Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning player needs help getting back

LemonEnterprise

Question

I stopped playing for a very long time and the new updates are really cofusing, please don't give me links because they really don't help. I do not understand how to get void relics and how to farm for specific parts. What are riven mods? Endless void survival is gone so whats the point of pushing your warframes to the limit, i mean i pushed valkyr, loki and excalibur to their limits and its at that point where they deal more dmg than primary weapons and stuff, i was able to do 2 hour runs but now since its gone its pointless?? What is the end game and did valkyr and excalibur get nerf? I am sure valkyr 4th ability got nerfed but did loki and excalibur receive them too? Whats the go to frame for end game now, primary, secondary and also melee. Can someone add me and play with me so that i can catch up with the game once again? Name is LemonEnterprise

5 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

I do not understand how to get void relics and how to farm for specific parts. 

Relics are gained like Void keys before and once there are void fissures, they have an own section at the alert tab, select one mission and then you are asked to select the relic you want to use.

4 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

What are riven mods? 

Riven mods are a new kind of mod, rewarded by completing your daily Sortie. Currently they are available for primary rifles/shotguns and secondaries. They have 2 - 4 stats, with 4 stats you def have 1 negative stat. 

13 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

I stopped playing for a very long time and the new updates are really cofusing, please don't give me links because they really don't help. I do not understand how to get void relics and how to farm for specific parts. What are riven mods? Endless void survival is gone so whats the point of pushing your warframes to the limit, i mean i pushed valkyr, loki and excalibur to their limits and its at that point where they deal more dmg than primary weapons and stuff, i was able to do 2 hour runs but now since its gone its pointless?? What is the end game and did valkyr and excalibur get nerf? I am sure valkyr 4th ability got nerfed but did loki and excalibur receive them too? Whats the go to frame for end game now, primary, secondary and also melee. Can someone add me and play with me so that i can catch up with the game once again? Name is LemonEnterprise

Treat yourself like a brand new player. Even if planets are unlocked, unlock the junctions and play a couple of missions per planet. Look up what you don't understand on the wiki.  Welcome back to Wikiframe.  

Ok let's go point per point 

7 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

I do not understand how to get void relics and how to farm for specific parts

Void relics are the new void keys, you farm them the same way as you used to. In term of use, each relic is linked to a specific era, pointing you which of the void fissure mission you have to go for a specific relic to open. 

The relic itself can be refined by void traces to modify its drop table. 

9 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

What are riven mods?

Riven mods are rng generated mods dropping only from Sortie completion. They can have overly powerful stats but also have negative stats, as well they are MR locked and weapon locked as much as requiring a specific trial to be completed to reveal its characteristics. 

11 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

Endless void survival is gone so whats the point of pushing your warframes to the limit, i mean i pushed valkyr, loki and excalibur to their limits and its at that point where they deal more dmg than primary weapons and stuff, i was able to do 2 hour runs but now since its gone its pointless??

This originally was gone, but the modification made to the relic system now re enabled the crazy 2 hour long void survival return. You will though not always be mainly facing the corrupted but one of the faction, or the corrupted themselves if the fissure is in the void. 

14 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

What is the end game and did valkyr and excalibur get nerf? I am sure valkyr 4th ability got nerfed but did loki and excalibur receive them too? Whats the go to frame for end game now, primary, secondary and also melee

The end game is mainly the Sortie and the aforementioned long relic runs. 

For the Valkyr 4 power, it got nerfed yes, though it was just made harder to maintain active for a long time mainly. Excalibur got a different treatment though I don't remember everything aside from the sliding radial blind being in the 4 now costing energy to use. 

And I won't talk of weapons, to each ones their tastes. 

17 minutes ago, LemonEnterprise said:

Can someone add me and play with me so that i can catch up with the game once again? Name is LemonEnterprise

If our times overlap why not. Will do, my clan mates will probably be glad to help. 

When did you left tenno ?

Relics is the system replacing void key (literaly drop where keys were drop in the first place ). You take a relic go to a fissure mission , Gather yellow void thingy ( 10 of them ) , Complete the mission , Head to extration and select a reward. In the process you will get void traces that will allow you to "upgrade" a relic to increase odds of rare drop.

Good news relics do not drop Ressources like orokin cells and no credits anymore ;) 

There is also endless fissures you can use multiple relics in them and get increase drop/afinity/credits the longer you stay.

For endgame its up to skills you can use any Warframe its up to you. Some can be easyer like vauban for cc or Inaros for durability.

Never heard of a Loki or Excal nerf except for the line of sight on radial javelin but thats to compensate the fact that its not the 4th ability anymore.

For riven you need to complete war within first and after that you will see its prety much an RNG reroll mods for weapons.

If you have question feel free to ask ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

2 hours ago, LemonEnterprise said:

So you are a veteran player .. but for some reason you dont have the capacity for understand changes or read patch notes ... that all new player with 0 knowledge of the game can  ...