Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One handed and double swords buff

Demlier

Hello :) im writing today to you cuz i want to ask people what they think about one handed melee weapons and double swords does they need buff?. Loooooong time ago i was asking for two handed buff they get it but now the double melee are useless if going on enemies 15 lvl+ also  there are no many one handed swords rly worth using in end game or atleast worth to cinsidering using them for now WAR galatine prime and secura lecta are overused as fk . What's your opinion? DO they need buffs or DONT P.S sorry for bad english :d

Among melee, only very few heavy weapons will outperform dual swords against a single target. They are very strong.

Longswords are garbage, though. The absolutely best weapon of the category is Broken War and it's a trash weapon that still manages to make the existence of all other options pointless. Terrible crit-stats in a crit melee era, a terrible status potential for going into endless missions, low reach (that one is understandable). And while stances are decent, even in terms of pure DPS they fall short of Swirling Tiger and especially Cleaving Whirlwind, despite the all of the latter offering much better weapon choices to work with.

Currently, there are zero reasons to choose a longsword over a nikana. Nikanas are faster, deal more damage, have dramatically better status potential and even their stance is much more common.

1 hour ago, ShiraHagane said:

if there is a buff for longswords, can you make dakra prime the best one?  or at least better than the MR 2 freebie sword

Or, you know, buff them all in different ways so that players actually get to pick a sword according to their playstyle.

"lol make this one the best in every way" is the same ridiculous line of thinking that caused the BrokenWar > EverythingElse issue in the first place. Ideally, the BrokenWar, DakraPrime, PrismaSkana, PlasmaSword, etc. should all be worth using in their own way.

4 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Or, you know, buff them all in different ways so that players actually get to pick a sword according to their playstyle.

"lol make this one the best in every way" is the same ridiculous line of thinking that caused the BrokenWar > EverythingElse issue in the first place. Ideally, the BrokenWar, DakraPrime, PrismaSkana, PlasmaSword, etc. should all be worth using in their own way.

I'm just saying it's kinda dumb that the MR 2 freebie sword is straight up 50% better than the MR 6 prime sword

Edited by ShiraHagane

33 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

I'm just saying it's kinda dumb that the MR 2 freebie sword is straight up 50% better than the MR 6 prime sword

I totally agree.

What I'm saying is that the other way around (the MR 6 prime sword being straight up better than the MR 2 freebie sword) isn't a good option either. Both swords should exist without one making the other obsolete.