Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's the thing.

Old-Blue

Are you tired of clans just being a thing where people get stuff and they have to make up events? Yes! Now, the "mafia" system does sound all well in good. But we all it's only a short matter of time before we chew through that content like a crazy pack of rabid wolves high on cocaine ripping into a bull-moose. Then we're back to trolling chat and trading stuff for plat or vice versa. Don't get me wrong! I'm super jazzed about the new stuff coming out. The Hema was absolutley the wrong way to go and has caused a toxic blight to appear on the warframe community as a whole. Personally, I will not do and ODS again after doing several runs and one day even dedicating 12hrs to doing nothing but farming. But even though I do not totally disagree with this approach, I do think it came in at the wrong time. Not the weapon, but the way the new cost was introduced. Think about it, you can join a clan and right off the bat you have access to all the stuff right away! Why? You haven't contributed anything at all to the group. So, here's what should be done.   

Step 1: Create a log to where you can see who donates what and in what amount. 

Step 2: Allow the leaders of clans to create ranks that only give access to said amount of tech, so people will have an incentive to actually contribute. Yes! Maybe I need to go into futher detail about this, but I feel like a lot gals (and guys) will get this. 

Step 3: Never put the dark-sectors in again. NEVER! That system was dumb as all get out. If you want to have clans compete, do something with the arena and have clans agree on it. Maybe, have them place bets using weapons, resources, credits, prime parts, ayatan things, mods and even PLAT.  

Step 4: MAKE THIS THE YEAR FOR CLANS! Find ways to help people to work more cohesivley. Not just kinda "blah.....Here's another tac alert, lets do it over and over to try and get on a leader board....blah..". It's not fun.  Plain and simple. 

But don't take all of this the wrong way. I do enjoy the game and have been for the better part for three years and I really would like to see you guys continue to succeed. But you have to really step up your game. Espically this year, because there's a lot of games that will potentially taking our attention this year, that's for sure. 

What we need now is for the Dojo (If you have one) to become much more intimate in the warframe universe.

I'm not disagreeing with Seth-M, My brotha from the PC motha. Not disagreeing even a little bit.

What I think D.E. should do Is OVERHAUL ALL THE THINGS!!

First. "Start location Landing Craft or Dojo"

I wanna spawn in mah dojo dammit!
It would be amazing to start the game in your own personal sanctuary that you spent oodles of resources, credits, and even platinum if you're bold. 
I wanna start the game seeing a cinimatic showing my Liset flying into the dojo, or my warframe coming out of meditation in the chosen spawn room.

Second. You wanna bring the dojo's back to life? Two words. Mission Control. All of the relays have one (and its very clear that the relays practically mimic the Dojo in architecture so why not have our very own mission control room? I mean it wouldn't be to hard to convert an already existing copy of the Observatory to meet that need..(seeing how the Effing thing LOOKS like mission control)

Third. Resource Vault. Resources are only stored in the vault after a room is destroyed. Probably pending immediate use again anyway. Why not create another decoration similar to the clan credit vault but for resources? I mean... I can't be the only one walking around with 2 million alloy plates with No Idea on what to do with them am i right?

aaaaand finally. Actual Barracks. It would be cool as a small pass time to walk around the dojo as your operator , but what if you actually had a place to lay their clearly wary heads. Your chosen warframe would enter Transfer Pose as if going on standby while you slept, (A tweak would be kinda of going into SD state and walking around as your frame for alittle bit but only to kinda mess around in your arsenal. You know change your weapons, skin, mods etc. Just my two cents

YES, everything Seth-M and the console-peasant stated (just teasing ;-P sorry!:satisfied:

On top of that, while we're at it: Please give us access to the Simulacrum in the dojo, and please give us an Arsenal in the Arena, give us an arsenal even in the obstacle course, well just make an arsenal as decoration placeable everywhere!

On the long term maybe give us any kind of console found in our ship as a placeable decoration in the dojo! (except the ones that wouldn't make sense, but I think all but the operators spot would make kind of sense)

1. I'm not sure on having a tracker list it but if it is only for the warlords to see, then I don't have as much of an issue with it.  Mostly I have an issue because it will become a reason for people to potentially harass others if its open knowledge.  Sure Warlords could use it as rationales to be pricks to their members, but then warlords kinda already can be that (and lets face it no one really wants to have a warlord like that).

2. If you mean auto upgrades based on contributions that warlords can set then fine. If its tied to just permission ranks then, no thanks. 
Personally I would prefer simply just some ability to set a tax (in credits or resources the item research uses, minimum of 0) to the research that goes into the vault for future projects (clans can use them as they prefer then).  This way everyone in the clan has the same tax factor (maybe personal tax reductions for donations to that specific project purchases) be they warlords or new to the clan and it would better fit the 'compulsory' donation system you are looking for.
Along that line of taxes, having an option to allow non-clan members to purchase your research with a minimum tax amount (again able to set resources and credit amount with a minimum credit cost), half of which goes to the clan the other half paid to the game (ie a sink).

3. The dark sector rails could work if DE did like they initially mentioned with letting multiple clans have rails (letting players chose the one they want to pay the fees for) to the location not just the ones with the biggest wallets to fund battle-pay owing the only rail.  Just returning them as they were before wouldn't be an ideal option (and I don't really see DE doing that anyway).

4. I can see this being tied in with your desire to have the Dojo as the clans home and starting location, rather than just living in the 'car' (the landing craft).  
In this way even allowing players to donate the liset decorations for use in the dojo (even weapons or frames as decorations could be donated) and when highlighted actually show the players name that donated it (much like enemy names can be at the top of the screen when aiming at them).  This could also tie into the desire for a tracking list, and actually let players help make it feel more like a home to them by showing off some of their trinkets to the clan.

All in all dojos really need to be more of a home for the clans than just a fancy mostly barren place.

• 1 month later...
On 24/01/2017 at 10:21 PM, Seth-M said:

Step 2: Allow the leaders of clans to create ranks that only give access to said amount of tech, so people will have an incentive to actually contribute. Yes! Maybe I need to go into futher detail about this, but I feel like a lot gals (and guys) will get this. 

This will be easily exploited by greedy warlords and such. A way of tracking donations per member is just much better.

On 24/01/2017 at 10:21 PM, Seth-M said:

Step 3: Never put the dark-sectors in again. NEVER! That system was dumb as all get out. If you want to have clans compete, do something with the arena and have clans agree on it. Maybe, have them place bets using weapons, resources, credits, prime parts, ayatan things, mods and even PLAT.

Something with the arena won't work, the same way you disliked dark sectors is the same way alot of people will dislike arena, specially in the pvp way you seem to be mentioning. DE needs to work out a balanced way for clans to compete and try to mix both pve and pvp.

Also on a side not, can you make the title not so vague and clickbaiting.