Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If We Fail The Event....

Vard

What will happen?

Perhaps they will give snipetron vandals to people who got more than a certain number of kills?

Or maybe to a top percentage of players?

they cant just give it to everyone if we fail. because then what is the point of these events?

Why bother working hard if they'd just hand out freebies at the end, like Participant trophies in kids sports?

I'd kind of like to see the players fail, and get nothing. To encourage people to try harder next time. Sure some players would be peeved at first, but what do they expect? freebies?

i never liked the idea of having the entire community determine whether i get something or not. what if DE overestimates activity and makes it too hard to achieve?

in either case, seems a bit mean spirited to WANT people to fail. just so they can try harder next time. wouldnt it just as likely make people not want to try at all? when the determining factor isnt your own effort, but other random people you have no control over?

i can kill 1000 of them during the even, but it wont matter any of other people dont do the same. wasting my time. if we fail now, whats the point in trying harder next time?

What will happen?

Perhaps they will give snipetron vandals to people who got more than a certain number of kills?

they cant just give it to everyone if we fail. because then what is the point of these events?

Why bother working hard if they'd just hand out freebies at the end, like Participant trophies in kids sports?

I'd kind of like to see the players fail, and get nothing. To encourage people to try harder next time. Sure some players would be peeved at first, but what do they expect? freebies?

Then there you go. Now lets go fail this event together!!

i never liked the idea of having the entire community determine whether i get something or not. what if DE overestimates activity and makes it too hard to achieve?

in either case, seems a bit mean spirited to WANT people to fail. just so they can try harder next time. wouldnt it just as likely make people not want to try at all? when the determining factor isnt your own effort, but other random people you have no control over?

i can kill 1000 of them during the even, but it wont matter any of other people dont do the same. wasting my time. if we fail now, whats the point in trying harder next time?

I'm with Gerbil on this one. I don't think that the rewards should be handed out for free, nor do I think that the people who got 500+ kills should be punished for the general apathy towards this event. I don't think there should be a global counter at all and people should just get rewards based on what they personally achieved, or what their group achieved. Sure, keep the reward for the top players and clans and what not to keep the competition going, but success or failure shouldn't be determined by the entire group.

It's lore based for god sake.

y4qw.jpg

Not enough kill to fill the bar? Not enough information to get the stuff. Cry moar.

I got my average of 300 kills, only "farmed" for 20 for snipertron Vandal, all others was by normal runs.In the end, i've only lost like, 15 minutes farming, since i made it solo, all other, normal day gaming.

Edited by Endrance

I've spoken about this to my clan.

If we fail the event, I'd like to see some actual consequences. Not just failing the event and not getting the Snipertron Vandal, but the problem we were supposed to prevent actually becoming a problem.

Perhaps some form of new potential entry hazard? You get located en route, so when your ship drops you off, there's a cinematic of a group of tough-ish units (heavy units in higher levels) being alerted to your presence, or enemies being auto-alerted? On Grineer only, of course; Corpus and Infested draw no benefit from the Grineer's drones.

If we failed it'd be nice if the people that bothered got something to reward their effort. People that got 20 kills and went back to xini don't deserve any rewards in the first place, the bar should be at least ten times higher so it requires some work.

What will happen?

Lol, we will win, the devs won't have it fail due to a chance of people quitting. They % bar is probably even automated as well. If not, they will extend the event of have a spike in kills by having their own people play.

Edited by 123Olympian

Well, could make it real interesting.  Keep the bar, keep our progress, extend it another 2 days, make the things spawn more often.

Oh, and equip the drones with sniper rifles.

This seems like it would be very easy to implement.

"More information on Grineer activity, Tenno. There has been a delay on their shipment and their spy drones will need to keep surveillance for a while longer. Keep on the lookout, Tenno."

What will happen?

They made a terribly planned and poorly executed event.  The promised amount of kills to get the SV was 20.  Since I work 60 hours a week and don't have endless amounts of time to grind, that's all I did.

The event encourages solo play.  The couple hours I have to play a night, am I going to grind out killing more informers?  Or am I going to do runs with my clan mates and actually have fun?

