The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why people hate Titania/Atlas?

Ziembski

9 hours ago, k05h said:

I have never thought of that. Is that a thing?

I mean I bring her to every sniper-only corpus sortie mission because she can wear those nulli-bubbles down fast. 

Yeah, it's working wonderfully well. With the flying ulti she's really hard to target by the raptor and her damage are quite good too. So to me, it's just really the perfect frame to get rid of this boss ;)

Atlas was least used frame at some point and he didn't change much since then. Hes okay for a while and then really struggles to survive due to minimal crit on landslide which causes it to not work too well with naramon.

I considered Titania to be rather pointless since her release, she can deal some decent single target dmg with her guns and that's about it. 1-Spam cc skill we had so many in the game already 2-literally a chore that you have to keep refreshing 3-kinda like prism but less useful, usually it just floats away 4-Screenshot mode. 

Edited by ViS4GE

I would "main" titania but she is very situational. She is the ultimate risk vs reward frame for me, and I always loved situational classes in games but of course, if I am being honest, there are too many situations where she isn't the safe bet so I land fairly evenly between Titania, Trinity and Ivara with frost and inaros close behind when it comes to sorties and more challenging content these days (I love so many of the frames though...)

But Titania is my favourite, not because she is a pixie and that's in my nickname but because until nidus came out she was the only frame where I use all 4 abilities pretty much every mission i bring her on. Her 1st is my oh s&#%t cc button and I use it to remove status effects from myself and teammates (when I notice). Lantern I personally only use as cc when rezzing and otherwise it is an energy dump aoe damage skill when double clicked in my build. Tribute, as well, is energy dump with positive benefits for my team, I definitely feel the difference in long/endless missions when I have enough energy to keep them running vs when I don't. And I use all these skills while in razorwing. 

I, too, tend to bring her on sniper only missions and on bow only if ivara isn't a good fit. Have I brought her on public missions where she wasn't a good fit? Absolutely! (Sorry, team from yesterday) but I have never once been told off for using her, even when I played her wrong. 

She does require a bit of learning, which enemies do what buff (dust + Nyx chaos isn't always what the team requires for instance) and what extra features her skills have, but she can melt bosses without taking damage, save the day in sniper only sorties and make sentinels a breeze, so she definitely earned her place on my top frame roster. My boyfriend stopped rolling his eyes at me for bringing her after only a week or two! ;)

I jest.. but yes. We both definitely mistook her for a gimmick-frame or even a low-lvl-content-only frame at first. Until we saw her dmg numbers rising from the scattered remains of her lvl 100+ foes, that is. Turns out I inadvertently brought a main weapon with precisely the right mods by accident...

I do wish they would remove a few of the restrictions from her though. She isn't so OP that letting her open doors and rez without leaving razorwing (which sometimes bugs out for me) would break the game, tbh. And spellbind is short and weak enough that protecting you from the damage you are standing in, or in the case of Tribute, giving you the full stack of one buff from a single enemy instead of stacking the same buff by casting it over and over would be a welcome addition to the team and frame, and I still don't think you'd be swimming in a sea of Titanias because she would still be very situational. And I don't know why she is so attracted to every surface she gets near that she just HAS to stop and ponder her existence... I am getting a lot better at manouvering her though.

But at the end of the day, the most important thing is that she is my cat's favourite. When those butterflies twirl all around her in the orbiter.. oh he falls for it every. Single. Time ;)

I have actually never played atlas for real, but I'm sure he's a good guy?

Both Atlas and Titania are great warframes when you know what you want to do with them. My atlas is my go-to warframe for kuva farming when you use the augments for both his 1 and 2, since it allows you to lock down corridors and set up trenches that freeze the enemy in their tracks.

As for Titania, I have her built for extreme high-mobility and ult focus (I only equip Telos Boltace for the parkour boost, honest!), although slapping on a range-focus build while using Razorwing to perch yourself out of harm's way makes her excellent at CC as well.

I think that they are frames that have potential but they could be better with some adjustments. Thats why some players can play them very well and others dont.

Atlas has a very good 1st and 4th is very helpful. Some people use the walls in specific situations and petrify can work in the hands of somebody who knows what they are doing. Overall Atlas could be better if petrify didnt slow you down ( you already cant use weapons!), if 4th had some kind of AOE CC like smashing the ground for a large CC and the walls had more applications than just block ( works like Volt shield buf with no buff, no shooting thru it).

Titania could have a better hit box on the 4th, the enemy awareness of Titanias CC seems odd ( if there is a group of enemies, you need to hit the first enemy on the group or it wont wok well) and enemies hit by Lantern could fly up till a certain point to notbreak the CC effect.

Its not that they are bad, but some of these drawbacks prevent some players to use them well. On the other hand, players who can overcome these factors are able to play them very well.