess i will suffice with simulcarium) are all here. I sitll wanted a gunrange were you can change your mods and shoot down a hall at different armors and shields. even if its not as affective as simulcarium it would give you a feel of hte gun and a more livly feel in the dojo
hall of heroes needs to be more statues. (and man cant wait for DE to put in a floor planner...so i can rearange my dojo again without taking 4months to deconstruct and rebuild)

but real talk 15 in the observatory? i can only put like 4 trees and 1 lamp.

also the BIGGEST thing (specially now that its on a relay system so starchart of course) is give me region chat in the dojo. I want to use my observatory as the AFK room but i gotta be in my orbiter to be AFK in region chat.

Edited by Ordosan

DE, basically what we feel is:
"While I do not feel that my dojo is the Death Star, I will not be satisfied"

Suggestions:
Some players have difficulty with clan interfaces, both to donate features to a decoration, and to manage what is being done / built in general. Even though this interface exists, many players do not know how to get to it, I believe that a "central command room" would be interesting to create a alternative physical interface.... as well as on the ship where we can walk to the Arsenal, or access through the menu.

Plus: we could put the cephalon in this room like "Glados Steel Meridian
" suggestion

also:
"Let us be our operators in the dojo" is a bad idea cuz spoiler

Edited by --Blame--

On 4/15/2017 at 5:39 PM, --Blame-- said:

Suggestions:
Some players have difficulty with clan interfaces, both to donate features to a decoration, and to manage what is being done / built in general. Even though this interface exists, many players do not know how to get to it, I believe that a "central command room" would be interesting to create a alternative physical interface.... as well as on the ship where we can walk to the Arsenal, or access through the menu.

Plus: we could put the cephalon in this room like "Glados Steel Meridian
" suggestion

also:
"Let us be our operators in the dojo" is a bad idea cuz spoiler

A central command room is basically what ever room you spawn in normally. Normally clans put everything important there such as the trade post, treasury, & labs.

I did like you mentioning a Cephalon. I added onto it & put it into my main post.

Everyone knows about the operators. It is hardly a spoiler at all. To not be spoiled by this you would have to not go on the forums, not look in any chat other than trade & recruiting, not have played when the loading screen when starting the game had the operator right in the center of it, & not play with anyone above 5 mastery.

4 hours ago, BuzzBomb8 said:

A central command room is basically what ever room you spawn in normally. Normally clans put everything important there such as the trade post, treasury, & labs.

I did like you mentioning a Cephalon. I added onto it & put it into my main post.

Everyone knows about the operators. It is hardly a spoiler at all. To not be spoiled by this you would have to not go on the forums, not look in any chat other than trade & recruiting, not have played when the loading screen when starting the game had the operator right in the center of it, & not play with anyone above 5 mastery.

I know that one time you've just been receiving spoiler if you're type who search things on internet, but the do not use operator makes it even easier to do something that should be avoided, you know?

It's not because something is wrong, that we're going to throw more S#&$ in the ventpine... 
But I confess, I would like to use the operator too

Also, about the "central command" i dont see a respawn room like this.
I see the trade / respawn room as a waiting room where you leave the visitors seated watching magazines (in this case, the decorations of the dojo lmao)

I see the central command more like a reserved room, like the high room of the orokin laboratory, or even the oracle hall (which has no real practical purpose, just bureaucratic)