Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Ember

Antonietta

Question

Hi everyone!

I recently started playing Ember, found a build for her, got all required mods. At first it was fun, but as I progressed to lvl 30+ missions I started noticing that she gets killed way to fast. Mostly because I don't have either Vitality nor Redirection. According to build that I found it shouldn't be a problem, because with power efficiency, range and stun lock from combined burn of World on Fire and knock down on Firequake, enemies shooting me shouldn't be a problem. But it just doesn't work that way, simply because damage of World on Fire isn't good enough to kill things fast enough if they come in big groups, allowing enemies not hit by World on Fire to kill me in just few hits.

So, my question is, if this are mods I use, which one should i swap for Vitality or Redirection and which of those 2 should I use?

Corrosive Projection, Power Drift, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Continuity, Overextended, Streamline, Intensify, Stretch, Firequake.

Here is a build in a warframe.builder. Wasn't sure will this work, so just wrote down mods first.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Antonietta

15 answers to this question

In general, ember is very fragile. She might looked all godly in lower level because of her wof but that won't work at higher level.

At high levels, her wof need to work together with her accelerant power 2 but even so, she can only stalled and stun heavy units from high level.

What you need are powerful weapons that you can kill off the heavies when your wof got them stun.

9 minutes ago, kyori said:

In general, ember is very fragile. She might looked all godly in lower level because of her wof but that won't work at higher level.

At high levels, her wof need to work together with her accelerant power 2 but even so, she can only stalled and stun heavy units from high level.

What you need are powerful weapons that you can kill off the heavies when your wof got them stun.

Thank you for answer. I do use weapons when I run into those machine gun graneers or big infected with Scorpion's "get over here!" power. My Hek usually kills them in 1 shot anyways. But I can't kill them if they kill me before I can aim at them, that is why I want to know which of those 2 mods should i use to have a little more defence and which one of my current mods should I replace with it, so I won't ruin rest of the build.

Edited by Antonietta

I would take out Stretch (Overextended is enough range imo) and put Redirection there.

Generally speaking, when deciding between Shields or Health you want to see which base value is higher. (There are exceptions for specific frames and builds, but its a good mindset overall)

Edited by KillMePlis

1 minute ago, KillMePlis said:

I would take out Stretch (Overextended is enough range imo) and put Redirection there.

Generally speaking, when deciding between Shields or Health you want to see which base value is higher. (There are exceptions for specific frames and builds, but its a good mindset overall)

Hmm, thanks. But that's kind of weird. You said to look at what value is higher, my Ember has 300 shields and 340 health, also, she has armor and as I know it, armor only works with health. So is Ember one of those exceptions, so shields are better for her? Why?

I use that same build (I swap Firequake for Cunning Drift at times, depending on the mission).  Ember just isn't capable of doing high-end missions.  Even if you do boost her survivability, the TTK of WoF will be so slow that you'd be better off just shooting everything anyhow.  I guess if you were going to drop anything, it'd likely be Continuity.  It means your Accelerant would suck, but you really don't want to touch anything that boots strength/range/efficiency.

1 hour ago, Antonietta said:

Hi everyone!

I recently started playing Ember, found a build for her, got all required mods. At first it was fun, but as I progressed to lvl 30+ missions I started noticing that she gets killed way to fast. Mostly because I don't have either Vitality nor Redirection. According to build that I found it shouldn't be a problem, because with power efficiency, range and stun lock from combined burn of World on Fire and knock down on Firequake, enemies shooting me shouldn't be a problem. But it just doesn't work that way, simply because damage of World on Fire isn't good enough to kill things fast enough if they come in big groups, allowing enemies not hit by World on Fire to kill me in just few hits.

So, my question is, if this are mods I use, which one should i swap for Vitality or Redirection and which of those 2 should I use?

Corrosive Projection, Power Drift, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Continuity, Overextended, Streamline, Intensify, Stretch, Firequake.

Here is a build in a warframe.builder. Wasn't sure will this work, so just wrote down mods first.

Thanks in advance.

take time to watch how the enemy act's, what range they attack, is there possibly something on are that you can use as cover.

movement system has few ways to dodge the enemys attacks:

1. bullet jump to to a place they have hard time getting  or just behind corner

2. ((long range)) when you "aim" you have the possibility to roll, and to do that pretty accurate ( when you are "locked" in aim, you have possibility to roll in 4 direction. these directions can be fine tuned with adjusting the aim position)   

3.  ((short range)) personal ´favorite when you are locked in ads (aim down sight) you can gently tap you "crouch" button at same time you move to ANY direction, this will give you little momentum, that you can use to quickly moving to cover and having time to shoot at same time, ( less "friction" you mod on your frame longer the distance it will slide) usualy the initial "dodge" is enough to throw enemy off balance and giving you that extra seconds to finish it off.    

imho  after you learn how enemy behaves in different situtation, there is little need for vitality or redirection. when they start 1 shot you, take a bigger gun.