The other events were fun.  This one wasn't.  By continuing to participate in it you are enabling the devs by rewarding their half assed effort to make an event and encouraging future development in this game to be as crappy as this even has been.

Just stop killing the informers after you reach 20.  Let the event fail.  Have some friggin standards.

Maybe the Spurs and Bruins should of also gotten the trophies!!!!

2nd place is for chumps. No one remembers the losers.

I guess posting about what will happen instead of farming helps the cause...

Sigh....

They made a terribly planned and poorly executed event.  The promised amount of kills to get the SV was 20.  Since I work 60 hours a week and don't have endless amounts of time to grind, that's all I did.

The event encourages solo play.  The couple hours I have to play a night, am I going to grind out killing more informers?  Or am I going to do runs with my clan mates and actually have fun?

The other events were fun.  This one wasn't.  By continuing to participate in it you are enabling the devs by rewarding their half assed effort to make an event and encouraging future development in this game to be as crappy as this even has been.

Just stop killing the informers after you reach 20.  Let the event fail.  Have some friggin standards.

Says one of the few people that can actually communicate with the Devs on a regular basis in a method more grown-up than throwing a tantrum.

You are a pathetic human being.

It's actually a pretty good question because there are two separate conditions to get the snipe vandal. 1) 20 kills 2) progress bar complete. There has been poor communication IMO to the player base on this event as evidenced by posts in other threads where people seem to think that all they have to do is get 20 kills. I don't blame em, that's what I thought for the first two days as well. On one hand I believe in consequences, even in a game, on the other hand the Devs have failed in this event as much as the players. Kind of a grey area.

I suppose in conclusion that if the event fails the players should get zero rewards. This should immediately be followed by an apology from the Devs and an event redo next weekend that does not discourage coop play and has better tiered rewards to encourage more hunting. Normally I am on the Devs' side because I like this game and I like the fact that it is "F2P" but this event seems inherently flawed to me. What was the thought process behind only one player gets the count for a kill? Should have made the drones with a lot more health and then give credit to all who get at least one hit. Or something.

It's actually a pretty good question because there are two separate conditions to get the snipe vandal. 1) 20 kills 2) progress bar complete. There has been poor communication IMO to the player base on this event as evidenced by posts in other threads where people seem to think that all they have to do is get 20 kills.

To be fair, there are plenty of people who are well aware that the progress bar needs to complete to get the reward, but aren't going to spend all day farming to complete the mission. I did my 20~30 kills the first day in case we completed it, but I'm not a huge fan of any of the sniper rifles (low mag, low fire rate, high reload speed) so I'm not worried about whether it completes or not. That doesn't mean I've been avoiding killing them, but I'm certainly not going to play a bunch of solo missions for the highest possible drones killed per hour, because that's boring and I'd rather fail and get nothing than spend two days being bored to get an item I don't really care about.

Gonna laugh so hard if we fail. I killed my fair share, stopped caring after seeing all the people getting mad at others for not wanting to farm boring &#! drones non-stop. I hope DE doesn't puss out and make the kill requirement easy or something. If we fail no one should get any reward.

Gonna laugh so hard if we fail. I killed my fair share, stopped caring after seeing all the people getting mad at others for not wanting to farm boring &#! drones non-stop. I hope DE doesn't puss out and make the kill requirement easy or something. If we fail no one should get any reward.

Really, I don't see how that's fair. Why should people who worked hard get punished for the (in)actions of others. Mind you, that's more of a problem with the premise of the operation rather than one of the community.

Says one of the few people that can actually communicate with the Devs on a regular basis in a method more grown-up than throwing a tantrum.

You are a pathetic human being.

You think that Design Council forum lets us talk to the devs?

LOL.

You're obviously not in the DC, so lemme explain how DC works:

We cannot start threads in the DC. They start the threads they want us to talk about. This event never appeared on the DC at all. We never got a chance to talk to the devs (oh I would have LOVED to have told them how bad of an idea a lack of teamkill credit is) about this event.

But then you wouldn't actually Know that, as you didn't actually spend money like we did.