Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player's struggle with Raptor

narkoface

Question

Hey guys!

So I started warframe a few days ago and fought my way to Europa as my plans were to build Nova for my second frame.

But here comes the tricky part, I can't do anything against even the first Raptor. I played through the star chart with Volt so far and managed to do every neccessary thing solo but this one boss keeps kicking my pooper. I'm rank 3, leveling up a Harak, an Amphis and a Vasto (planning to get that Akvasto). This arsenal mostly worked for me even tho the mods are kinda mess on them.

The question is, any advice?

What frame should I build before Nova? As I see I won't be able to defeat Raptor with Volt, he 2-3 shots me easily. (please don't say Rhino like on every possible forum thread about second frame, I don't feel like I want him, I'm thinking about Trinity or Valkyr maybe?)

What weapon should I pick? I have the feeling that Harak and Vasto just won't do it for Raptor, maybe should I get to rank 4 and get a Sobek? Or any better choice?

What mods should I or more likely am I able to farm till this point? (I can't go to Saturn or further till Raptor is defeated)

Or just srcap all this and find a clan and ask for party?

p.s. I tried to hide in cover but then I ran out of ammo...

Edited by narkoface

6 answers to this question

Raptor is one nasty boss. I think the best way to defeat it is to group up with fellow tenno, It is much more fun also.

Mag also makes it a lot easier. You can be mag yorself (you can get her from phobos boss) or try to get a group that has her. At least that is how like to do this boss

If you're struggling, the best thing to do is ask someone with patience and time to come along and help/show you the ropes. This also applies to other advice - in case tips for tactics and mods might aid you.

They changed the way the Raptor fight went sometime last year, and I can see how it would be confusing or more difficult for newer players.

If I'm around shoot me a message ingame, I'm happy to help people who are willing to learn. 

Generally Corpus units have high rates of fire and they can wreck your funsies if you don't find cover. Try to use the surroundings and move around constantly. Be aware if you stay in the main floor that a lot of the other foot soldiers group up down there - I prefer to deal with the Raptor from the upper side walkways/gantry.

If you're using Volt, his electric shields are necessary if you want to deal with this fight and remain relatively static. Put all four up around you in a circle so all sides are covered.