Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Rework

lukinu_u

Yes, another Sortie rework theard... I know there are a lot of these but I still want to explain my idea.

Here, the idea is not to put a token system or give it less RNG, but put to the reward under players control and force them to use their best loadout. Basically, make it a true endgame.

First of all, let remember how sortie currently work :

• Do the first mission (randomly determined).
  • Do the second mission (randomly determined).
  • Do the third mission (randomly determined too and can be a boss).
  • Claim a random reward.

Here, the problem is that missions are totally random and can be hard/long sometime (2 defense and 1 survive with sniper only for example) and sometime easy/short (extermination, sabotage, spy for example). And after completing the last mission, you just get a random reward, regardless of what you did in the mission.

So, my idea is to make the mission more "predefined" and allow player to choose reward into a list depending on their performance, but how ?
I will explain how I did into a bulleted list how I did for current sortie system :

• Do the first mission to unlock the next. This one is always a non-endless mission (extermination, sabotage, spy, capture, etc...)
  • Now, start the second mission that is awlays an endless mission (survive, defense, excavation, interception). In this mission, each 10 minutes/10 waves/500 cryotic/2 rounds will add a possible Sortie reward into your "claim pool" (explain further). So, if you dont like the reward, you can continue the mission until you get something you want, but the enemis will scale rapidely in level, forcing you to bring good team if you want a specific reward. Then, go to extraction.
  • Do the third mission, that is always a boss to claim your reward.
  • When the boss is finished, after returning to your ship, you can choose between all reward you added in your claim pool by doing 2nd sortie mission.

So here, longer you stay on the enldess mission, more choice you have a the end. On the second mission the drop chances for each reward added to the "claim pool" are same as currently is on sortie end. The mission is only feasible once to force player to bring good stuff to stay longer as possible instead do multiples runs.
To prevent players from leaving on the 2nd mission because enemies are too high level and they didn't have the reward they wanted, any disconnexion will consider the 2nd mission finished and close the "claim pool" (with the reward you obtained before disconnexion).

It's not just "Yes, another Sortie rework thread". Those just pollute everything I see lately on forums. I think I got the problem by the 20th thread.

I am sure the Devs got it as well. There comes a point where relentless demanding something will just have the opposite effect and will just piss people off. Well, I hope that doesn't happen with the Devs in this case.

8 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

It's not just "Yes, another Sortie rework thread". Those just pollute everything I see lately on forums. I think I got the problem by the 20th thread.

I am sure the Devs got it as well. There comes a point where relentless demanding something will just have the opposite effect and will just piss people off. Well, I hope that doesn't happen with the Devs in this case.

Wow, so much toxicity in your words O_o
I just wanted to explain my idea because I think it's a good way to make players play sortie more often and give a potential waiting way to endgame.

Also, I dont thinks devs will just ignore people because there are too many theards about Sorties. If players still talk about it and try to rework it, it's because there is some issues to solve about the system.

My idea for a better sortie system is to have multiple mission paths.  It has always bothered me that there a '1' on sortie, as if that ever changes.  So instead, have a series of them.  Once you choose a '1st mission' it predetermines the second & third missions.  The kicker is the 1st mission displays a potential reward pool that varies with each potential primary mission.

So choose which main reward you want to go for and do that set of sorties.  Each reward will have its own factors and conditions involved so the easier rewards will remain easy.  The rarer the reward, the more difficult the missions get, with more conditions on each (fire + sniper only for example).

There will be several separate pools with trash rewards (endo or whatever) with a final reward goal (riven mod).  The rewards will overlap (having riven as a trash reward with lego core as the final reward) so you can bypass the worst of the trash rewards by aiming for the best and potentially only getting the not that great rewards.

The better the pool selection the higher the level and the more conditions set.

43 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

So here, longer you stay on the enldess mission, more choice you have a the end.

I like this idea too, as I love survival missions, but wanted to share my idea too.  Its a bit more complex though.

Also just ignore Leonhart, he is quite adept at finding the absolute most negative possible thing to say about any idea or feedback anyone posts.