EDIT: keep all mods, its a good build  /   change firequake/ intensify   (wich ever you prefer)  to energy energy conversion  (its from simaris)  it makes "toggle" builds much better

my build:

Spoiler

Edited by --Q--Savokki

Ok.. I am just a casual ember player and here is my build: https://goo.gl/QIa0T9

If you said lvl30-40, never got 1 shot by them before. If lvl80-100 and above, then yes. 

I use steel charge because I use the meta melee.

I don't use overextended as it crippled my strength, I am satisfied with stretch + cunning speed.

I don't use firequake because I think it is redundant as wof already stun the enemies long enough for me to kill them. You might consider swapping out firequake for flash accelerant. Trust me, it is more useful.

Vitality for some health.... because health don't regenerate like shield does.... plus I hate to be a burden to the team.

- keep moving. 

- in high levels, everything will fall into place when you have better weapons.... better meta weapons perhaps lol

53 minutes ago, Antonietta said:

Hmm, thanks. But that's kind of weird. You said to look at what value is higher, my Ember has 300 shields and 340 health, also, she has armor and as I know it, armor only works with health. So is Ember one of those exceptions, so shields are better for her? Why?

Ember's armor values not that high meaning that once your shields are depleted the amount of damage that gets "denied" by armor is minimal, and she doesn't have any type of damage mitigation (as far as I remember). Considering that, plus this mod, Redirection is a better choice.

Edited by KillMePlis
Added more info

46 minutes ago, KillMePlis said:

Ember's armor values not that high meaning that once your shields are depleted the amount of damage that gets "denied" by armor is minimal, and she doesn't have any type of damage mitigation (as far as I remember). Considering that, plus this mod, Redirection is a better choice.

Low armor is still higher than the zero damage reduction your shields get. You could also link http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Medi-Ray or rejuvenation aura, arcane grace or arcane victory, or any loka, meridian and arbiter primary or secondary weapon, sancti magistar, augmented furis, and now hirudo too, or any melee weapon with life strike.

Shields only start to regenerate when you are not damaged for 3 seconds, and take 10+ seconds to fully recharge. assuming you still don't get hit - tell me how often does that happen in warframe. All of the methods I mentioned earlier work while under fire.

Add to this that toxic and slash procs ignore shields, and you see why redirection is only used on a few frames (most notably Mag, who can restore shields actively)

Even the devs know that shields are outclassed by health, this is why they are working on shield gating (watch the last devstream if you don't know what I'm talking about)

@Antonietta I'd replace transient fortitude with energy onversion (you can get that mod from cephalon simaris) it keeps the +50% power strentgh on your world on fire as long as you don't deactivate it.

This way you don't need continuity any more, so you can playe redirection or vitality there (I suggest the latter)

Sadly Ember doesn't deal much damage on higher level enemies unless using with specific builds with extremely high power strength and a Trinity fueling with energy. The negative modifier against armor doesn't help her either.
She makes an excellent support frame in 4xCP aura squads though, with http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fireball_Frenzy and spamming accelerant, which also amplifies the fire damage of your allies, but that requires a completely different build (and teammates who know what are you doing)

My Carrier Prime has Medi-Ray on it, as well as a mod that recharges my shield to 100% every 12 seconds if it goes down. I don't have a problem going against level 100+ enemies with my Ember because of this, but your weapons will also affect your survivability. Also, I wouldn't use corrupt mods on her. Go for positive stat mods only, and then put Vialityt+Redirection on it to fill the gaps. If you do this, stay on the move to CC as many enemies as possible.

Edited by 1nhum4ntv
Explained further

4 hours ago, KillMePlis said:

Your shields are gonna go down a lot faster than health. If a frame is squishy, health will be better. The only frame that would be good with shields is Mag and even then the shields will go out like that.

while i understand the question, i feel others have accuratetly answered your intended question but thought id leave some info that could be beneficial 

ember is one of my favs and ive spent countless hours testing mechanics of her powers

but i have a ...strange build for her myself..dont ask 

anyway one thing i can tell is basic mechanics

WOF is independent of duration 

even with maxed low duration the efficiency drain is negligible with basic efficiency mods 

also lower rate donst effect fire rate of WOF

now focusing on ember herself is squishy , but something to note is that her powers scale CC wise but not damage 

but even with the augment [fire quake] for WOF its not 100% knockdown, as enemies scale the effectiveness of that mod seems to dwindle down even to maybe 35% 

now im talking a range of enemies lvls from 100-1000 so some things most players wont run across in daily grind 

the thing of note is that accelerant does scale and ccs regardless of lvl 

enemies afflicted by heat also are stunned[arms waving about]

one of the things i found that leaves ember open is when she is knocked down, having a quick knockdown recover made a world of difference in surving

so i hope this helps , or leads to some new insights 

I run a similar build but use Enemy radar as a survival mod. 

Try using enemy radar instead of corrosive projection-enemy radar will let you know when you should be dodging and tells you the ideal time to use accelerant, i.e. In large spawns, thus placing CC where it matters, and this can then enhance survivability, whereas corrosive projection just adds damage. 

If you want vitality or redirection or even vigor, I recommend taking out fire quake as it does only a very slight increase in CC than the stock WoF.