Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Riven Question (Build Included)

(XBOX)TheMadCash

Question

So I've recently bought an Ignis Riven. It's +66.5% heat & +66.9% status chance. Pretty much just a little bit stronger Thermite Rounds.  So here is the build I'm planning 

2SOvQFc.jpg

Now I know status can be superior late game. But should I keep this build or aim for Multishot or more base dmg? Or should I keep this Riven since it does make my status chance look nice?

(Don't know if this is intentional. But multishot on the Ignis don't increase the stance chance in game. Is this a bug or intentional? Because with the build above I can only get my status chance to 86.7 in game)

5 answers to this question

Yep, Multishot "only" gives a damage increase on Continuous weapons, because DE logic for some reason.

If you want more DPS & status at once, +Fire Rate is what you should be looking at.
(I went with Vile Acceleration, ammo efficiency of course went down a bit but I'd say it's easily worth it.)

TBH, that Riven isn't terribly impressive, if you can get at least any two of
Damage / Multishot / Fire Rate / [element], that'd vastly improve your performance.

Damage Vs. Status just depends how you plan to use it.

If you use it as a street sweeper for fodder levels then neither matters much. If you go into Sorties with Mirage then damage matters. If you go in as a support CC status blanket then status matters.

Ignis is a continuous weapons. Only %status chance mods and fire rate will increase it's status per second though because Ignis uses pellets similar to a shotgun I've noticed that it makes use of more than 100% status/sec or rather it doesn't reach actual 100% status/sec until you go near 160%. All I can say for certain is there's a difference in proc rate between 100% and 161%.

Also depending how much you want Corrosive procs Vs Heat CC you might want to consider Convulsion over Hellfire to increase your Corrosive proc weight.

Edit: Oh and I personally love Firestorm on Ignis. It's preference but I'd give it a try at least.

Edited by Xzorn

5 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Yep, Multishot "only" gives a damage increase on Continuous weapons, because DE logic for some reason.

If you want more DPS & status at once, +Fire Rate is what you should be looking at.
(I went with Vile Acceleration, ammo efficiency of course went down a bit but I'd say it's easily worth it.)

TBH, that Riven isn't terribly impressive, if you can get at least any two of
Damage / Multishot / Fire Rate / [element], that'd vastly improve your performance.

Exactly. Ignis has pretty ok damage so I would shoot for this. Or dmg/multi/fire rate and a negative that isn't harmful to it (like -slash or something). This will push the positives up around +35% more with a negative on it and seems ignis rivens are strong they don't get huge bonuses, so you want them higher.

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Ignis is a continuous weapons. Only %status chance mods and fire rate will increase it's status per second though because Ignis uses pellets similar to a shotgun I've noticed that it makes use of more than 100% status/sec or rather it doesn't reach actual 100% status/sec until you go near 160%. All I can say for certain is there's a difference in proc rate between 100% and 161%.

The shotgun comparison is not particularly accurate.

Actually, I think DE just got lazy with the math for the status chance on continuous weapons. I'm pretty sure it actually works like this:

• With all four 60% status-elemental mods, the Ignis has 85% status chance per second.
  • Vile Acceleration increases fire rate by 90%.
  • I believe this results in the Arsenal listing the resulting status chance per second as 161.5% (85% x 190%).
  • What I believe is actually happening is that the status chance "ticks" occur 1.9 times more often, but without the chance per tick modified, resulting in an 85% status chance every 0.526 seconds (1 second / 190%), which is statistically equivalent to a 97.3% status to inflict at least one status proc per second. This is the number that the Arsenal really should display to be consistent.

39 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

The shotgun comparison is not particularly accurate.

Actually, I think DE just got lazy with the math for the status chance on continuous weapons. I'm pretty sure it actually works like this:

• With all four 60% status-elemental mods, the Ignis has 85% status chance per second.
  • Vile Acceleration increases fire rate by 90%.
  • I believe this results in the Arsenal listing the resulting status chance per second as 161.5% (85% x 190%).
  • What I believe is actually happening is that the status chance "ticks" occur 1.9 times more often, but without the chance per tick modified, resulting in an 85% status chance every 0.526 seconds (1 second / 190%), which is statistically equivalent to a 97.3% status to inflict at least one status proc per second. This is the number that the Arsenal really should display to be consistent.

I wasn't sure exactly what was going on with the weapon. When I was testing it I frapsed and slowed footage of a Quanta Vandal at 100% status/sec and the Ignis at 100% status/sec and the Quanta was getting procs on exact tick numbers. Can't remember the number of ticks between each proc but I wasn't able to get the same behavior with Ignis until I boosted it's status past 100% by adding more status mods.

The numbers you're showing make sense. It's possible I just got lucky procs on my Quanta testing.