The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Regular Weapon Usage Pseudo-Poll

Unus

5 minutes ago, plexus_brachialis said:

vulkar wraith, rakta cernos, sancti tigris if i wanna get up close and personal, latron prime/wraith 

Ah, the Wraith, one of me ol unique guns I still pull outta storage every so often.

7 minutes ago, zehne said:

Burston/Latron (W).

But only cause I use Pox/Staticor for secondary (my AoE weaps).

Always gotta have that 1 AoE 1 Single target weapon combo going.  I love my Single targets but this is warframe, lets be honest.

II always like tweaking singles into areas with a bit of a gas mixture combo with my guns to squeeze the best of both worlds outta all my guns. Probably just me though.

Also, geezus criminitly, didn't expect this many folks to answer some stranger chumps single thread. VERY unexpected in my book.

I swap primaries constantly depending on the rest of my loadout and the mission I'm running.  If I'm doing an endless mission with a preformed team, team loadouts will be considered too.  But, in general, I use shotguns like the v. Hek and the boar prime, or rifles like the Amprex, Zarr and grakata.

I use Vaykor Hek, Akstiletto Prime, Dread, Hirudo, Broken War, Broken Scepter and Braton Prime.

It's not a case of avoiding some weapons but I don't like launchers or the simulor weapons. I didn't like leveling them for MR so I don't use them now.

3 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

I swap primaries constantly depending on the rest of my loadout and the mission I'm running.  If I'm doing an endless mission with a preformed team, team loadouts will be considered too.  But, in general, I use shotguns like the v. Hek and the boar prime, or rifles like the Amprex, Zarr and grakata.

Yeah, pretty similar approach on my end. A "direct upgrade" set, several faction focused sets, and a "Wabbit Hunting" set (it's complicated).

4 minutes ago, (PS4)SI-SF said:

It depends on the type of mission and what warframe I'm using but I've been using Dread quite a bit lately.

Chocking another up to the Dread then.

3 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I use Vaykor Hek, Akstiletto Prime, Dread, Hirudo, Broken War, Broken Scepter and Braton Prime.

It's not a case of avoiding some weapons but I don't like launchers or the simulor weapons. I didn't like leveling them for MR so I don't use them now.

Ah, I had a similar sensation when it came to just about anything Ak, especially the (Constant gagging) the la. . . .(gagging), the name that sounds like a type of coffee.

2 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

Latron Prime, 15%

Mk1-Braton, 15% (I didn't buy new weapons for a long time after I started playing)

Paris Prime, 14%

Braton, 11%

Quanta Vandal, 10% (but has the most XP and kills by a large margin)

Ah, the Latron Prime, a most venerable and ancient weapon.

Ok I'll go ahead and sort of "discount" Soma Prime as the 4th of the top 3-4 that'd we might not be counting here.

And then call out my "5th" as Braton Prime.

and a close 6th is the Prisma Grakata.

There's a lot of great weapons but those are 2 that I'll just grab off the weapon rack to have some fun while still getting the job done most of the time. 

p.s. if I could count the Lex Prime as a Primary instead of a Secondary I'd totally move it over and might just have picked it, haha

Edited by Rolunde
added p.s. afterthought

2 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Ok I'll go ahead and sort of "discount" Soma Prime as the 4th of the top 3-4 that'd we might not be counting here.

And then call out my "5th" as Braton Prime.

and a close 6th is the Prisma Grakata.

There's a lot of great weapons but those are 2 that I'll just grab off the weapon rack to have some fun while still getting the job done most of the time. 

p.s. if I could count the Lex Prime as a Primary instead of a Secondary I'd totally move it over and might just have picked it, haha

Odd, I thought the Somas were a bygone relic of the era of the "Bolter Madness"? Haven't seen or heard of one in use for months.

1 minute ago, Beggining said:

Huh. I really thought that more people would mention Zhuge: it is both crit and status viable, and could hold its own in Sorties. Plus, it counts as a bow, but it's automatic - useful for those 'Bow-only' restrictions.

I'm still in shock over the sheer variety sir/mam, I find it oddly satisfying to see only a modicum of bias. Of course, there is always the chance that folks are just feeding me what the think I wanna here, but, who would waste their time doing that?

11 minutes ago, Unus said:

Odd, I thought the Somas were a bygone relic of the era of the "Bolter Madness"? Haven't seen or heard of one in use for months.

Oh man, when Rivens came out, before they got "Double Nerfed" Soma's were on the Top 5 crazy high prices list along with Tonkor, Simulor, Dread and Cernos.

People were asking and apparently paying thousands of plat for those Rivens.

A "by gone relic" like Lightsabers in Star Wars, haha

As to the Zhuge, imo it's a super good weapon but I just don't love using it compared to some of the others. 

If this were a "top 10" it'd certainly be on my list ;-)

The Zarr, the Zarr is great fun but I blow myself up. All the time, I can't help it. Even when I know I shouldn't shoot it or should alt-swap the fire mode I still just want to shoot them with the Cannon mode So Much and then Boom, I'm down like a derp. =p

Edited by Rolunde

Just now, Rolunde said:

Oh man, when Rivens came out, before they got "Double Nerfed" Soma's were on the Top 5 crazy high prices list along with Tonkor, Simulor, Dread and Cernos.

People were asking and apparently paying thousands of plat for those Rivens.

A "by gone relic" like Lightsabers in Star Wars, haha

As to the Zhuge, imo it's a super good weapon but I just don't love using it compared to some of the others. 

If this were a "top 10" it'd certainly be on my list ;-)

Wow, thats something I hadn't actually thought of, the Riven modifications turning everyone's big fourth/fifth greatest weapons into their second or third. Goddem empty headedness. Also, everything sounded right at first. . .but. . .the Cernos? Really? What made dat ol blunt-bow so popular?

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

Wow, thats something I hadn't actually thought of, the Riven modifications turning everyone's big fourth/fifth greatest weapons into their second or third. Goddem empty headedness. Also, everything sounded right at first. . .but. . .the Cernos? Really? What made dat ol blunt-bow so popular?

High Fire-rate/fast draw speed and a Syndicate proc.

And it probably didn't hurt that the Cernos Prime came out pretty close to Rivens so some might have wanted to get Rivens for that too I guess?

24 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

High Fire-rate/fast draw speed and a Syndicate proc.

And it probably didn't hurt that the Cernos Prime came out pretty close to Rivens so some might have wanted to get Rivens for that too I guess?

Ohhhhhhh, the RAKTA, that makes a bit more sense sir/mam.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DomTheKilleur said:

I can guarantee though that once the Tenno pump shotgun comes out I'll be storing my Stradavar away for a LONG time.

For some odd reason, I find myself hoping that it'll be a slug-gun.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

With rivens: ATM

1. Latron P

2. Dex Sybaris

3. Vextis P

4. Rakta Cernos 

A familiar listing at this particular point, judging by previous statements.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Rakta cernos

I always liked  bows's and this is the fastest one around AOE viral proc that halves HP isn't bad either. 

Was just in a conversation bout this. Apparently, speed is key when it comes to Warframeian bowmenship.