Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War and/or Broken-War

Asdryu

We're getting new melee weapons and they're coming with new ideas. New ideas that usually involves a passive, so I was thinking that those sentient weapons do deserve a passive themselves too by now.

War should get something like their defensive mechanic (Sentients), like: defense against x type of damage increases while blocking. The ability won't have any effects while not blocking.

Broken-War maybe something that promotes a more aggressive playstyle like slash procs also deal viral. Ok that sounds very OP, but I'm just thinking that a wound caused by that weapon won't feel good at all. So on a slightly more serious note: something like slash procs reduces armor? I'm not talking about the ticks, just the procs where you hear the slash effect in fact. A blade with an edge and a technology so advanced that is also able to shreds the armor to pieces wich would also complements the many hits from vengeful revenant

Aslong it won't be a Broken War / Dakra Prime dilemma. I rather have unique features with them without having one to weak or to strong.

I mean most weapons we just have varietys, one impact based, other puncture, other slash and some elemental based, makign the unique in there own way.

We defnitly not need jsut another buffed weapon over another, atleast not without content we need it for.

I mean, every dilemma kinda fades out when you think about Galatine Prime, Nikana Prime and Lesion.
I don't care anymore about limiting potential and ideas because of those things. There are weapons like Fang Prime and Silva & Aegis that are completely shadowed by the new comers 

Edited by RyuGold

Great idea. The Broken War is OP compared to every other swords, unless you put the Syndicate Augment of a Prisma Skana. Adding a little feature would be interresting, but I think the stats of either the Broken War or other longswords should be changed so it's not too much of a buff.

And for the War, hell yeah! We got some good parrying mods now, why not use them? Stalky have this special Sentiient-like adaptation to damage types because Hunhow gave him War, so why couldn't we use that as well? 

8 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

War is already one of the strongest weapons [...], so they shouldn't get buffed.

War is strong, yes, but saying it's "one of the strongest weapons" is not completely true. First, It's Impact based, with a bit of Slash and almost no Puncture, wich means less effective against Grineer and Infested than most slash weapons, such as Galatine, Nikanas, Orthos, Atterax, etc. It's also fairly slow, uless you use a crit build with Berserk. With a defensive feature on the War, some people might reconsider their full offense builds, and maybe some of them will try putting some parrying mods. At least I would.

3 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

War is strong, yes, but saying it's "one of the strongest weapons" is not completely true. First, It's Impact based, with a bit of Slash and almost no Puncture, wich means less effective against Grineer and Infested than most slash weapons, such as Galatine, Nikanas, Orthos, Atterax, etc. It's also fairly slow, uless you use a crit build with Berserk. With a defensive feature on the War, some people might reconsider their full offense builds, and maybe some of them will try putting some parrying mods. At least I would.

Going by damage alone it is though. Yes, slash is the preferred damage type, but War has very high attack damage, reasonable attack speed with Berserker, high attack range, heavy sword stance multipliers and heavy crits. Plus you can get better damage types with elemental mods which scale with the high base damage. I did not say it is the strongest (Galatine P wins without a question), but definitely up there in the high tier. 

2 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Not sure about that. Many weapons with lower base damage can be just as deadly, or even more, depending on the build and the faction you're fighting. 

The thing is, slash procs are OP against any faction, and Galatine's slash procs hit very hard so even against highly armored enemies it reigns supreme. Some of the weapons with higher crit than 20 percent could potentially outdps Galatine P, but only when measured against a single enemy, not groups. 

6 hours ago, RyuGold said:

I mean, every dilemma kinda fades out when you think about Galatine Prime, Nikana Prime and Lesion.

War is probably getting Strong disposition with new melee rivens, while Galantine Prime gets Faint disposition.

Personally I think that's a reasonable way to balance it out. I mean, War is just slightly weaker than Galantine Prime.

War is probably gonna get a neutral disposition (or maybe even weak and neutral for scindo and strong for gram). Strong disposition is for weapons that are very rarely used.
Hell, my dark dagger is probably gonna be faint because of all that covert jazz.. :C

Edited by RyuGold