Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammocor: Maximum Status or Maximum Damage?

DEATHLOK

Question

The Status Chance of the Synoid Gammocor increases with multishot, fire rate, and dual status mods. As I write this, I don't know how high Status Chance can go, but it may not matter. There may be an issue of diminishing returns, meaning that straight 90% elemental damage mods may hold the advantage over dual status mods.

That's why I'm here.

Is it better to have four 90% elemental mods, four dual status mods, or some combination thereof—such as two 90% mods and two dual status mods?

Serration, Hornet Strike, and Lethal Torrent are fairly mandatory. Gunslinger increases damage at a heavy cost to ammo efficiency, and could be exchanged for ammo mutation or range mods. But the key to a good build probably lies with the elemental mods applied. I'm hoping to get some sort of consensus as to what works best. Best performance would be measured against enemies level 100 and higher.

17 answers to this question

Edit: Thought we talk about rivens..dont know why. 

From my Gamacor Riven i found out that best for overal dmg is pure +DMG. Since you only have one good DMG mod and that is Hornet Strike. I think i have something like +130% on mine.

Multishot is also nice but it wont roll that high...only about +50-60%. And with 2 other mods with multishot you wont get much out of it. But still good.

Edited by Mover-NeRo

Just now, Tyrian3k said:

It's a continuous weapon. Status is useless on it.

It's a continuous weapon so status is less useful on it. But it is never useless. Even one proc per second is plenty when you mod for Viral or maybe you want a Radiation proc. Since the elements are limited, chances are you will get the procs you want every second.

In contrary to most of weapon, beam weapons (including gammacor) dont show the status chance per bullet but the status chance per second.
That's why multishot and firerate increase status chance.

With the high firerate, I think increase damages is better than status that is already high, exept if you play it with DoT staus (toxin, fire, gaz).
The best way to play gammacor is probably with burst fire/toxin/gaz damages and a riven that reduce fire rate + primed ammo mutation.

Edited by lukinu_u

Just now, -BM-Leonhart said:

It's a continuous weapon so status is less useful on it. But it is never useless. Even one proc per second is plenty when you mod for Viral or maybe you want a Radiation proc. Since the elements are limited, chances are you will get the procs you want every second.

Let's compare it to a real status weapon then: Braton Prime with 2 dual stat mods and using Shred has a 66.8% status chance at a fire rate of 12.5, which is equal to about 835% status/second.

With the gammacor, you want your enemy dead within that second, not hope that you might get lucky with a proc.

So...I'm reading that the smart way to go is to maximize damage with those 90% elemental mods?

One thing for certain: It has the worst ammo efficiency of any weapon I've ever used. I don't even have Gunslinger on it, yet. :shocked:

It's not as if I just got it. I've had the gun forever. I've thrown a good number of Forma at it. But there is a good deal of confusion out there surrounding its build, and that has pulled me around in a couple different directions. I had grown so frustrated that I stopped using it a while back—again, the ammo efficiency is a nightmare.

Edited by DEATHLOK

When I 1st acquired gammacor, i spent a lot to time applying 5 forma, i got a lethal secondary for lvl60-100 enemy but after the 1st nerf (ammo efficiency), it became next to useless for high level CC, and after the 2nd covert nerf (base damage).....well I still use it, but only for stealth head-shotting lvl20-40 with loki & carrier p during spy and survival missions if I have lots of ammo restores . It is probably now one of the weakest syndicate weapons available. should DE ever consider a revision, then converting it to a pulse weapon rather than a continuous beam weapon would be interesting.

From memory, my current gammacor build is blast and toxin

1 hour ago, Tyrian3k said:

Let's compare it to a real status weapon then: Braton Prime with 2 dual stat mods and using Shred has a 66.8% status chance at a fire rate of 12.5, which is equal to about 835% status/second.

With the gammacor, you want your enemy dead within that second, not hope that you might get lucky with a proc.

Yes, I know. Stuff like Corrosive would not be useful on it for procs, only for damage. But there are tons of proc types where one at time is max, so modding for that is recommended.

2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Yes, I know. Stuff like Corrosive would not be useful on it for procs, only for damage. But there are tons of proc types where one at time is max, so modding for that is recommended.

Not on a weapon that doesn't proc often enough to apply it reliably before the death of your enemy. The only proc you could get some use out of is Viral, but the chances of getting a proc before your enemy dies is very slim with a high DPS, low status weapon like the Synoid Gammacor.

Also, Blast is also very good on fast status weapons, since it gives you pretty decent CC.

Just now, Tyrian3k said:

Not on a weapon that doesn't proc often enough to apply it reliably before the death of your enemy. The only proc you could get some use out of is Viral, but the chances of getting a proc before your enemy dies is very slim with a high DPS, low status weapon like the Synoid Gammacor.

Also, Blast is also very good on fast status weapons, since it gives you pretty decent CC.

If the enemy dies before 1 second has passed to apply a Viral proc, then the procs are not needed. 

Blast is good for procs, but doesn't do good damage on stuff other than Infested. It especially suc*ks against Ferrite. For example, 0.75x against Heavy Gunners, while Corrosive does 1.75x (and 75% initial Ferrite armor reduction). The difference with all the factors is easily 3x less damage, without even counting the Corrosive procs.

1 hour ago, DEATHLOK said:

the ammo efficiency is a nightmare.

That's why you build Synoid Gammacor for pure damage. The only fire-rate affecting mod you should put in is Lethal Torrent.

When fully built, Gammacor starts to fall-off around enemy armored enemy level 60, up to that point it's extremely strong. However, it isn't a good main weapon for Sorties. On the other hand, in missions up to level 40-50 it can easily be your main source of damage.

Seeker is godlike on Synoid Gammacor.

6 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

That's why you build Synoid Gammacor for pure damage. The only fire-rate affecting mod you should put in is Lethal Torrent.

When fully built, Gammacor starts to fall-off around enemy armored enemy level 60, up to that point it's extremely strong. However, it isn't a good main weapon for Sorties. On the other hand, in missions up to level 40-50 it can easily be your main source of damage.

Seeker is godlike on Synoid Gammacor.

This makes me sad. I used to love this gun so much.

So don't put Gunslinger on it? Doesn't Gunslinger increase the DPS, which is the only thing the gun has going for it?

Edited by DEATHLOK

11 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

Doesn't Gunslinger increase the DPS

Sure it does, greatly at that. However, it even more greatly decreases ammo-efficiency of the Gammacor. If you're using Gammacor on a swap - sure, you can slap rate of fire mods on it. However, don't expect to be able to use it through the whole mission without swapping back.

19 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

Not worth it? Do you use it?

To make it the best it can be, even if only used in a pinch, would you stick with Gunslinger or add CC with Seeker?

I personally would never go with Gunslinger.  I use Magnum Force on mine, but I can see the usefulness of Seeker.  Other 7 mods are pretty much non-debatable :)

1 hour ago, DEATHLOK said:

Not worth it? Do you use it?

To make it the best it can be, even if only used in a pinch, would you stick with Gunslinger or add CC with Seeker?

If swap speed in Warframe wasn't so horrendously slow, I could see that beeing a viable option. However, when you're getting a gun out, you're usually sticking with it for a while. Personally, I use 90% elementals, Lethal Torrent and Seeker on Gammacor. You can swap Seeker for another damage mod, but in my opinion, it isn't really worth it. Gammacor can be used in unarmored sorties to an extent but is far from being a top dog there. Meanwhile, for enemy level under 50, Seeker turns it into a ray of death, making it an incredibly effective mid-level weapon (aka 95% of this game's content). And a pretty fun one.