Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Bot matches, or Standing from Index/Rathuum

Xarteros

Short of some pre-made teams with a few friends goofing off, the initial excitement wave after the Lunaro release, and the recently passed Christmas event in Conclave, I don't recall ever actually managing to find a Conclave match with random players.

There's no way that I know of to get any amount of Conclave standing without actually getting another player, and for a lot of people that's just not feasible (especially people like me, in Australia with 300-500 ping in Conclave).

Why not make certain Conclave missions doable as bot-matches? The Cephalon Capture mode would be incredibly similar to The Index in terms of the AI, and Team/FFA Annihilation would be super-easy to implement. Hell, even if it provided considerably less standing than real PvP matches, it'd just be nice for players to get access to the game without being so dependent on ping or timezones. 

Or, as an alternate/additional plan, why not provide Conclave standing in the Index, or Rathuum? Even if it was small amounts, and maybe even only if you have one other player on your team (but why rule out the solo players?)

PvP is used by a tiny portion of Warframe's community because too many people like running solo, or like the teamwork/squad focus of PvE and dislike PvP in general. Why waste all the work DE puts into PvP on a handful of players, when they could expand it to be more enticing to everyone, with only a few additions? There are so many skins and armour pieces that you can earn from Conclave standing, I'm sure lots more people will actually use the system if it's not so dependent on finding groups. More players also means more relevant feedback, and more interest means more room for development. Right now, Conclave is just an unnecessary drain on resources to add features that barely anyone uses.

I don't really see a downside to this either.

20 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

Why not make certain Conclave missions doable as bot-matches?

Wait to see what they do with dark sectors.

Would be too easy to earn conclave standing and no points to play vs real players if there was a way to pve :/

The ia isn't good enough to make that kind of change.

4 minutes ago, clemza said:

Would be too easy to earn conclave standing and no points to play vs real players if there was a way to pve :/

Ironicly dark sector rails used to have bots in the old days.

On 1/8/2017 at 5:29 AM, clemza said:

That's kinda the point. There's pve S#&$ and cosmetics gated behind pvp, which a large portion of the playerbase has no interest in. If we wanted to pvp, we'd player overwatch, counterfield of duty, or league of legends.