The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New weapon suggestion

Scythe_1998

Hello. I have a suggestion of a new weapon concept. The original name of this gun is BFG-9000 and it's from DOOM game. Here's some information about it: 

The BFG 9000 is a weapon in Doom. It is a massively powerful energy weapon which utilizes plasma.

The BFG 9000 fires a green burst of plasma, damaging enemies near the projectile during flight and vaporizing targets upon impact, as well as causing significant splash damage to enemies standing in the vicinity of the projectile's explosion.

Картинки по запросу doom 2016 bfg

e955a081c2055090619b0eccc872a951.jpgКартинки по запросу

Just now, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

That doesn't mean it's ok to copy weapons from other games. At least we should keep it to a minimum.

Wasn't saying it was OK to copy weapons directly from other games. I am well aware of the legal/non-legal repercussions of doing so. I just wanted to state that DE may have been "inspired" to make the opticor because of the BFG.

1 minute ago, DawnThade said:

wasn't that what the opticor was aiming for.

Dunno, that's more of a rail gun (with a little bit of an AoE on a miss)
than the epic room clearer that the BFG is known as.

I mean, don't get me wrong, taking inspiration from cool weapons / other games in general
isn't something I'm categorically against or something, but ... come on, modify it at least a little bit :P

15 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

... yeah, let's just blatantly copy one of the most popular guns in gaming history.

:facepalm:

If you played a lot of games before you played Warframe you can most likely name ALOT of "copied" guns from other games. Your argument makes here no sense at all. I'm a big DOOM series fan and I also would like to see a gun that will be similar to BFG shooting mechanics, cuz the style of this weapon is unique and I'm sure will fit this game.

8 hours ago, C4Diem said:

you can most likely name ALOT of "copied" guns from other games

Well yeah, sure, see my other post - I'm only against the 100% copy part.

8 hours ago, C4Diem said:

I'm sure will fit this game

Dunno 'bout that, I'm admittedly not a huge Doom nut but the BFG was balanced in those games by heavily limited ammo, I'd assume.

In a game where ammo drops all over the place, to say nothing of Ammo Mutation / Restores,
how would you balance this weapon while keeping the level of pwnage true to the original?

Having a BFG ... let's say homage without it being the absolute best weapon in the game would be an insult.

8 hours ago, Scythe_1488 said:

I was not asking of straightly adding a BFG. They can just edit that gun a bit.

You made the topic, you present some ideas :P

Again, that's the only thing I had a problem with, all you did was say, "I want the BFG in Warframe." That's a bit lazy, no?

8 hours ago, Scythe_1488 said:

And copyright did not stop them from adding a Flak Cannon Drakgoon.

DE kinda sorta was a little bit involved with making the Unreal series, so if anyone has a right to borrow from there, it's them :P

(Also I think the Zarr would've been a better choice as a comparison. Or e.g. Bio Rifle <-> Stug, for a really blatant one lol.)

Introducing:

THE TESLUM:
A corpus heavy grenade launcher.

Pulling the trigger launches a tesla grenade that electrocutes nearby enemies as it travels, dealing electric damage. Upon hitting a surface or enemy, it explodes, dealing blast damage.

Think of it as the corpus equivalent to the Zarr.

On ‎08‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 11:06 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Well yeah, sure, see my other post - I'm only against the 100% copy part.

Yeah, sorry, I missed your other post here

On ‎08‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 11:06 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Having a BFG ... let's say homage without it being the absolute best weapon in the game would be an insult.

BFG has very slow small projectile speed and slow fire rate, It deals a lot of damage only when hits something. I guess the fact that you will most likely hurt urself when use it on close range is what makes it balanced gun :D

In conclusion: BFG-analog in such fast paced game as Warframe will require some skill to use it properly and will quickly become one of the most used guns on certain mission types. I love when the game rewards your skill and effort to learn how the gun actually works. IMO every gun (exception for MK1 weapons) should be working on any levels if used and moded properly. If not, then why there are that much weapons?