Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo

(PSN)wdmoody18

Limbo's kind of tricky to play and a lot of players don't understand his powers.  If you haven't checked out the wiki page on Limbo, I would start with that to get a general idea of what his powers do.  He works best as support and certain mission types in which you need to isolate targets (rescue and sortie defense for example).  He's my go to frame for certain spy missions because he can bypass lasers with his Rift Walk.  He's all about going in and out of the rift and isolating targets either to protect or to kill.  Some people like to use his Cataclysm to protect objects while others tank duration and up power strength to make Cataclysm a nuke.  You can press 4 again to cancel/detonate Cataclysm instead of waiting for the time to run out.  Unlike Frost's Snow Globe, you can cast Catacylsm far from Limbo himself, which might be useful as a crowd control.  

He synergizes well with certain damage dealing frames because your allies can use their powers to kill enemies in the normal dimension even while in the rift.  This is good because your ally stay protected from enemy fire and have faster energy regeneration.  Of course you and your ally can't pick up stuff or interact with objects while in the rift, but non-Limbos can get out by doing a forward roll (something that too many people don't know).  Like I said before, a lot of players don't understand his powers so communicate is key when using him in a team setting especially if you're going to put your teammate in rift.  Most of the time I don't bother putting players into the rift because I don't want to deal with the whining, but I would rift someone if they ask me to.   I tend to use him solo, sorties, and/or missions with people I know.

Apparently he's getting a rework soon so, if you don't like how he plays now, you can always wait until the rework and try again.

27 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

Limbo's kind of tricky to play and a lot of players don't understand his powers.  If you haven't checked out the wiki page on Limbo, I would start with that to get a general idea of what his powers do.  He works best as support and certain mission types in which you need to isolate targets (rescue and sortie defense for example).  He's my go to frame for certain spy missions because he can bypass lasers with his Rift Walk.  He's all about going in and out of the rift and isolating targets either to protect or to kill.  Some people like to use his Cataclysm to protect objects while others tank duration and up power strength to make Cataclysm a nuke.  You can press 4 again to cancel/detonate Cataclysm instead of waiting for the time to run out.  Unlike Frost's Snow Globe, you can cast Catacylsm far from Limbo himself, which might be useful as a crowd control.  

He synergizes well with certain damage dealing frames because your allies can use their powers to kill enemies in the normal dimension even while in the rift.  This is good because your ally stay protected from enemy fire and have faster energy regeneration.  Of course you and your ally can't pick up stuff or interact with objects while in the rift, but non-Limbos can get out by doing a forward roll (something that too many people don't know).  Like I said before, a lot of players don't understand his powers so communicate is key when using him in a team setting especially if you're going to put your teammate in rift.  Most of the time I don't bother putting players into the rift because I don't want to deal with the whining, but I would rift someone if they ask me to.   I tend to use him solo, sorties, and/or missions with people I know.

Apparently he's getting a rework soon so, if you don't like how he plays now, you can always wait until the rework and try again.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbup:

Just now, (Xbox One)IStudioGhibliI said:

i always liked using him.. i like support 

i'm still leveling him up i think i'm more so on the offensive side of warframe i tried playing with trinity prime it just wasnt working for me she didnt have enough power for me lol i might use her on certain alerts but she isnt one that i'd have in my top 5

1 minute ago, (PS4)wdmoody18 said:

i'm still leveling him up i think i'm more so on the offensive side of warframe i tried playing with trinity prime it just wasnt working for me she didnt have enough power for me lol i might use her on certain alerts but she isnt one that i'd have in my top 5

i havent used her but i think shes for support not power.. but idk  .. like i said im more a support person  ;o

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)IStudioGhibliI said:

i havent used her but i think shes for support not power.. but idk  .. like i said im more a support person  ;o

yea shes def for support lol i like the balance oberon has i played with him for a while but he does get tricky if you're on earth and the kubrow come out