Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A "true" Operator editor (changed)

lukinu_u

I changed the title from "A true Tenno editor" to "A true Operator Editor" for more clarity. I'm only talking about face customisation of our child (the Operator).

How you all know, some feature at the releasing of "The Second Dread" were rushed for time reason and the Tenno editor we currently have is probably one of these rushed things.
As a warframe player, I'm a huge fan of fashion frame and love to customise everything I can and a character is a enormous good thing in warframe, but this one is very bad. Probably the worst I even see in a game, compared to the overall quality of the game.

I know a character editor take very long time to make and can be hard, but I open this topic to know what people think about it and enough people want it to be worth for devs to do it.

Edited by lukinu_u

It depends on what you mean by character editor? I mean, *any* new changes to how fashion-frame could handle in this game is going to cause DE a lot of work & stress, but you'd need to be more specific as to what you would want for a character editor.

Warframe's customization is still miles ahead of many other games, and it can be surprising to see how different you can make your Warframe look different than other players warframes. Some sort of character editor similar to the one in Saints Row 3 (I assume this is the type of character editor you would want) would not work *at ALL* in Warframe in my opinion. I mean, each frame is supposed to look like that specific frame, so how would being able to change the head size, leg length, etc etc of each frame be a good idea? Not to mention it would break *everything* else in terms of fashionframe.

This is an idea that does not fit this game.

Oh, I *think* you meant a character editor for the *Operator* not the Warframes itself. This makes it less weird, but I still don't think it would fit too much. Mayyybe changing height or something for the operator would be nice, but any new changes for purely cosmetic stuff will be a lot of work for DE, and would probably just break the current hair-styles and outfits that they can wear.

Ok, thank you for clarifying. At first I thought you wanted face customization for warframes, then I thought you wanted general customization for the Operator, now I know what you actually mean. Having true face customization for the Operator *would* be nice, but very unneeded. You can get pretty far with what little customization they give. I do wish that there were some things I could change easily, (I don't like the size of my Operators lips) but I feel that if we were given open-ended face customization that we would probably end up with a lot of people giving their Operators tiny faces, or huge faces, or messed up faces, simply as jokes because they don't care.

It's just a somewhat large change for DE when it doesn't pay off very well.

Edited by Ninjamurai
I understand now

11 minutes ago, Ninjamurai said:

Oh, I *think* you meant a character editor for the *Operator* not the Warframes itself. This makes it less weird, but I still don't think it would fit too much. Mayyybe changing height or something for the operator would be nice, but any new changes for purely cosmetic stuff will be a lot of work for DE, and would probably just break the current hair-styles and outfits that they can wear.

I think he does mean just that, but i think this would just break the game. Some people would surely make their Operator so tall/small that their head is either below the small "holographic" thing in Missions or above it, making only their chesticles visible, Or even so tall and wide that they block the whole thing, just for banter lol.

We can already customize pretty much everything on the Operator, even the Voice, Gender (i believe? i could swear there were some male voice packs) and face geometry.

2 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Wow, okay. Have you played more than 2-3 Games in your life? Doesn't seem like it. The overall UI is a bit messy, yeah, but it does it's job just fine.

I precised " Probably the worst I even see in a game, compared to the overall quality of the game". Sure, there are some game with worst editor than that but the all game generally follow.

9 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

How is it bad?

• We dont have enough change to do, only choose 2 face and set the percentage of each one.
  • The most of faces we have look bad.
  • A bunch of hair are very buggy.

That the only bad things in my opinion but that's enough.

So, what I really want is :

• A face editor and not just choice between existing ones.
  • Some less buggy hair (but the last added are fine, so just a "rework" of the firsts added). and why not, a hair editor like Tekken, but this would be a bit too much.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

I changed the title from "A true Tenno editor" to "A true Operator Editor" for more clarity. I'm only talking about face customisation of our child (the Operator).

INB4 black desert online kind of character customization.

IN YOUR DREAMS