Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So stealth ... where is that

Milinko

I just want something to be done about the stealth mechanic because before there was a balance between doing a mission stealthily and going full rambo now there is not a single reason to do a mission fully stealthed. Going in full rambo get's the mission done in a respectable time and the same reward. I get that the stealth mechanic itself was buffed because people could use stealth multipliers to get major affinity so not it's made so you almost have to be a legitimate ninja realistically in order to get any decent affinity from stealth and if you have to try 1/4 as hard to get almost the same affinity what do you think people would rather choose.

I see a few ways to deal with this problem.

1. Revert the system to how it used to be. (which obviously Digital Extremes won't do.)
  2. Make the stealth a bit more forgiving so players won't just give up on trying to stealth because the wait for enemies to not be alerted is way too long.
  3. Make there a reward for how stealthy you were like if you complete an exterminate and stealth killed every enemy, or complete a sabotage and get all the caches and never get caught  (which is really difficult in some cases) then you get a substantial increase in your rewards or even an extra reward like large amounts of endo an ayatan, nitain, the planets rare resource, boosters, or maybe even a small chance at a riven (obviously if you have already completed the War Within.[BONUS] The more players in a mission that is completed stealthily then an even larger reward to encourage teamplay communication, and maybe even make new friends. There is also some missions that you can complete without killing anything if you do that that makes the reward better on say spy missions which enemies spawn endlessly making it too easy. Maybe adding a suitable time limit to get the stealth bonus based on how many players are there.
  4. Combine 3 with either 1, or 2.

Let's be honest if the stealth mechanic even just gave us better rewards like say just adding every booster instead of just affinity to stealth kills and so on then I would try to stealth missions but as it is now it's a dying gameplay style unless you are roleplaying in which case good luck.

You can omit anything after [BONUS] if you don't like that idea I just came up with that on the fly but everything else I genuinely stand by. I would like to hear everyone else's feedback to my feedback. 

40 minutes ago, Milinko said:

the caches and never get caught  (which is really difficult in some cases) then you get a substantial increase in your rewards or even an extra reward like large amounts of endo an ayatan, nitain, the planets rare resource, boosters, or maybe even a small chance at a riven (obviously if you have already completed the War Within.[BONUS]

If you talk about normal missions, not going to happen, except rare resource and maybe an extremely low chance on nitain but still, rest are totally impossible and make no sense.

• Endo can be farmed in large amounts already from few nodes and it exists in sorties for reason. (Ayatan Sculptures also can be farmed from the Quest and randomly from Trials and missions if you pay attention to your surroundings).
  • Nitains got extremely low chance on sabotage. 
  • Rivens' were put in only in sorties for a reason and its close to impossible for them to get removed from there or added in normal missions as a low chance of success while stealthing. 

To fix stealth they must first fix basic invisibility.  I just finished a mission where ancients were hooking me while I was invis, I got shot to death while invis and running away, and I those damned moas just keep setting me ablaze even after I vanish.

Lots of works to do, miles to go before we sleep.