Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying to understand Drifting Contact, Weeping Wounds and Relentless Combination on slash melee

k05h

Question

I have problems understanding how Drifting Contact, Weeping Wounds and Relentless Combination work once in mission. There is no visual indication other than the combo counter. And with the combo counter I see only 1x/1.5x/2x/... 

Here is the setup I have been playing around with: Kronen with 401.8 slash normal and 1261 slash slide attack. I have two dual stat mods to bring status to 52% intially.

boCA6qR.jpg

Weeping wounds gives 45% additional status. Is it 45% from the 52%? And how does the counter play into it? Does a 2x counter mean I get 90% on top?

Drifting contact gives +10seconds combo counter. I get that part about the combo counter but how do the +40% status fit in with the status of weeping wounds?

Relentless combination just increases the counter for enemies the have a slash proc. Can enemies have more than one slash proc? The wiki says "for every slash bleed proc inflicted per enemy".

Edited by k05h

5 answers to this question

Here's how I understand it:

The Status from Drifting Contact is kindof 'static'.. it just flatly boosts your status chance, which is why it shows up in your loadout. Weeping Wounds status is more 'dynamic', i think.. which is why it doesn't show up. As your combo multiplier goes up and up, so will the amount of status chance boost you're getting from Weeping Wounds. You're right, there's no visual indicator which is unfortunate.

Relentless combo gives you an extra combo counter every time ANY enemy is DAMAGED by a slash proc. The same enemy can trigger this multiple times since slash procs hit over and over, and yes slash procs DO stack on the same enemy. So that can build up super fast.

So as for how Drifting interacts with Weeping Wounds, Drifting flatly boosts your status before you even go into the mission, and once your in the mission hitting things, weeping will build ontop of that based on your combo multiplier.

edit: This is how I understand it, i could be totally wrong here.

Edited by Meneliki

29 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

Here's how I understand it:

The Status from Drifting Contact is kindof 'static'.. it just flatly boosts your status chance, which is why it shows up in your loadout. Weeping Wounds status is more 'dynamic', i think.. which is why it doesn't show up. As your combo multiplier goes up and up, so will the amount of status chance boost you're getting from Weeping Wounds. You're right, there's no visual indicator which is unfortunate.

Relentless combo gives you an extra combo counter every time ANY enemy is DAMAGED by a slash proc. The same enemy can trigger this multiple times since slash procs hit over and over, and yes slash procs DO stack on the same enemy. So that can build up super fast.

So as for how Drifting interacts with Weeping Wounds, Drifting flatly boosts your status before you even go into the mission, and once your in the mission hitting things, weeping will build ontop of that based on your combo multiplier.

edit: This is how I understand it, i could be totally wrong here.

Quoting to affirm this as the correct answer. 

However, what was not clarified in this post is that Weeping Wounds works from your base status chance as far as I've been able to tell from my tests. 

It should also be noted that: 

11 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

Technically since 1 hit already gives 1x combo, you'll get the initial Weeping Wounds upon first strike at your 1x multiplier, which includes when you haven't hit anything yet. 

TL;DR 

Weeping wounds gives you +45% from base, not 52%. The combo counter is multiplicative of your % chance (e.g 2x combo counter is 90%, 3x is 135%, so forth). Slash procs stack. Try it with Ash. Hit an enemy with a bunch of Shurikens and watch as you can no longer see their character model because they bleed too much.