Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminith cyst removal

Dovahheim

Why do we have to wait a whole week for the cyst to mature before we can remove it? Not only does it ruin a frames appearance (to me at least) for 7 full days, there is also no reason that it cannot be removed before that time. You should be able to remove it whenever you want considering that most of the time you don't choose to get infected with it so it just seems like a little punishment for playing with other players.  

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

I agree. I can suck it up for a week or so to guarantee never getting it again, though. That's not a bad trade-off IMO.

There shouldn't be any trade off at all for something that you can't control or avoid unless you only play solo in a co-op game.

1 minute ago, Dovahheim said:

There shouldn't be any trade off at all for something that you can't control or avoid unless you only play solo in a co-op game.

Again, I am inclined to agree. I have made the same argument that you are right now. But I'm trying to say that there's a solution, even if it does suck. And they didn't have to give us a solution/fix at all, they could have made us wait until it was finished to get it. It would have been ridiculous, but that was probably their original plan. 

I'm not saying "Be grateful and shut up". By all means, give feedback for days. I was simply saying that there's a workaround. I get that it sucks, I feel that the cyst should never have been contagious to begin with, but it is and now it's a thing. Could it stand to be changed? Probably, yeah. Waiting a week to fix a cosmetic problem is annoying. 

My original reply was based on the assumption that you didn't know the fix was permanent, hence my wording. 

31 minutes ago, Dovahheim said:

Why do we have to wait a whole week for the cyst to mature before we can remove it? Not only does it ruin a frames appearance (to me at least) for 7 full days, there is also no reason that it cannot be removed before that time. You should be able to remove it whenever you want considering that most of the time you don't choose to get infected with it so it just seems like a little punishment for playing with other players.  

It's this way because DE wanted it to be this way. End off the story.
7 days aren't that long.

You have whole infested room in liset.I expect DE will give it some kind of function in the future where you could use cyst as main resource for research, making weapons,something like syndicate standings....I don't know..

But one thing is for sure.It is too early to permanently remove potential resource or diminish number of "fields" you grow youre "resource" on.Just wait and see what it would be used for.

3 hours ago, RistN said:

You have whole infested room in liset.I expect DE will give it some kind of function in the future where you could use cyst as main resource for research, making weapons,something like syndicate standings....I don't know..

But one thing is for sure.It is too early to permanently remove potential resource or diminish number of "fields" you grow youre "resource" on.Just wait and see what it would be used for.

Then the "potential resource" should be aquirable some other way so that you don't have to be infected with it if you don't want to.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2017 at 11:38 AM, TrickshotMcGee said:

Once you remove the cyst, it's a permanent inoculation. If you take it off of a Warframe, that Warframe cannot get it again.

Apparently, if you make an infested companion with it, it can grow again.

Edited by WalfHero

On 1/19/2017 at 11:38 AM, TrickshotMcGee said:

Once you remove the cyst, it's a permanent inoculation. If you take it off of a Warframe, that Warframe cannot get it again.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I've been obsessively checking my frames hoping the disgusting thing is fully grown, so I can get rid of it permanently. As long as the Cyst remains something that can happen, I'm heavily disinclined to make or buy any more warframes. Hopefully DE will remove the possibility of unwanted Helminth Cyst infection in the next update. 

23 hours ago, WalfHero said:

Apparently, if you make an infested companion with it, it can grow again.

If you use the Helminth chair to remove the cyst, it stays gone.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. I've been obsessively checking my frames hoping the disgusting thing is fully grown, so I can get rid of it permanently. As long as the Cyst remains something that can happen, I'm heavily disinclined to make or buy any more warframes. Hopefully DE will remove the possibility of unwanted Helminth Cyst infection in the next update. 

Not a bad thing, no, but truth be told; we have no clue what else DE plans on doing with it, so eradicating it from all of your frames entirely may not be the best decision. Even if only just in case. 

Of course, I think it never should have been contagious to begin with, but it doesn't matter as much now. Everyone knows about it.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee