The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The wrong proc?

Damagedice

Question

So my weapon is a physical damage shotgun with corrosive and cold added onto it. the cold mod is at the very end of the loadout. sometimes(? or maybe all the time? it gets so chaotic its hard to tell before the enemies level up enough for it to really matter) instead of seeing corrosive or cold proc, I get magnetic. As though magnetic was what I modded for. I am Saryn and there is no Volt to add electric to the gun. I have a loadout which is primarily magnetic, is my arsenal showing the corrosive build while playing off of the magnetic in actuality? I don't know. I have no idea why this would happen, but its frustrating to run up to a lvl 100 napalm, unable to strip its armor before being blasted in the mouth.

7 answers to this question

The order of the elementals is most likely what's wrong.

Mods are set up in a left  to right and top to bottom order.

To have gotten magnetic, it means the toxin was added last. The combined element has to go before the single element, if you want them to combine into the right element.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Uploading a picture of your mod set up would help in finding the issue.

Edited by reptillicus

Well there is a couple things you can do to help us try figure out what is wrong:

1. Take a screenshot of the mod setup and upload to a place like imgur or photobucket then put it in here so we can see what you actually have loaded onto the weapon.

3. Remove any mods from the b and c mod loadouts and test if it still happens so we can rule out the game switching your mod loadout secretly. 

14 hours ago, Damagedice said:

a4ae03d1793d4ae39e5c4f7db4a6a6dc.png

I apologize for not including an image before. It seems though that after making changes to the my config refreshed it to the proper damage. Very odd error but I appreciate the responses

Well I think I see the issue (as long as that riven doesn't have any elementals on it) it looks like you are trying to use acid shells as an elemental mod. Acid shells adds a corrosive explosion but only on an enemies death, and as long as that riven doesn't have an element on it your she'll shock is going to pair with your chilling reload to make magnetic only. 

Oh hey..... I posted something about this too already. I confirmed that its client side, and once in mission the riven is being applied last causing a mix in different elements

edit: His riven probably has toxin in it trying to create corrosive with shellshock. But since the riven is being applied last, as client in a mission, hes probably actually getting magnetic (more often seen proc because of higher damage) and toxin last

Edited by Faulcun