The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How good is boltor prime now

(PSN)ARIES-WY

Bolter Prime is still one of the better weapons in Warframe currently. the high base damage and fire rate make it effective against all factions with the right elemental combos and Primed Bane of's or Shred against multi-factions.

I'm guessing on your build with your new Riven you would replace your Primed Bane of/Shred and replace it with your Riven.

Continue to use Serration Split Chamber Heavy Caliber Primed Cryo Rounds Hell Fire Stormbringer Infected Clip and in the last slot would be your Riven.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)freakytiki3 said:

Bolter Prime is still one of the better weapons in Warframe currently. the high base damage and fire rate make it effective against all factions with the right elemental combos and Primed Bane of's or Shred against multi-factions.

I'm guessing on your build with your new Riven you would replace your Primed Bane of/Shred and replace it with your Riven.

Continue to use Serration Split Chamber Heavy Caliber Primed Cryo Rounds Hell Fire Stormbringer Infected Clip and in the last slot would be your Riven.

Didn't put all elements , only corrosive , and I put piercing cal , and primed fast hand . It's very slow for reloads

5 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

It's alright.  It's got high base damage, and with a status riven, you may be able to get it up to 60 status or more.

Hmm is that actually possible ? U'd probably need multishot + status riven and few dual stat elementals to even get close to that.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Rolled the riven , got pure damage , electric damage , statue . Is it good enough ? And does boltor makes any slash damage?

It's outclassed by all those weapons that have Strong Dispositions, it only having Faint Disposition as a testament of it's once unfounded popularity, lmao. Not sure what numbers you have on yours but they surely aren't on the same tier as +200% damage +100%multishot. Well, I suppose you have no reason not to use it now, unless you have a much stronger Riven for some other weapon.

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

It's outclassed by all those weapons that have Strong Dispositions, it only having Faint Disposition as a testament of it's once unfounded popularity, lmao. Not sure what numbers you have on yours but they surely aren't on the same tier as +200% damage +100%multishot. Well, I suppose you have no reason not to use it now, unless you have a much stronger Riven for some other weapon.

Weapons with strong disposition are much stronger than the weapons with faith disposition??

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)freakytiki3 said:

Someone must forget about Soma and (here comes the shot) Tonkor...

My recommendation is to get rid of boltor and use more fun weapons (note: tonkor is not fun at all).  

Just now, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Weapons with strong disposition are much stronger than the weapons with faith disposition??

Well, if you have proper Rivens for them. But yeah, it's not unlikely to find those that are more powerful per default, Riven Disposition is partly because popularity and only partly because strength.

To give you some notable examples, Attica, AkSomatti, AkMagnus, Kohm, Sobek are all very strong dispositions. It's possible to get 200%+ numbers of crit or damage on them. And I know from experience that those were not inferior at all in DPS output compared to Boltor P, just less used.

5 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Well, if you have proper Rivens for them. But yeah, it's not unlikely to find those that are more powerful per default, Riven Disposition is partly because popularity and only partly because strength.

To give you some notable examples, Attica, AkSomatti, AkMagnus, Kohm, Sobek are all very strong dispositions. It's possible to get 200%+ numbers of crit or damage on them. And I know from experience that those were not inferior at all in DPS output compared to Boltor P, just less used.

Tysm

1 hour ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Suggestions for more fun weapons, plz ? Ty

Okay, let's go!
For me absolute blast of enjoy is mara detron with "explosion enemies" mod. The way this weapon fire and what it does with enemies is very pleasant for me.

Second weapon is tigris p with punch-through and blast status. You can send enemies into space pretty easily. 

I can say that Zarr doing the same thing. 

Braton prime is a very pleasant weapon for me.

Soma prime is gorgeous (with or without riven) cause you can see how fast this beast can damage enemies and how fast health bar goes down (goodbye 100 lvl zanuka!). I have descent riven with multishot and base damage, so more fun for me. 

Zenistar is interesting weapon. 

Secura Lecta is my personal love (credits and weapon range, YEAH BABY). 

Kulstar (not because it's sounds like some sort of hip-hop star) - tonkor for secondary weapon slot. But you have to pay for his power with your live sometimes. 

13 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

^ This. Other examples include the Boar Prime, the newly buffed Sicarus Prime, stuff like the Supra... Not all weapons have strong disposition cause they're weak

2 minutes ago, Banser said:

Okay, let's go!
For me absolute blast of enjoy is mara detron with "explosion enemies" mod. The way this weapon fire and what it does with enemies is very pleasant for me.

Second weapon is tigris p with punch-through and blast status. You can send enemies into space pretty easily. 

I can say that Zarr doing the same thing. 

Braton prime is a very pleasant weapon for me.

Soma prime is gorgeous (with or without riven) cause you can see how fast this beast can damage enemies and how fast health bar goes down (goodbye 100 lvl zanuka!). I have descent riven with multishot and base damage, so more fun for me. 

Zenistar is interesting weapon. 

Secura Lecta is my personal love (credits and weapon range, YEAH BABY). 

Kulstar (not because it's sounds like some sort of hip-hop star) - tonkor for secondary weapon slot. But you have to pay for his power with your live sometimes. 

WoW sounds great ty , does multi shot very important for every weapons

1 hour ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

WoW sounds great ty , does multi shot very important for every weapons

Yeah, it's very important almost for every weapon. Exception for simulor.

Heavy caliber is not recommended for bows and sniper rifles because it's ruin your multishot.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

No.
Weapons with a Strong disposition get higher numbers for the stats effected by Rivens. This is not always a good thing, you can get -100% or more to damage and enough -% Multishot chance that the weapon will fail to fire more often that not.

Weapons with a Faint disposition also have much better base stats and so get a lot more out of normal mods.

You would need an exceptionally good roll on a Strong Disposition weapon's Riven to meaningfully compete with a number of Faint Disposition weapons that have no Riven.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Dex Sybaris, Azima Radiation (omg with Mirage it's awesome), Zenistar, Ack and Brunt, Twin Balzok with TP mod, Acrid, Soma Prime, Quanta Vandal, Jat Kittag...

38 minutes ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

I would recommend trying out different types of weapons yourself. People don't always find the same guns fun. Personally, I like bows, launchers, shotguns and Hema a lot of fun to play with. There are also people who hate bows from the bottom of their heart and launchers like Tonkor also have a lot of haters and a lot of people who like it.

39 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I would recommend trying out different types of weapons yourself. People don't always find the same guns fun. Personally, I like bows, launchers, shotguns and Hema a lot of fun to play with. There are also people who hate bows from the bottom of their heart and launchers like Tonkor also have a lot of haters and a lot of people who like it.

Couldn't agree more.

OP you should try collecting weapons that look fun to you, eventually you will start collecting all the weapons, so start by what seems most fun to you.

when I asked people about weapons like the Burston prime and boar prime most people told me they were trash and I should get a boltor prime\Soma prime, While Soma\Boltor p were very powerful, I still enjoyed Burston p and Boar prime more.

16 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Couldn't agree more.

OP you should try collecting weapons that look fun to you, eventually you will start collecting all the weapons, so start by what seems most fun to you.

when I asked people about weapons like the Burston prime and boar prime most people told me they were trash and I should get a boltor prime\Soma prime, While Soma\Boltor p were very powerful, I still enjoyed Burston p and Boar prime more.

I almost forgot Barton prime , my first weapon , I'll try to build my lovely Barton back in one day